Is Buried the best map so far?

epic_oreo17

Also, it's honestly my favourite map of BO2.

I like the "Western" setting, I love underground as well, and it is fun once you start having "oh crap!" moments. I wish they had more secrets like MOTD, and maybe some radios.

The song was amazing. I hope 3arch caters to the rap fans again, however, and includes a custom Eminem song, as well as a Rock song in the next DLC. It's not the best map ever, but it is pretty fun.

Here's my BO2 Ranking:

1. Buried

2. Die Rise

3. MOTD

4. Nuketown Zombies

5. TranZit (Bus Depot was OK)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while Buried is a good map, i don't think it can be talked about as the best map. i feel it gets boring way too fast. replayability is really starting to go down with me.

i almost hate starting a new match, because you can figure the first half hour is going to be spent running around chalking weapons, opening up barriers with booze, getting perks, making buildables, etc, etc, etc.

literally 30 minutes of playtime and i have 2 kills. woohoo! and it's like this EVERY match.

also, some of the buildable are way OP. subsurface resonator. it'll last 2 rounds. then make a crawler - go get another one. you're good for another 2 rounds. and the Paralyzr/Petrifyer (while completely great)when teamed up with vulture ade just makes it way too easy.

I don't really know which of the maps I'd rank best. probably MOTD. i absolutely hated Tranzit and refuse to play it now. and I never was able to get the layout of Die Rise etched in my mind. constantly lost.

I agree with stop mocking me0 on how ironic it is that people complained about Shangri-La being too hard and now Buried being too easy. I guess everyone has their own opinion though so for now we can just laugh. :lol:

IMO, Buried isn't the best map, but it's not bad either. I agree on how the map could get repetitive, but if you think it's repetitive, I would advise for you to mix up your game some more. Like try some challenges to make it more difficult for yourself. Or just don't use the bank and fridge.

This is how I rank the Black Ops II maps:

1.Mob of the Dead (Something about this map just keeps me loving it. Also you need some serious skill for high rounds)

2.Buried (Fun map, just a little repetitive)

3.Nuketown (Very challenging map with perks and pack-a-punch being random. I like challenge)

4.Tranzit (Pretty fun with randoms, annoying because of how large it is, a pain to run around)

5.Die Rise (I don't know why, but this map just did not appeal to me, I really just don't like it)

I used to think Die Rise was better than Tranzit, but when I went back to Tranzit and Die Rise, I realized I just had more fun playing Tranzit than Die Rise.

Both Buried and Mob of the Dead were phenominal maps in their own ways. The features, the Easter Eggs, the replay value. Both maps excel in these aspects. There's some things I don't like about Mob of the Dead, and there's some thing's I don't like about Buried. They both have their pros and cons.

Mob of the Dead and Buried are by far the best BO2 maps. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing which one was better, they were both awesome in their own way.

Both Buried and Mob of the Dead were phenominal maps in their own ways. The features, the Easter Eggs, the replay value. Both maps excel in these aspects. There's some things I don't like about Mob of the Dead, and there's some thing's I don't like about Buried. They both have their pros and cons.

Mob of the Dead and Buried are by far the best BO2 maps. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing which one was better, they were both awesome in their own way.

Exactly! :D

Exactly! :D

Agreed....

I am also ps3 player, but I've spent about 5-6 hours on an xbox playing Buried. 19 was the highest I could get mostly because I was at work, but I can say it feels a lot like older maps to me.

Everything is really accessible, if you are a box lover you don't even spend points getting to it, only one door to power. Then there are a few spots that branch out, but are still easy to get to the next area.

I watched the EE for both sides, I was happy to see the effort put into those, a good cliffhanger for the final DLC. It is an all around well made map to me.

I just had to remember that if I didn't want Big Guy in my horde of zombies I had to stop picking up candy/alcohol. He is really useful until you don't need him and he is following you everywhere :roll:

Very easy, but lots of options on how to pay it. Less forcibly structured than motd.

I have loved the bo2 maps so far. Each one seems easier than the last, for good or ill. And here i thought Tranzit was easy...well, to be fair, die rise was actually probably the easiest.

I liked bo zombies, but i like bo2 more. Every map in bo had the same guns. In bo2 we see some variety, we get the bank and even though zombies are still glitchy, nothing in bo2 is as bad as Moon was.

Moon sucked; extremely easy with terrible buggy gameplay. No replay value at all. Nothing in bo2 comes close to being that bad.

Edit: the easiest map ever was waw's Shi No Numa. This was the only reprint in bo1 worth playing, because it was actually much harder than the original. The reprints generally sucked.

Very easy, but lots of options on how to pay it. Less forcibly structured than motd.

Ok I can see that

I have loved the bo2 maps so far. Each one seems easier than the last, for good or ill. And here i thought Tranzit was easy...well, to be fair, die rise was actually probably the easiest.

Hm hmmm... Starting with nuketown they have decreased in difficulty...

I liked bo zombies, but i like bo2 more. Every map in bo had the same guns. In bo2 we see some variety, we get the bank and even though zombies are still glitchy, nothing in bo2 is as bad as Moon was.

Wait what?

Moon sucked; extremely easy with terrible buggy gameplay. No replay value at all. Nothing in bo2 comes close to being that bad.

Nope, no, no, not, Nein, no, HELL NO, no nope nah, no... Moon was FANTASTIC! low Grav., wave gun, hacker, excavator, Easter egg, no-mans land, gersh devices, NOTHING in that map disappointed me, and different weapons don't make the game... The weapon selection in black ops was higher then that of BO2 in each map... Yes there are different guns but they arnt avaible to you in BO2 at one time, asside from the WWs and special things, all the same weapons were avaible in BO1 and a MUCH larger selection of them...

Edit: the easiest map ever was waw's Shi No Numa. This was the only reprint in bo1 worth playing, because it was actually much harder than the original. The reprints generally sucked.

I found them to be quite Nestalgic and fun... Would you rather them have given us four new multiplayer maps nobody will give two spits about when MW3 came out?

Nope, no, no, not, Nein, no, HELL NO, no nope nah, no... Moon was FANTASTIC! low Grav., wave gun, hacker, excavator, Easter egg, no-mans land, gersh devices, NOTHING in that map disappointed me, and different weapons don't make the game... The weapon selection in black ops was higher then that of BO2 in each map... Yes there are different guns but they arnt avaible to you in BO2 at one time, asside from the WWs and special things, all the same weapons were avaible in BO1 and a MUCH larger selection of them...

I agree. Moon has more longevity and replay value that ANY map so far, and was actually really fun to play also.

Personally, I hate Buried. I think it is the poorest map (maybe tied with NTZ) on BO2 yet. The setup is boring, the map is uninspiring, and the EE & end-game have become a major letdown (for me at least). You get a reward (permanent perks) which is devalued by an in-game feature (persistant tombstone), and then the 'end-game' reward is 4 guns and permanent fire sale (pointless!) or well... nothing really for Maxis. A Max Ammo every now and again from a Blue eyed zombie!?

Whole thing has been a letdown for me, and for the 'end-game' reward to be something we can only get on the map Buried is even more of a disappointment for me. :(

I'm starting to feel pretty bad about myself guys... Everyone's saying that Buried is much easier than Mob, but I got to 69 on Mob (suicide) and I can't break 50 on Buried...

I can't lie, I find Buried hard to train on. I know we've been spoiled lately with gratuitously large training spots, but come on, Shang was easier to train on than this! (debatable but still)

That being said, I like the challenge. Overall I do think this is my favorite Black Ops 2 map. Kinda sucks that no one seems to agree, but hey, I've also met very few people whose favorite map is Shangri-La, so I guess I'm kinda used to being the odd man out ;)

Pretty damn easy, I went to 33 on my first real sit down with the game, no distractions or people around so I got to really try to play. 33 rounds is low, but for a first try, with no quick revive I felt it wasn't a bad first run.

I just stood in the Jugg hallway with a headchopper and put the AN on the wall next to the hallways and basically just stood there with the overkill upgrade and just dominated. I too am finding it hard to train as of now, so I just play it like Die Rise until I learn it a little better.

I have to agree with everyone saying that the map is too easy. I consider myself a very good zombie player, but even so, I shouldn't be able to get to round 35 on my THIRD attempt (suicided because I had to leave). The problem isn't even the bank, it's a massive tie between Vulture-ade green stink mist and the Paralyzer. My god can you say ultimate camper class? Not that camping isn't an acceptable strategy in zombies, but using these weapons, I feel like some of the glitchers from world at war who got into barrier-glitches with the flamethrower.

And to add to this ridiculous ammo/camping strategy, I get a time bomb? So if I go down and lose all of my perks all I have to do is go back in time to the last time a I got a max ammo? good god you end up with full ammo and all of your perks back, and usually it was only a round or 2 back.

TL;DR

This map is stupid easy.

You guys make me feel bad sometimes.

I guess I suck at zombies, you guys say a 3 year old can get to round 45, I can't. Thanks a lot. :lol: My highest round ever is 38 on Die Rise, so I'll just go cry now. :D

Also, I absolutely hate Mob of the Dead. It's annoying, and Brutus is annoying as hell, I don't like to deal with all that stuff. I prefer simpler maps.

Die Rise > TranZit > Buried > Nuketown > Mob

You and I love Die Rise. And we both hate Mob of the Dead. I like you.

• Administrators

Buried is easy for all the right reason. No more training large circles, yet holding out in certain areas makes the job 20x easier. The weapons are destined to take you through the high rounds. Vulture-Aid ensures that you keep going even when you think you have nothing left to kill with. Buildables all activated at the same time equals monumental fun.

Sure, it's so easy that you might as well crown it the easiest thing since Ascension. But let's face it - there are more technical ways you can hit the high rounds that doesn't involve running around like a headless chicken.

(Also, I'mma let you finish but Moon was and still is the best map of all time.)