Samantha's Voice

So I've been playing the hell out of Buried lately and I seem to be lucky enough to acquire the Monkey Bomb nearly every game. So, like every player, I threw it and kept playing. However, today I was paying a bit more attention and listened to the sounds it makes. When I threw it, it said "Im Mr Monkey". In Sam's voice. Why is this? I though Sam had lost all control on the zombies and anything to do with them. Isnt that why we hear Richtofen laugh at us when we get the teddy bear in the box? or we hear him announce the power-up drops?

So, why do we hear her voice? Any ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the monkeys voice. It is similar to Samantha's but its not the same. It also says stuff like "you're not Sam" and other stuff but I can't remember :) I haven't used it in ages.

Perhaps it is similar because of Sam's influence on the creation of it. And the time they spent together.

Random craziness time: The cosmic silverback has sam's soul in it and it controls the monkeys. ;)

I'm pretty sure it's considered a wonder weapon, for the fact it has 115 infused with the toy...somehow making it conscious. The only ones I can remember are "lets be friends" and "you're not Sam".

And then there's the arguable zombie quotes that still scream "Sam" sometimes, I'm sure it was just overlooked and added.

I'm pretty sure it's considered a wonder weapon, for the fact it has 115 infused with the toy...somehow making it conscious. The only ones I can remember are "lets be friends" and "you're not Sam".

And then there's the arguable zombie quotes that still scream "Sam" sometimes, I'm sure it was just overlooked and added.

I'm guessing Treyarchs explanation for the "Sam" quote is that Richtofen keeps them saying it for the same reason that he keeps the teddy in the box, either that or they have a type of flesh memory which has kept them saying Sam.

I'm not going to talk about the WWs, otherwise it will attract wrath ;) In my opinion any cool looking "Sci-Fi" weapons are WunderWeapons. But that's just my opinion

Well, as mentioned, already, it probably is the Monkey's voice and it just sound similar to Samantha's voice.

I've heard about this, but have never noticed this. When exactly do the zombies do this?