The story of buried... Possibly....

Many people have tried to discover the buried storyline and not many explanations can be drawn.... This is a storyline of what I believe is going on in this small town of "pithos" (also a inferred name...)

The Box:

In the town there is a box, no one knows how or why, but this box USED to contain the demons and evil of the world... And now its being used to side with maxis or Richtofen... Both of which when the box is used... Destroys all "hope" for the future of the earth....

This is a sign that the box is actually pandora's box.... And the town is named (by me) pithos for another word for "container" which is what was pandora's box may have actually been...

The box in real greek mythology was actually a jar, which may explain the Lamp....

How the town got here:

So lets begin: This is a mix between the greek mythology and the vrill beliefs found around MOON...

In the beginning the vrill came and built the MPD to control the life force and aether energy, the humans were there for this, specifically the early greeks. Some of them found the vrill who displayed mastery of lightning, so the greeks assumed he was zeus...

Then the vrill presented a woman, pandora with a box, this box was FILLED with aether energy, collected energy from the moon's MPD. Pandora, despite the request from the vrill, opened the box and released a HUGE amount of the energy around her and those around her...

Now if anyone remembers Captain Jack Harkness from Dr. Who, he absorbed a large amount of time energy and became impervious to death, well, similar effects happened to the city...

Getting the main focused blast, pandora became immortal and gained the ability to keep her soul alive after death. Others, such as one citizen, became infused with the energy which caused him large bodily changes turning him into a giant... (huckleberry)

The rest of the town either perished or gained no super natural powers other then simi-imortality.. They would never age, but they could be killed...

Over time they were forced out of Greece by the romans and made their way to Africa, where they built a city, this city lasted as a perfectly disguised victorian city until the end o the victorian era, where there was an event... This event tore a MASSIVE hole in the earth, but aside from that it didn't do much damage, it did however burry the city underground... Where it laid preserved underground... The "broken arrow" that russman was a part of studied this crack...

Shangri-la:

Its possible the entire event was simply the movement of shangri-la into the "hallow earth". As seen in the shangri-la loading screen.... And the Eclipse mode is actually taking place in the outer world just as the event was taking place..... Brock and gary claim to have been lurking through the mountainous Himalayas, where they entered argotha and found shangri-la, but then they kept getting teleported in and out of argotha and between the rift...

The mountains of shangri la could have been destroyed during the teleporting sequence... Leaving the perfect place for a rock quarry...

Russman was here before:

Russman and co appeared in modern america, some time before the nukes but after shangri-la had disappeared... He found the buried city and met the citizens who all seemed just normal people, they then showed him the box, possibly making him ageless as well: One of his quotes says he's over 75 years old... certainly a man of THAT age can't keep up with the hordes....

Russman returned to america empty handed and was fired... Then the nukes came...

What became of the town:

The underground town was demolished and everyone in it was destroyed... Huckleberry became mute and a drunk and all kinds of other problems... And pandora, who had acquired a large fortune and a mansion over the course of her time, refused to accept death... becoming a ghost she listened to the many attempts for maxis and richtofen to power the tower... every time they failed.. Until russman came along... And actually succeeded....

The weapons origins:

The paralyzer is likely of greek design, using the greek's spiral to pull apart the very atoms in the air, and in zombies...

The time-bomb is also of their design as well, you can see the greek's golden-number-fibonachi- spiral on the bomb's box.... And works by latching onto a piece of time and then blowing it up when detonated... This is a crude explosion and while restoring most of the time stream, some things like the wisp and the doors, can NOT be reset...

The easter egg in-depth:

Moving on, the orbs: Sort of like a diminutional lock on pandora's ORIGINAL box, one can simply break the lock or open it the intended way by expanding the orb using the spiral of the paralyzer....

The original box was a jar, which now floats above as a lantern... That lantern is never opened, but can contain the demons of which pandora released: Her own immortality (richtofen) or the effects on huckleberry (maxis).... Once the lantern is placed, the wisp can be found, the wisp, as richtofen stated, is better left untold what it really is... In actuality it is likely Elpis the embodiment of hope... Which we are bringing directly to it's hanging/beheading place... once the wisp is in place the rest of the easter egg resolves more around simply supplying a link between the tower and the wisp...

At last then there's the button... the second box... The problem with opening the box in the first place was that there was no aetheric energy hold to send the energy, so it simply spread out amongst the world... With the Elpis being attached to the tower, and the tower being linked to other towers around the globe directly where the hole of argotha WAS.... Hope was drained of all it's energy and killed...

By pushing the button the world lost hope....

IMPORTANT:

Now I hope you enjoyed this, but remember: This is ALL just a POSSIBLE story to what has happened here... NONE of this is confirmed....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a good theory, but I thought the box was just a tracker for the Easter Eggs, and without this, the majority of the theory doesn't make much sense. Also, as far as I know, there is no connection to the Greeks (apart from the spiral) and the Vril (for this map).

The theory that I like the most (I can't remember who wrote it) says that the Town and Mine teleported through time with the Time Bomb and into a "hole" caused by the missiles. This is why the Mansion is jutted up against the rocks etc.

EDIT: For the poll, I don't think it it correct (but I am probably being biased), but if more proof came about, then I could definitely see this being right (with the possible "Devil" in MoTD and the possible "Pandora's Box).