An old Easter Egg returns - "JD"

PINNAZ

Hello CoDz,

Though this is only a minor discovery, I think this is an interesting one.

(It's great to find something in Tranzit after all this time!)

In the maps Der Riese & Kino der Toten, the letters "JD" appear multiple times written on the walls.

Der Riese "JD" Example

DerRieseJD_zps48b01c63.png

==============================

Kino der Toten Projection Screen - "JD"

Kino_der_Toten_-_Projection_Screen_JD_EY

"JD" letters on the base of the Bus Drivers Seat in Tranzit

BusDriverJD_zpsb86e6a99.png

2013_7_28_12_45_59_zpsd5aa1fb6.png

Though it's very hard to see, here is a confirmation of the letters from the Bus Driver Model

BusDriver_zpsb5cb699a.png

JD_zps9250bf3f.png

Josh Olin - JD_2020 (Treyarch communnity manager)

Some people think that it is Treyarch's old communnity manager Josh Olin, who went by the name JD_2020 on the World at War forums.

Sadly, the blog intel posts have been taken down recently.

Josh Olin left Treyarch (I think) around September 2011.

Other people think that it is the initials of José Delgado,

whose surname appears on the chalk boards found on maps Der Riese, Kino der Toten & "FIVE"

Delgado_zps51e203ca.png

DELGADO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Manuel_Rodriguez_Delgado

José Delgado - Delgado's research interests centered on the use of electrical signals to evoke responses in the brain.

His earliest work was with cats, but he later did experiments with monkeys and humans, including psychiatric patients.

Now, why do the letters "JD" appear in Tranzit, and what do they really represent?

Other people think that it is the initials of José Delgado, whose surname appears on the chalk boards found on maps Der Riese, Kino der Toten & "FIVE"

DELGADO

José Delgado - Delgado's research interests centered on the use of electrical signals to evoke responses in the brain. His earliest work was with cats, but he later did experiments with monkeys and humans, including psychiatric patients.

Don't forget the astronaut zombie sometimes getting the name JDelgado. I've always been a believer that it meant José Delgado.

It's cool to see them bring it back

• Brains 1

Other people think that it is the initials of José Delgado, whose surname appears on the chalk boards found on maps Der Riese, Kino der Toten & "FIVE"

DELGADO

José Delgado - Delgado's research interests centered on the use of electrical signals to evoke responses in the brain. His earliest work was with cats, but he later did experiments with monkeys and humans, including psychiatric patients.

Don't forget the astronaut zombie sometimes getting the name JDelgado.

finally, i get an answer about the astronaut zombie...always wondered why that name came up, and random names. why would friends name even pop up as it? (on black ops 1 i never really used forums or anything :lol: )

Once again, MixMasterNut shows me something I didn't know about.

The JD initials were also found on one of the film reels in Kino der Toten:

Being that the letters are imprinted within the film reel on Kino, this swayed me more towards it referring to Delgado, though, Josh Olin worked for Treyarch from January 2008 – September 2011 (3 years 9 months) & also has his (COD) game credits as;-

- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (9 months)

- Call of Duty: Black Ops

- Call of Duty: World at War

So maybe this one slid into the early development of the game? I've always leaned towards Delgado though.

Don't forget the astronaut zombie sometimes getting the name JDelgado. I've always been a believer that it meant José Delgado.

It's cool to see them bring it back

I completely forgot about the Astronaut Zombie showing that name. I came across your name on many posts about the "JD" writing too nayrc. haha

I always thought it was a reference to Josh Olin. This one on the Bus Driver is really discreet. Maybe it's just a reference to...well, the older references? It's pretty strange.

I think you are right Flammen.

Josh Olin (JD_2020) confirmed in the past through Twitter that the JD that appeared in Kino at least, was indeed a reference to him.

Unless he was trolling, I just took it as fact and moved on from it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Wow, After 7 Years of making THIS thread, which was a new discovery in TRANZIT of an age old easter egg that pretty much went unconfirmed & unsolved since Der Riese, I think I can finally put to rest the appearence of the "J.D." initials and the word "DELGADO" that appears on the Chalkboard.

I stumbled across this BO3 texture (which I think is from Origins Chronicals - i_p7_zm_ori_debris_paper_names_c

A List of Treyarch Dev names

unknown.png

John "DELGADO"

unknown.png

https://www.artstation.com/jdelgado01

- Call of Duty: World at War DLC
Lead build game play design, layout and detail for zombie level Der Riese.

Also, additional detail support for zombie levels Verrukt, Shi no Numa and multiplayer level Station

- Call of Duty: Black Ops 1
Designed and detailed campaign levels and downloadable content for zombies with additional support on multiplayer

- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Designed, detailed and closed out multiple levels for campaign mode and zombies downloadable content.

unknown.png

john-delgado-screenshot-driese-1.jpg?151

• Brains 5
  • 2 weeks later...