Treyarch take on snipers.

So it seems that Treyarch has really started to improve snipers. The top snipers being DSR w/ ironsight and SVU. They introduced Double Tap II and headshot upgrade and now money shot upgrade too. With these upgrades snipers do easily 4x damage and rack ton of points, somebody counted more than 500 points per ONE kill is possible to achieve.

No more are the snipers the worst guns in the box but one of the best!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Then they apparently nerfed the quick scope speed of the DSR in the last patch..

by .05 seconds. the difference is negligible and certainly hardly would affect zombies

I may be wrong, but I believe that only the rate of fire and raise/drop time were affected. ADS time remains unchanged.

Then they apparently nerfed the quick scope speed of the DSR in the last patch..

by .05 seconds. the difference is negligible and certainly hardly would affect zombies

Where'd you get that statistic?

Vahn's twitter acct.

now that i look it actually didn't do anything to the ADS time,just fire time and rechamber time and sprint in/sprint out time.

so if you're looking at fire time then its 2 tenths of a second difference. still very negligible

I may be wrong, but I believe that only the rate of fire and raise/drop time were affected. ADS time remains unchanged.

Is raise time not a factor in ADS?

• Administrators

The longer scoping was probably to avoid quick scoping rates. Obviously that's still going on. :lol:

Treyarch has been trying to appeal more towards it least popular weapons in Zombies. With the addition of Buried and the ability to get a PhD Flopper persistent upgrade, it's actually fun to run with an RPG or War Machine.

I never really quick scope anyway so that doesn't affect my play style. If I'm using a sniper, it's the DSR, and it's always in longated part of the map. For example, if you have one or two people on the roof of Die Rise, you can stand on the cat walk going up to the powered tower and just aim in one spot and basically play with one hand for a while lol.

Also my new favorite spot on Die Rise is under the roof, leaving two doors closed where the elevators show up and hold that back spot sort of like the old Der Riese days by the power switch.

I noticed that focus on snipers too. It's not the first time that happens. With COTD, they first wanted to get Snipers 'hot' for zombies. But it was some kind of fail. Of course the Scavenger was nice, but yay, that was it.

But I'm playing zombies for a long time now. And in my opinion, snipers are not giving me what I need for zombies. The playstyle that people do are just not requiring snipers. As simple as that.

I could imagine that snipers make sense, but whenever I go to a sniping spot, I get zedds in my ass and need to switch to my SMG or AR or Pistol. Therefore, if they wanna promote snipers, why not making "safe" sniper spots without spawn points, so you can support your team that gets all the zombies.

Running trains while using snipers is well possible, but it still isn't reaching the killspeed of other guns. And it feels weird. Sniper on close range, ugh.

Altough the SVU came out really nice, I think the path of pushing snipers 3arc uses is wrong. I'd prefer to see map layouts or such that allow you to use an undisturbed sniper usage to support your team or such. And even if that is in the game, I would not use it. I would prefer to slash the zombies close range with my Ray. So I think this whole sniper thing is not really worth the effort 3arc puts in it.