From what I have heard, we are going to see a trailer for dlc 4 on august 13th and the actual map pack on the 27th.

Oh good! 30 days away! And only 16 more until the info! What joy!

Well I wouldn't ge your hopes up for an exact date of anything, as none of us actually know for sure. I doubt these exact dates are right.

All you can count on for sure is that DLC4 will be dropping around the start of September. All previous DLC have followed this pattern: DLC1 release for XBOX, 1 month wait, DLC1 release for PS3, month wait, DLC2 release XBOX, and so on. It's a rough estimation, sometimes it's two months, sometimes it's two and half months. But they've always followed this pattern for DLC.

The only reason we might see DLC4 early is to avoid taking the spotlight from Ghosts. I really hope we see it released early, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it.

The intel that suggested a Aug. 27th date for MP4 release also included a suggested July 2nd release for MP3. being that it was correct about MP3 i'd say its reasonable to expect the 8/27/13 date to be accurate. Mp4 for black ops 1 was 8/23/11. lines up perfectly.

like you suggested 7/2 - 8/27 is almost exactly 2 months. not early at all. same as they did with black ops 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed up all night for buried and it was a let down, now I will have to deal with school while trying to make time for this last map...

Not quite understanding how the best map in BO2 is a letdown...

Personally I'm rooting for late August so I can play without having to deal with school or anything. Also, hoping to see the return of the O4. But again, who isn't? :D

I stayed up all night for buried and it was a let down, now I will have to deal with school while trying to make time for this last map...

Personally I'm rooting for late August so I can play without having to deal with school or anything. Also, hoping to see the return of the O4. But again, who isn't? :D

It is not the best map. Tranzit has more replay ability then buried. The map is so easy I can get to round 30 without a problem and if I really want to round 100+. I would say Die Rise is the best map.

It is not the best map. Tranzit has more replay ability then buried. The map is so easy I can get to round 30 without a problem and if I really want to round 100+. I would say Die Rise is the best map.

BURIED is easy but Die rise has more replay value?.... Don't see the logic there but ok....

I think the N4 are dead. Which sucks.

"Be their pawn."

In a game of chess, you send your pawns out as a decoy.

And if you use your pawns wisely they can become a queen.

Die Rise is harder than buried which is more of a challenge. SOoo more replay value to conquer it. Tranzit has the most replayability so it would be the best if it wasn't as slow.

The intel that suggested a Aug. 27th date for MP4 release also included a suggested July 2nd release for MP3. being that it was correct about MP3 i'd say its reasonable to expect the 8/27/13 date to be accurate. Mp4 for black ops 1 was 8/23/11. lines up perfectly.

like you suggested 7/2 - 8/27 is almost exactly 2 months. not early at all. same as they did with black ops 1

Ah, you must be talking about the Charlie Intel intel? I just take everything I hear from anyone but Activision and Treyarch with a grain of salt nowadays. Charlie Intel is great, but they do work off rumors and speculation to an extent. You make a great point though, the DLC2 date from them was dead on.

It was actually pretty easy to pinpoint a date when all the map packs would come out after DLC1 released, given the pattern they've followed for the last couple years. That's why it's bound to fall on August 27th or September 3rd, that's for sure. The only reason I considered the 27th early was because PS3 usually has the most recent DLC for a month before Xbox gets the new one. Given PS3 gets Vengeance on August 1, the 27th seemed kinda early as it's never been less than a month. But there's really not that big of a difference between 27 days and 31 days now that I think about it lol.

August 27th or September 3rd seems like a definitive date for DLC4. Anything later than that would push DLC4's release date on PS3 too close to the release of Call of Duty Ghost.

It better be the 27th :P

"Be their pawn."

Die Rise is harder than buried which is more of a challenge. SOoo more replay value to conquer it. Tranzit has the most replayability so it would be the best if it wasn't as slow.

Really? I find die rise to be REDICULOUSLY easy:Solo: Get qr., Build tramp., get SVU, get an-94, turn on power, get jug,train in Buddha room indeffinatly, leave only to buy perks and to get another tramp. For the crawlers who give you perks anyways....

Buried: Solo: Drop down,get QR draw Remington, hit box once, get the hillbilly out, Aquire booze, open jug., Lock box, power on, get jug, open bank (not to use), draw 3 of the 5 chalks, get booze, open house,church, and well, draw the rest of the chalk, buy 3 more perk's, use candy on a workbench(s), gain a ray gun, put points in bank, run through house, Aquire 5th perk (6th If time bomb is at hand), pack a punch, train in where-ever you want indeffinatly (use Balistics-knife tip piano thing to gain last perk OR wait until the house is lit up again)...

I'm not going to argue anymore, because as a person you are entitled to your opinion, but I'm just putting that out there...

August 27th or September 3rd seems like a definitive date for DLC4. Anything later than that would push DLC4's release date on PS3 too close to the release of Call of Duty Ghost.

Looks like I'll get ready to call my sick days. ;)

You need a replacer :D

When they say at the beginning. Which beginning? The beginning of the entire zombie apocalypse? Or the beginning of when Richtofen took control.

If at the beginning of when Richtofen took control then who was there at the beginning? The O4

And they havent been around for the other part of the fight but they will be there at the End.

Other theroies could be right with Der riese.

But lets think of where we are in the story. Depending on how you ended and who you sided with maxis or Richtofen it points to one thing to me. We have to go back to moon to get Richtofens body or get Samantha. I dunno if Richtofen is so worried about his body or not but it does hint hes still not fully in control yet.

Just some thoughts

I interpret the message in two different ways.

1. A reference to the description of Der Riese from W@W: This is where it all began. This is where the master plan took shape. Is this where it all ends?

2. They're referring to Mob of the Dead, where the zombies storyline technically starts in terms of chronological order (1933). And that's why they had the MotD window opened, it was a reference to that.

Is it not New Years Eve 1933? I'm with shooter, I think MotD is where it all began, the cartoon drawings, the ray gun idea etc.

"My name is Stanley Ferguson, I was a guard in Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. Today, I'm going to give you some insight into the more interesting tales of the prison's history. Over the decades, Alcatraz has seen more than its fair share of daring escape attempts. However, few were as audacious as the one undertaken by four inmates on New Years Eve, 1933. Thought to be the brainchild of an inmate by the name of Albert Arlington, the outrageous scheme was as unlikely as its mastermind."

Yes, Mob of the Dead occurs on New Years Eve 1933.

There are conflicting dates on Mob of the Dead: a water tower from 1942, a bridge from 1938, a cafeteria sign from 1932, a radio from 1933. Of all these things, the radio is the best indicator for a date. Also, the characters do indicate it is New Years Eve during the map, supporting the date of New Years Eve 1933 as the date for the map.

If you HAD to put a date on Mob of the Dead, that would be it.

Ah, you must be talking about the Charlie Intel intel? I just take everything I hear from anyone but Activision and Treyarch with a grain of salt nowadays. Charlie Intel is great, but they do work off rumors and speculation to an extent. You make a great point though, the DLC2 date from them was dead on.

It was actually pretty easy to pinpoint a date when all the map packs would come out after DLC1 released, given the pattern they've followed for the last couple years. That's why it's bound to fall on August 27th or September 3rd, that's for sure. The only reason I considered the 27th early was because PS3 usually has the most recent DLC for a month before Xbox gets the new one. Given PS3 gets Vengeance on August 1, the 27th seemed kinda early as it's never been less than a month. But there's really not that big of a difference between 27 days and 31 days now that I think about it lol.

agreed. And I think what you mentioned in an earlier post might have gone into picking the 27th as a date as far as allowing Ghosts a good 2 months of promotional spotlight. Of course there has also been speculation of a 5th pack of DLC which would be unbelievably awesome although i feel unlikely. I do think we will get SOMETHING after map pack 4 whether it be bonus zombie maps, personalization packs, something along those lines

Exactly, the map is an exact replica of Alcatraz 1933, but you said it yourself: I was a guard from 1933 to 1942... The real time date, and the ageless prison are two seperate things....

Yes the map BEGAN in 1933, but the actuall events we play in I beleive is 20??.... Albert Arlington has died and reincarnated MANY times, How about 2-3 times a day, everyday, for nearly 100 years? Al. Never forgets, that is his punishment... The others forget, and they always beleive it's 1933 because the map never changes... No one is there but the zombies.... No one to finish the bridge, or shut off the fireworks...

No one is there because this map is the four's Hell...

It never ages.... Never.... The many different things like the water tower and signs were just overlooked by trayarch.... You can't trust what the characters are saying because THEY don't remember being reset... But they are, and they always, will be, reset to the sunset strip... While the world outside their young view of Sanfransisco, ages on...

Shouldn't this discussion be in Future Zombies?

You all might have missed these posts over there talking about the tweets.

Talks about the periodic table of elements, what year it's from, original 1898 table image, connection to Marie Curie and radiation in Paris:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=34241

Talks about the Mauser C96 gun with real images and scope/stocks, zombies pictures in the background, the single player dev team:

viewtopic.php?f=138&t=34264

"Be their pawn."

Really? I find die rise to be REDICULOUSLY easy:Solo: Get qr., Build tramp., get SVU, get an-94, turn on power, get jug,train in Buddha room indeffinatly, leave only to buy perks and to get another tramp. For the crawlers who give you perks anyways....

Buried: Solo: Drop down,get QR draw Remington, hit box once, get the hillbilly out, Aquire booze, open jug., Lock box, power on, get jug, open bank (not to use), draw 3 of the 5 chalks, get booze, open house,church, and well, draw the rest of the chalk, buy 3 more perk's, use candy on a workbench(s), gain a ray gun, put points in bank, run through house, Aquire 5th perk (6th If time bomb is at hand), pack a punch, train in where-ever you want indeffinatly (use Balistics-knife tip piano thing to gain last perk OR wait until the house is lit up again)...

I'm not going to argue anymore, because as a person you are entitled to your opinion, but I'm just putting that out there...

I think you're confusing the term easy here with simple. Die rise is very simple to get set up to run to high rounds. getting to the high rounds however are more difficult in comparison to buried.

Buried takes a great deal of time to open everything up and get settled. but once you have what you need (paralyzer, mark 2 maybe, svu or lsat or an your choice, vulture) then it is really a mindless endeavor to get to high rounds. die rise my high round is 45 and it took all 3 QRs for that (not in buddha room, in cafeteria room) first solo try on buried made 45 with zero downs and quit, second run made to 50 zero downs and quit. didnt even have a close call.

opinion is certainly something we are all entitled to of course so maybe difficulty of a map for you lies in its opening stages moreso than the later rounds...

Exactly, the map is an exact replica of Alcatraz 1933, but you said it yourself: I was a guard from 1933 to 1942... The real time date, and the ageless prison are two seperate things....

Yes the map BEGAN in 1933, but the actuall events we play in I beleive is 20??.... Albert Arlington has died and reincarnated MANY times, How about 2-3 times a day, everyday, for nearly 100 years? Al. Never forgets, that is his punishment... The others forget, and they always beleive it's 1933 because the map never changes... No one is there but the zombies.... No one to finish the bridge, or shut off the fireworks...

It never ages.... Never.... The many different things like the water tower and signs were just overlooked by trayarch.... You can't trust what the characters are saying because THEY don't remember being reset... But they are, and they always, will be, reset to the sunset strip... While the world outside their young view of Sanfransisco, ages on...

Just because Fergeson was there from 1933-1944 doesn't mean this map didn't happen in 1933.. The single day, New Years Day, keeps repeating itself FOR THE CHARACTERS.. Everyone else's timeline went on.. Theirs is a REPEATING CYCLE.. Reincarnation doesn't move the timeline forward, it's a repeat of the same time over again. So if Fergeson said these events occurred then, then that's when the map's time frame is.. They died in the chair that night.. For murdering Weasel, just as they die in the game to go back to the prison.. Over and over again.. IF you break the cycle and escape that time frame.. Well, the game ends..

I seriously doubt the first time you played buried you got to round 45, unless you'd seen some info. On the map before hand...

And like I said, I'll let you hold your opinion on die rise...

first time solo..

id played several times co-op and got the hang of the map... but my first solo attempt yeah got to 45 then 50 next. although i strongly disagree with BSzombie about tranzit's replayability, i generally agree with his opinions of die rise being the best and buried being the easiest.

Back on topic, I had a dream last night that the map pack came out and it was called Dimension. it was pretty cool in my dream world :lol: :lol:

Just because Fergeson was there from 1933-1944 doesn't mean this map didn't happen in 1933.. The single day, New Years Day, keeps repeating itself FOR THE CHARACTERS.. Everyone else's timeline went on.. Theirs is a REPEATING CYCLE.. Reincarnation doesn't move the timeline forward, it's a repeat of the same time over again. So if Fergeson said these events occurred then, then that's when the map's time frame is.. They died in the chair that night.. For murdering Weasel, just as they die in the game to go back to the prison.. Over and over again.. IF you break the cycle and escape that time frame.. Well, the game ends..

+1. Exactly.

Plus, you do realize that Ferguson is killed in the intro for Mob of the Dead, right? The intro for Mob of the Dead and the "radios" for Mob of the Dead are in direct conflict. This was done on purpose by the zombies team to show that there are two seperate chain of events on MotD. One where Ferguson lives and Al dies (radios), and one where Ferguson dies and Al lives (intro and game). Both of these events began on December 31, 1933, and that is the only date you should be concerned about.

There's no proof that time kept going on as they repeated the cycle. In fact it's quite the opposite.

I did a full analysis of the story of Mob of the Dead when it came out, I suggest you check it out if you'd like to know more:

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=32121