Der Riese didn't have a comic book page.

It was just a blue print. I understand that Der Riese being a map next could be a cop out or is being lazy. But I've always kept to my theory about how the Der Riese map description is "This is where it all began, is this where it all ends?" That's not the exact quote, but it's general. Also, people have been speculating on the recent photos of the so called "campaign" team have been posting, and the tweets said, "we were here in the beginning, and we'll be there until the end!" I believe that's what was said.

Has anything come to mind yet? I'll give you a moment.....

It's almost what was said on Der Riese. The group 935 symbol also gives us a hint it's Der Riese. My other theory has always been a 8 player Easter egg, with the N4 and O4. Which is what grief is for yes, but I feel like it's more of a hint to that idea, and with MoTD Easter egg having us kill or be killed by Al, it gives room for speculation. It's the last (or so I think) dlc for black ops 2, so it's going to be epic.

I've had this theory since Die Rise, which is another hint, or so I believe, to be Der Riese. It's where Maxis and Samantha parted ways, where Richtofen destroyed Maxis's life, it's where 935 was founded, the hell hounds, the wunderwaffe was made, and more importantly, where the ZOMBIES were created.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Der Riese did have a comic book page. All the World at War maps (Classic Maps) on Black Ops 1 had comic book loading screens.

World at War Loading Screen

Black Ops Loading Screen

Buried Loading Screen

The hint on the Buried loading screen is not Der Riese, the only similarity is that it looks to be a blueprint like the World at War loading screen was. As Flammen said, there is also another page between these two, that hint may not even be the next map?

Im confused by this conversation because im on ps3 and dont have buried yet.BUTTT i do think der riese is where it all ends.Maybe not the last map,but it will be featured before the end.I severely doubt the last map will be the last.Only problem is,next BO might be on next gen consoles,only.Hope not but its possible.

Im confused by this conversation because im on ps3 and dont have buried yet.BUTTT i do think der riese is where it all ends.Maybe not the last map,but it will be featured before the end.I severely doubt the last map will be the last.Only problem is,next BO might be on next gen consoles,only.Hope not but its possible.

I really hope it won't be exclusive to next gen when it launches. I'm sure it will be but I can dream. I won't be getting an Xbox One about 2-3 years after it launches and I really don't want to miss out the new zombies, day one launch experience. It's going to be hard not looking up information about it though.

On Topic : I think there may be a slight chance we could go back to Der Riese but it would be much more open and expanded. They did change up the Buried loading screen from how it should have been. I do think however the next map will most likely be set in Agartha or at least near Agartha. Or possibly a map with the O4 and them surviving in a much larger version of Area 51? Leaving us with answers about the N4 but ending BO2 also at a starting point which would give us answers about the O4 but then give us questions as to what they will be doing. Very slim chances for that happening too.

I was thinking in the last few steps to the EE is you build a time machine, go back in time to Der Riese before they had created the zombies and destroy Der Riese thus changing the past. This would mean that none of the zombie storyline ever happened which would save the earth. But they characters would die in the proccess.

Der Riese did have a comic book page. All the World at War maps (Classic Maps) on Black Ops 1 had comic book loading screens.

World at War Loading Screen

Black Ops Loading Screen

Buried Loading Screen

The hint on the Buried loading screen is not Der Riese, the only similarity is that it looks to be a blueprint like the World at War loading screen was. As Flammen said, there is also another page between these two, that hint may not even be the next map?

Those aren't comic book pages... they're blue prints with objects next to it.

I agree Flammen, the BO1 rendition of Der Rieses loading screen is completely on paper, the objects around it are drawn on the paper, where WaW had actual objects around them.

Perhaps the change was to show that the comic is drawn exactly as it was in "real life", showing that what is drawn becomes real, why they choose to show us the real one first I have no idea. Complete guess :lol:

I agree Flammen, the BO1 rendition of Der Rieses loading screen is completely on paper, the objects around it are drawn on the paper, where WaW had actual objects around them.

Perhaps the change was to show that the comic is drawn exactly as it was in "real life", showing that what is drawn becomes real, why they choose to show us the real one first I have no idea. Complete guess :lol:

Because they were making it up as they went ;) they never expected this to be this big. There is no master plan. The story is changing all the time.

Because they were making it up as they went ;) they never expected this to be this big. There is no master plan. The story is changing all the time.

There is always that, I had almost included that in my reply. Nothing wrong with trying to make sense of it though.

• Administrators

I feel that the change is to show where the comic book (story) would begin, and progress throughout time. We also obtained comic book pages for NDU, and we never even got a true loading screen from that map. It's giving us a little back history of each map and a little more insight that it may be something of a memory to relive (not too canon, however).

I don't think many people have noticed what I just realized which could prove this whole blueprint thing to be invalid until the next map.

http://i.imgur.com/xDvQebz.png

For those who can't view the picture or don't understand what its getting at is there is a page behind buried that ISN'T the blueprint. Sad thing is we're finishing the book but there is something big behind it, which could be a big twist or reveal.

I don't think many people have noticed what I just realized which could prove this whole blueprint thing to be invalid until the next map.

For those who can't view the picture or don't understand what its getting at is there is a page behind buried that ISN'T the blueprint. Sad thing is we're finishing the book but there is something big behind it, which could be a big twist or reveal.

Some people are saying its the end of the book as in the back cover, which doesn't make sense. What will that signify to the next map? The next page is a comic book page, and I feel like it isn't a blue print anymore.

your alil late to the party :lol:

but yes you are correct it the blueprint ISNT the next dlc, you can see the page inbetween. if you go back to NuketownZombies comic page and will notice the staples

anybody knows that staples in a comic means, youve reached the middle of the book. so if NTZ was only the middle... :twisted:

If the next page is a blueprint, it could be a blueprint of the Eiffel Tower.

I really hope we can get 5 zombie maps where they could make 2 new maps and 3 old. 1 in Paris and another in Argatha. Then allow the fans to choose the other 3 maps from old games. I know they won't but it would be nice.

I'm not attacking you or putting this against you but I'm so sick of hearing about Paris. They changed it because it didnt work and we got a better map called Moon. Yah know? The one on a different planet. Anyway, I really hope we don't get to Paris, it's like the "secret" anagram. First it was FEAR RUSS, then vengeance came out and it was changed to FEAR TEDDY, and now it's freaking FEAR MARS. Honestly, just stop. Treyarch isn't as smart as people make them out to be, they are great minds, but not freaking Einsteins. People are still thinking FEAR RUV means something. Come on, really?

your alil late to the party :lol:

but yes you are correct it the blueprint ISNT the next dlc, you can see the page inbetween. if you go back to NuketownZombies comic page and will notice the staples

anybody knows that staples in a comic means, youve reached the middle of the book. so if NTZ was only the middle... :twisted:

But heres where I think people don't understand the staples (Sorry to go all PTG on this.) but it doesn't represent the middle of the zombies games or the storyline in my opinion, but it means the connecting of the stories, NTZ connects Blackops and Blackops 2, being the middle of the two games, the connecting storyline.