Mob's Not Gonna Be Forgotten

Whatever the next map is, it HAS to have some connection to Mob Of The Dead. Even CotD in Black Ops was related to the storyline somehow. I think that in the last map, at the end of the Easter Egg in DLC 4's last map, I feel that Satan/The Devil from MotD will take control of the zombies after Richoften/Maxis have grown to overpowered and evil from the aether. Repenting for their sins. And that Satan could do what Ricthofen did and put the Mob's souls into random zombies, hearing quotes from them. And in IF and I mean IF there is zombies in the next Treyarch game, that it could be about everyone fighting against Satan.

A really creepy thought though is that since Sam's so manipulative as a little girl, that the Devil could take control of the Sam. What are your guy's thoughts?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.... Remeber, the Assension Easter egg had nothing to do with the moon easter egg, and so, it's possible that this Easter egg has nothing to do with the next map at all....

But I like the idea of the "ultimate evil" taking over, that seems like a good turn, and may even force richtofen and maxis to team up.... And I get one step closer to hearing skillet's "hero" duo sung by ax7 and Sigman in an epic display of samanthia and richtofen killing zombies...

But I feel the actual mobster's story is done... Just like the COTD crew's story was finished after their map...

Oh! Maybe you can play as a Dead ops arcade 2 version of the MOTD crew! Or even the tranzit crew! That would be sweet!

Where if you did the good ending you play as the MOTD crew, but the bad ending will leave you to play as another group of people.... Possibly just random soldiers....

Well.... Remeber, the Assension Easter egg had nothing to do with the moon easter egg, and so, it's possible that this Easter egg has nothing to do with the next map at all....

But I like the idea of the "ultimate evil" taking over, that seems like a good turn, and may even force richtofen and maxis to team up.... And I get one step closer to hearing skillet's "hero" duo sung by ax7 and Sigman in an epic display of samanthia and richtofen killing zombies...

But I feel the actual mobster's story is done... Just like the COTD crew's story was finished after their map...

Oh! Maybe you can play as a Dead ops arcade 2 version of the MOTD crew! Or even the tranzit crew! That would be sweet!

Where if you did the good ending you play as the MOTD crew, but the bad ending will leave you to play as another group of people.... Possibly just random soldiers....

In Ascension you recovered the Kashmir mechanism with was used to charge the V device on Moon, so it's EE was important to the story and the Moon EE. However I do agree in that the MotD crew's story is finished It would be cool to find out what happened to Weasel after what happened in MotD but chances are that we'll never see them again.

MOTD will have nothing to do with the next map...

(my opinion)

I agree with this. There is absolutely no indication that MotD has anything directly to do with the regular storyline. Maybe there are some parallel's such as the fixing the past/breaking the cycle. It is its own individual narrative though. This last map is definitely going to contain the tranzit 4, and they in my best estimation will have to do something to prevent Maxis from destroying the earth

I think that the purpose of MOTD is to give us an example of what to do next. I think we will have to break another cycle.

Honestly I hope that the M4 are not going to come back, I think that two main crews is bad anough, let alone three and then all the grief/turned crews as well. I preferred it when it was 4 men against the world :)

I think MotD won't have a direct connection to the storyline, but perhaps a metaphorical connection. Think of it this way: The entire cycles of MotD started by Arlington making the plan and killing Fergusson. When the cycle was broken, let's say everything returned to normal. What if the entire storyline we've seen so far has been started by a single action, like Richtofen touching the MPD, or even earlier than that, like Peter being sent into Verruckt, and sense then, we've been stuck in a loop where whenever someone dies and their fate is changed by the zombies, we are reverted back to the beginning of the story. Perhaps to end the entitre zombies storyline we have to break the cycle. We need to make sure Peter never infiltrated 935, that Samantha never entered the MPD, that the Der Riese outbreak didn't occur, and the world never ended. This would give us a direct connection to the real world, where David Mason lives in 2025.

Lately, I've been thinking it was just to show who USED to be in power, if you want to call him Satan, then that's fine.

When Samantha entered the aether she took his power and could act "through" him in a manner of speaking. That's just from what I've read and it made the most sense to me, MMX zombie trilogy has all of that in there go check it out :)

While its heavily implied that Satan is in control in MotD it's very carefully never stated that that is who it is. For all intents and purposes it's totally satan, but for international / religious purposes (diverse beliefs amongst the players) they will never actually present the ultimate evil as satan they could simply call it the ultimate evil, but i feel there's a more treyarch-y available. If the omnipotent force in MotD returns in a big way it will likely be explained towards a more sci-fi route than a religious one. You know, the classic explanations, like Vril-ya and aliens and such. :mrgreen:

This is going to sound a bit far, but has no one considered the "wounded" tear on Buried's loading screen to be an effect from MOTD?

You mean like somehow the breaking of the cycle somehow fixed the page? Never thought about it.

Interesting...

Maybe with the Weasel breaking the cycle, he was able to do something during his lifetime to ultimately change the events that were supposed to happen in Buried before. Like maybe choosing which side would have won, Richtofen or Maxis. Making only one ending the real and proper ending to Buried.

Now THIS is way out there, though.

This is going to sound a bit far, but has no one considered the "wounded" tear on Buried's loading screen to be an effect from MOTD?

You mean like somehow the breaking of the cycle somehow fixed the page? Never thought about it.

Interesting...

Maybe with the Weasel breaking the cycle, he was able to do something during his lifetime to ultimately change the events that were supposed to happen in Buried before. Like maybe choosing which side would have won, Richtofen or Maxis. Making only one ending the real and proper ending to Buried.

Now THIS is way out there, though.

I don't think you're too far off from a very plausible theory, Nightmare. If anything, I hope that that would be the explanation on how Weasel and his experiences effected things at large.