I would argue that the zombie team will be the ones who do the last zombie map. Why make a zombie team if you aren't going to use them? What a slap in the face to Jimmy and the crew if that were the case.

It was ONLY campaign team members (Jason Blundell & co) who discussed MotD during the preview videos, so I would assume it was their project, and it is only them seen discussing a "new" project.

With the next Treyarch game due in 14 months presumably, and with it debuting on next-gen, then I would imagine the zombie team needs as much time as possible to work on this project, so there is no reason to assume the campaign team aren't handling DLC 4's map also.

They made Der Riese and Shangri La in the past, so they are known to be as deeply involved in this side of the game as the zombie team is.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campaign team did not make Shangri-la.

And it's not a good argument to say the zombies team needs time to work on the new game. Campaign team needs to work on their campaign for Treyarch's next game as well.

Also, Sledgehammer Games is producing next year's CoD so it could be two years before the next Treyarch game arrives.

Campaign team made MotD. They were the only ones in promotional videos and the Zombies team never even tweeted about it.

I'm not saying they didn't help with this map. I'm just saying that it would be a huge slap in the face to take the zombies team out of the final ZOMBIES map of BO2.

Perhaps the campaign team is updating the old maps to release? I'm not sure. Maybe there will be a 5th DLC. Not sure. But I don't see the Zombies team letting the Campaign team do the FINAL map for BO2. They are the Zombies team. It's their game, their story, and their ending.

Shangri-La was made by Jimmy's 'team' and Raven Software.

Campaign team made MotD. They were the only ones in promotional videos and the Zombies team never even tweeted about it.

Again, this is not true. Just because Jimmy isn't in the promotional video doesn't mean he or his 'team' wasn't involved. Reza Elghazi (Z producer) tweeded about Mob and there was even an interview with Jason AND Jimmy Zielinski about Zombies. Jason Blundell even said that the whole dev team (which consisted of 20+ people) went to Alcatraz. 20 people. Calling that the Campaign Team is a joke.

I'm not saying they didn't help with this map. I'm just saying that it would be a huge slap in the face to take the zombies team out of the final ZOMBIES map of BO2.

Jimmy's 'Zombies Team' hasn't and won't be taken out of any dlc map.

If this were true on MoTD, explain how Brian and Kevin's music ended up there. Don't tell me they asked Brian (audio directer) to make the MoTD score, whilst Jimmy's team was "already working ahead on Buried".

In order to avoid confusion please choose your words carefully.

"Made by the campaign team" means made by the whole campaign team. There's no evidence that apart from Jason and Cowell (sound) any SP dev even touched Mob.

"Made by the campaign team" means made by the whole campaign team. There's no evidence that apart from Jason and Cowell (sound) any SP dev even touched Mob.

There is no evidence that the SP were not involved either though. We have no credit list for each map, and I am sure Treyarch could and would outsource maps to other departments.

Even if the campaign team are involved in the making of the map or not, it will be the vision of the zombies team. They have their plan for how each map should be based on setting and story.

Whether or not they are actually involved in the production of it, it is still their project.

@Fated - As for Sledgehammer making the next CoD, I have heard this mentioned but have not seen any confirmation of this, so assumed it was still merely speculation. If this IS the case, then yeah, I suppose there is no excuse for them not working directly on the final map, unless they are working on a non-CoD related game of course.

Jimmy's 'Zombies Team' hasn't and won't be taken out of any dlc map.

If this were true on MoTD, explain how Brian and Kevin's music ended up there. Don't tell me they asked Brian (audio directer) to make the MoTD score, whilst Jimmy's team was "already working ahead on Buried".

Just thought I'd say, Brian and Kevin produce sound for every aspect of Treyarch's Call of Duty titles, not just Zombies.

There is no evidence that the SP were not involved either though. We have no credit list for each map, and I am sure Treyarch could and would outsource maps to other departments.

Even if the campaign team are involved in the making of the map or not, it will be the vision of the zombies team. They have their plan for how each map should be based on setting and story.

Whether or not they are actually involved in the production of it, it is still their project.

@Fated - As for Sledgehammer making the next CoD, I have heard this mentioned but have not seen any confirmation of this, so assumed it was still merely speculation. If this IS the case, then yeah, I suppose there is no excuse for them not working directly on the final map, unless they are working on a non-CoD related game of course.

It's a combination of SledgeHammer and IW again for the next COD.

That's not true.

Infinity Ward are working with Neversoft and Raven on Call of Duty Ghosts releasing this November.

Sledgehammer are working on a separate game, which recent leads point to being a new Modern Warfare game.

That's not true.

Infinity Ward are working with Neversoft and Raven on Call of Duty Ghosts releasing this November.

Sledgehammer are working on a separate game, which recent leads point to being a new Modern Warfare game.

Really? Well guess I was wrong then. I haven't heard anything about this Sledgehammer game from any other of the forums I go on. I personally don't like at all and will not be buying whatever they're working on.

So has this been confirmed that they will be releasing the next CoD title after Ghosts? God... surely we will not have to wait that long (2+ years) for the next zombies!?!

I think I might kill myself tonight...

So has this been confirmed that they will be releasing the next CoD title after Ghosts? God... surely we will not have to wait that long (2+ years) for the next zombies!?!

I think I might kill myself tonight...

Nothing has been confirmed yet, sledgehammers game could be anything, a remake, a downloadable title, a current gen title, the next CoD game, a game that is 2 years away. Anything at all.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, sledgehammers game could be anything, a remake, a downloadable title, a current gen title, the next CoD game, a game that is 2 years away. Anything at all.

Good to hear. I am happy to wait for another Treyarch title if it means the jump in quality will be even better than say, BO2 and Ghost (next-gen version), but I am NOT happy to wait, just so they can milk another franchise like Modern Warfare, that has seen it's best days, and should be left alone(IMO).

Good to hear. I am happy to wait for another Treyarch title if it means the jump in quality will be even better than say, BO2 and Ghost (next-gen version), but I am NOT happy to wait, just so they can milk another franchise like Modern Warfare, that has seen it's best days, and should be left alone(IMO).

Yeah no more black ops... But defiantly more zombies....

Also this IS trayarch and activision you know... Chances are its going to be the same old joke and everyone's going to laugh less.... Then again maybe we'll move into technology that allows us to shut doors after we open them.... :lol:

From what I have heard, we are going to see a trailer for dlc 4 on august 13th and the actual map pack on the 27th.

Oh good! 30 days away! And only 16 more until the info! What joy!

Well I wouldn't ge your hopes up for an exact date of anything, as none of us actually know for sure. I doubt these exact dates are right.

All you can count on for sure is that DLC4 will be dropping around the start of September. All previous DLC have followed this pattern: DLC1 release for XBOX, 1 month wait, DLC1 release for PS3, month wait, DLC2 release XBOX, and so on. It's a rough estimation, sometimes it's two months, sometimes it's two and half months. But they've always followed this pattern for DLC.

The only reason we might see DLC4 early is to avoid taking the spotlight from Ghosts. I really hope we see it released early, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it.