Is Buried the best map so far?

epic_oreo17

From what I hear, Buried is very good and has received a lot of positive feedback. While the map Mob of the Dead also received positive feedback, I wanna know, is Buried the best map so far on Black Ops 2 Zombies? Also, is it one of the best zombies maps ever? I can't say much about this map because while I have seen a lot of footage of it, I have not experienced it since I am a PS3 user. So guys, please, tell em your opinions.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buried is by far the greatest map we've had with the main characters... And compleated just about even with MOTD,..

Mob of the dead was a great and is Deffinatly one of the top 5 best maps...

But let's be honest these maps ain't got nothin on Moon, Cotd, Shangri-la, or even five....

Waw maps: A

Bo1maps: A+!

Nuketown: A

Tranzit: C

Town: B

Farm B-

Bus depot: B

Die rise: B

turned diner: C+

MOTD: A

Cell block greif: A

Buried: A

Burough: A-

Definitely not the "best." It's good, but it's very easy and gets redundant. Simple Jack is a nice addon but playing a 4 player public match is impossible since everybody always shoots him. Mob of the Dead in my opinion is one of the best zombie maps ever and certainly the best map (so far) in Black Ops 2.

Definitely not the "best." It's good, but it's very easy and gets redundant. Simple Jack is a nice addon but playing a 4 player public match is impossible since everybody always shoots him. Mob of the Dead in my opinion is one of the best zombie maps ever and certainly the best map (so far) in Black Ops 2.

I agree with JMDogg here. It seems like a lot of people just have "new-stalgia" goggles on. It's new, so therefore, it's better than the last map.

Objectively, MotD has been the best map so far, at least to me. It had more to do in it, and wasn't as super easy as Buried is. Buried is fun, yes, but it's certainly not the best.

Really? Because I REALLY like the huckleberry, the time bomb, the paralizer, and even 90% of the Easter egg I love, and if you can, guess what part I hate.... Mob of the dead's Easter egg was a bit easy IMO... The only thing you actually HAD to do was type in the numbers.... Then the map ended.... A GRAND ending, but it ended none the less.... Getting to the bridge was fun the first time but afterwards it became child's play...

Also burried has top-hat zombies which I love.... If I have the choice mid round to kill a top hat zombie or run arround him.... I run arround him.... Love my Layton zombies....

Objectively, MotD has been the best map so far, at least to me. It had more to do in it, and wasn't as super easy as Buried is. Buried is fun, yes, but it's certainly not the best.

Not to mention the characters interact much more with eachother and the map in MoTD.

Buried reminds me of Ascension; really really easy and gets boring way too quickly.

But in Buried's defense, haven't played it with others yet. (not sure if I want to with reports of trolling randoms shooting leroy/bigguy/macklemore/annoying ai the first second he gets out of his cage)

No it isn't.

In my own opinion, Mob of the Dead is the best map in Black Ops 2.

1st, I liked the way in MOTD the game started off [if you had 4 players] with the M4 talking about what's happening. Or the character mourning the others if your on solo and when you arrived on the Golden Gate Bridge. In Buried the characters don't communicate as much. Plus I hate the way the N4 have the same repetitive quotes every single game. [That's more than a hole in the ground, that's the rift.]

Leroy's moaning annoys me too.

2nd I think Buried is easier than MOTD. I have no idea why but I've managed to last longer on Buried than I have on MOTD. Probably because on Buried you can be all set up by the end of Round 1.

3rd, I think the story is a lot better on MOTD. The twist in the EE made it so much better. Plus not to mention the EE on MOTD didn't involve some stupid & useless Sharpshooter step.

4th, Brutus is a lot harder to kill than the ghosts. When MOTD first came out, we all died on Round 3 because we didn't know how to kill him. On Buried all we did was lose 1000 points.... and not get downed.

Buried is an OK map but I think it gets boring quicker than MOTD.

One thing I DIDN'T like about MotD, and that Buried has one up on, is that it doesn't require all four players to do something, aka pack a punch. I don't want to have to wait for the other 3 to get on a plane, or teleport from the moon to earth. If I want to pack a punch, by god let me.

I think buried is about on par with mob of the dead. However buried is less "deviant" than mob of the dead. A few core elements are changed in MOTD like a power switch, afterlife, quick revive, building the plane, etc. some people don't like that kind of change, so in general they would prefer buried because its more like the other BOII maps. I would put the 2 at about equal, but I think in general the community would identify buried as the better map.

It was very fun the first few times as we were discovering things, using the WW for the first time, doing the EE... but after the first several plays, this one has lost a lot of its shine in my opinion.

Just for black ops 2, i rank them:

1)Mob of the Dead

2)Die Rise

3)Buried

4)Nuketown

so low can't rank) Tranzit

I hope that the last map or maps have some serious replayability

I've honestly already grown bored of Buried. Though it had an OK map design and such, the game really is quite repetitive. You free the guy, give him booze, buy the same perks in the same order, go through the ghost house, navigate the maze without a problem, camp in the PaP, return to processing, and camp until round 30. I could almost compare it to TranZit. To me, MotD was a better map by far.

You want my honest opinion? No.

Buried was amazing the first few days it was out. The story development, the new features, the new weapons and the map style seemed very good. Now that a few weeks have passed, I think I've reached my final perspective on the map.

Buried is very easy, boring and lacks replayability to an incredible degree. I cannot take the map seriously as far as leaderboards go either. The leaderboards, similar to Die Rise, are full of glitchers/green mist exploiters. The amount of skill needed to get high rounds on this map is laughable - a 3 year old could do it. Judging someone's skill off of Buried is almost impossible. While previous maps kept my interest for months, I am bored of this map in weeks. That being said, Buried does have some cool features I'd like to see in future maps.

Most people probably would say that Mob is BO2's best zombie map so far. I personally get frustrated or bored of that map a lot, but at least it takes skill to get far and has some depth to it.

Honestly Tranzit is my favorite map on BO2. It has by far the most replayability and playing it with randoms is fun. Nuketown is boring, in the style of Town. Die Rise is good and has modest replayability, and takes some skill if you don't glitch.

Overall, most people would probably say Mob. I like Tranzit/Die Rise though.

It's a very fun map indeed, but I wouldn't call it the "best map so far".

It's a little too "one note" for me, meaning that - basically - once you've gotten set up (all perks, all PaP'ed weapons) - it just stops becoming fun and becomes more of a grind.

MotD had dynamic changing weather, a plethora of hidden obtainables, DIFFERENT AREAS that had DIFFERENT STYLES of play, dynamic music. If Buried had half of these things it would be a better map, but unfortunately - it's really just a copy/paste of the same buildable experience we've had since TranZit (which, don't get me wrong, is an AWESOME experience - but far from the "best" experience so far).

To me, it comes off of as a highly gimmicky map. The big guy, the ghosts, it being underground, the Paralyzer, 7 perks, "promising answers", so many persistent upgrades, OP buildables. To me, this all deters from the primal experience of simply killing zombies to survive.

• Administrators

I would have to agree, the over powered paralyzer, large amount of traps, and AN/SVU combo make for almost infinite rounds. I got to a round I knew would top my friends on the leader board, and quit from sheer boredom. I like jumping on for a quick game with randoms, but even the players with the lowest skill level end up in a four hour run to round 45. Too easy.

Wow a lot of disappointment toward buried.... Sad....

I like it, and it did have music that changed in each area, like when one entered the court house or the mansion.... And when one did the maxis or richtofen easter egg...

The Maluka song was better here then the one in MOTD, despite the fact the MOTD maluka song was FANTASTIC!

The Easter egg was more challenging, and perks were actually usefull (On MOTD with deadshot, double tap, and EC, they all became useless after one had a Blundergat-ray gun set up, but given you may have used a different gun)

Vulture aid is super helpfull and FUN! Not for locating things, but finding the green stink-mist and all the little mini-drops was fun! I also like how it is needed in the Easter egg...

Also this map introduced the ability to draw weapons where YOU want them, and these are some damn good weapons too! The SVU and an-94 are the main points here...

I think what people see in buried is that they use the "easier" tactics too much, such as the bank, the weapons locker, and perma-perks.... These arnt available in MOTD and so people have a harder time getting what they need.... If you actually sit through all the rounds in buried it can get quite fun building points...

Here's a compaired list of MOTD and buried differences

Hells redeemer/retriever: time bomb

Blundergat/acid gat: Paralizer

Cage-door Sheild: Head chopper

Acid upgrade: Subs. Resonator

(I'm not going to count the buildables that arnt new in some way)

Building the Plane: Hedge maze and the haunted house....

Epic tommy gun: Epic Remington new-model army

Hold multiple parts: Hold one of each TYPE of part (slightly less OP)

Epic traps: Huckleberry's rampage

Afterlife mode: Huckleberry's charge and different uses (building things, grabbing turbines, locking the box, moving the box)

New HUD: New HUD

New characters: Older characters actually become slightly interesting...

All characters die in one of two ways: All perks, mulekick+ and permanent fire sale, or richtofen zombies

Epic new unexpected story: Fairly plain, none detailed story that, while sucking a lot, DOES get us ramped about dlc 4

Has fire sales, double points, max amos, and insta-kills: All that plus Carpenders...

Fairly highlighted easy Easter egg that took like a DAY to figure it all out: Difficult Easter egg that took about 4-5 days to figure out and even then is still SUPER hard on the last step...

Eletric cherry: Vulture aid

Guns slightly dis-priced: Guns playable everywhere with a bonus 1000 points with each placement...

Brutus(Locks down everything for 2000) : Ghosts(steals 2000)

Random drop for killing Brutus: Free perk for killing the ghost when the light is on

Awsome Golden spork (op as HECK!) : Funny little piano-dart board Easter egg...

Makes perfect sense why these people are in Alcatraz and their predicument: No idea why they're in a little underground town near a massive lava pit....

No connection to other maps: Final peice of the other maps's Easter eggs...

No bank, fridge or Perma perks (good): Fridge, bank, and perma perks(meh...)

And that's all I have the energy (and time) to list... Hope you enjoyed!

You guys make me feel bad sometimes.

I guess I suck at zombies, you guys say a 3 year old can get to round 45, I can't. Thanks a lot. :lol: My highest round ever is 38 on Die Rise, so I'll just go cry now. :D

Also, I absolutely hate Mob of the Dead. It's annoying, and Brutus is annoying as hell, I don't like to deal with all that stuff. I prefer simpler maps.

Die Rise > TranZit > Buried > Nuketown > Mob

Wow... really? I respect your opinion but... Tranzit?... That map is just... horrible... ALso don't feel bad... My highest round on BO2 is only 40-ish on MOTD... Not too much better then your 38-ish.... In fact many people can't get to round 13 in zombies... Believe me... I have to do easter eggs with them.... :roll:

Well, I can't speak for others - but I'd just like to say I'm not disappointed at all. Quite the opposite. But that doesn't mean that I can't compare. I don't think it's "sad" to simply state the reasons why you think a map isn't "the best map so far".

Your comparison list is awesome BTW. When you stack em together like you did, it really makes a case.

I wouldn't say its the best map.. but lets look at something. Look at the amount of threads on motd, then look at buried. TONS more. MOTD surpassed die rise in like the fist two weeks (numbers may be off a little there). Yea the site was down a little, but I still think motd was better than buried. My favorite map so far though remains Die Rise. I didn't play that map for pretty much the first month and a half of motd, but I am coming back to that map already and its been what 3 weeks?

Has fire sales, double points, max amos, and insta-kills: All that plus Carpenders...

That made me lol... :D

It is....meh. Starting out is a pain (If you do EVERYTHING on round 1) and after that I am all set up. Running around is not a problem. WEapons are abundant. I can train and camp as I please. What REALLY makes it meh is because of these:

Persistent Tombstone: Makes almost no danger when I go down because I don't lose my perks.

Paralyzer: Unlimited ammo. Period.

All seven perks by round 1: Need I say more?

Bank: Well its useful but makes everything WAYYY to easy.

Weapon Locker: See bank.

All these things make it MY "Ascension". Very easy, High rounds, boost stats. But as far as best map? Nah.

Mob of the Dead still has my heart.

Also burried has top-hat zombies which I love.... If I have the choice mid round to kill a top hat zombie or run arround him.... I run arround him.... Love my Layton zombies....

Yeah the hats are a fun little addition. My friend doesn't like it though cause he says that realistically the hats should've just fallen off the zombies. I'm like dude, you're playing a game with fucking ray guns and magic sodas you dolt.

OT: I hate all of the B02 maps cause none of them have the 04. My friends and I really only kept playing waw and b01 zombies cause of the funny quotes. No funny, charming characters=no replay value in our opinion.

Well, I can't speak for others - but I'd just like to say I'm not disappointed at all. Quite the opposite. But that doesn't mean that I can't compare. I don't think it's "sad" to simply state the reasons why you think a map isn't "the best map so far".

Your comparison list is awesome BTW. When you stack em together like you did, it really makes a case.

Thank you! And when i say sad i meant I'm sad as in i thought everyone would love buried more then MOTD because it was in fact a later map and i thought this means it would be better.... But then i look back at shangri la and i think.... If moon was the best map (IMO) of black ops 1... ANd Black ops 2 is almost a MIRROR image of black ops 1 then.... YAY!

Also i find it unbelievably ironic everyone is complaining that Buried is too easy, yet last year everyone complained about Shangri-la being too hard... Which neither is.... Shangri la was plenty of fun once you knew it and easy to survive, and Buried is fun as long as you don't use the bank or Weapons locker to get everything by round 1.....

Not to mention the characters interact much more with eachother and the map in MoTD.

Buried reminds me of Ascension; really really easy and gets boring way too quickly.

But in Buried's defense, haven't played it with others yet. (not sure if I want to with reports of trolling randoms shooting leroy/bigguy/macklemore/annoying ai the first second he gets out of his cage)

You, you used my nickname. Thank you ;)