DLC 4 "mode" called Gateway? (FEAR TEDDY)

Agartha is becoming a really prominent idea for the 4th DLC, as it has been connected to the game for some time now, and maxis directly states in buried that he intends to enter Agartha. If Agartha were to be the map's location, the map likely wouldn't be solely in Agartha. Other areas would be accessible, such as the entrance (or gateway) to Agartha through which our characters enter it.

It's possible the characters spawn outside of Agartha, but the majority of the map is in Agartha. Thus the map's "mode" name could gateway. Tranzit is to green run as gateway is to Agartha.

This also fits in with the "fear teddy" anagram. The last letters of each of the map modes spell out teddy.

TranziT

Die RisE

Mob of the deaD

BurieD

GatewaY

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not just call the map "Agarthay"... and then it will work?

seriously though, I'm quite excited for this map to come out and HOPEFULLY put an end to this "FEAR TEDDY" nonsense. I really think it's just being blown of proportion, I honestly believe an anagram to be the most simple puzzle in the world - and therefore, I'd figure that 3arc would steer clear of such predictable "hidden" messages.

A good name for a map directly reveals the general setting and idea surrounding said map. (Map which takes place in a german theater, => 'kino_'. Map set underground; 'buried'. And so forth)

So if the map were to be called 'Gateway', the whole map would need to revolve around said gateway. You said it yourself: the majority of the map takes place in Agartha. So calling it Agartha would be much more likely.

Fear Tedda.

I rewatched Roflwaffles Paris Catacomb video, and he talked about a gateway to hell in the catacombs, so I think you might be on to something EJ!!

What I'm thinking, something I've mentioned before, is that they're going to do more than one new map to wrap up the current splits in the storyline and so on, so maybe one is Paris and you have to open the gateway for the EE and then the next map is Agartha itself! :o

A good name for a map directly reveals the general setting and idea surrounding said map. (Map which takes place in a german theater, => 'kino_'. Map set underground; 'buried'. And so forth)

So if the map were to be called 'Gateway', the whole map would need to revolve around said gateway. You said it yourself: the majority of the map takes place in Agartha. So calling it Agartha would be much more likely.

Fear Tedda.

The map could be called Agartha but the mode name would be Gateway. Like how tranzit is the mode and green run is the map? If the map was Agartha most of it would take place in Agartha naturally, hence why it'd be called Agartha. However it's geographic location on earth could be the mode name (gateway) as its entrance is on earth but the map itself is not.

I see what you're saying EJ. Thus far the last letter in each name of the storyline game mode spells out the word TEDD.

He's not referring to Green Run, Great Leap Forward, Alcatraz Prison, and Resolution 1295, which are the map names. Technically, Agartha could still be the map name and still fit the "Fear Teddy" anagram, so long as the name of the storyline game mode ends with a Y (like Gateway as EJ suggested).

I'm not sold on the whole "Fear Teddy" thing, but considering they spelled out FEAR with Black Op's DLCs, I wouldn't count it out as possibility. It'd be pretty lame if they did it, but it could happen.

Hrmm, I don't know. I'm still not entirely "sold" on the whole "Agartha will be the next map" idea. Not to mention the whole FEAR TEDDY concept is just silly to me. I mean, what if it does spell TEDDY? Then what? I don't understand the purpose of this absurd anagram. I kind of hope it spells something like "TEDDX" or "TEDDQ", but at the same time, I'll find it hopeless because people will still try to find some sort of hidden meaning to it.

I find it nonsense as FEAR is the first letter of the Black Ops DLC packs (not necessarily even zombie related) and then the last letter of the Black Ops 2 Zombies Storyline Gamemodes so far happens to spell TEDD. However you have to accept that T, E, and D are very common ending letters. Just in that last sentence it went "r, u, e, o, t, t, d, e, y, n, g, s," You see 2 "e"s and 2 "t"s and a "d". It could very well be a coincidence.

I think that the FEAR TEDDY theory is a bit unlikely. Although the Black Ops 1 DLC packs intentionally spelled out FEAR, I feel that it is unrelated to the Black Ops 2 maps and DLC. I think the goal of the Black Ops 1 DLC was only to spell "fear". Even though the next pack may end in y and spell "teddy", it is likely that the two words aren't connected.

I think that the FEAR TEDDY theory is a bit unlikely. Although the Black Ops 1 DLC packs intentionally spelled out FEAR, I feel that it is unrelated to the Black Ops 2 maps and DLC. I think the goal of the Black Ops 1 DLC was only to spell "fear". Even though the next pack may end in y and spell "teddy", it is likely that the two words aren't connected.

How do you know that the FEAR anagram was intentional?

Based on how each new dlc is teased in the loading screen - and how we can see Der Riese's loading screen in the top right corner of Buried's screen - I say that we are going back to where it all started.

Just like each map has a historical event name, location, and name - I.E. Resolution 1295, Primary Plates, Buried - I think DLC 4 will have in its full name somewhere either "The Factory" or just "Factory" based on Der Riese.

This also ties into FEAR TEDDY.

Thoughts?

To be honest, unless the map has been horribly been beaten into a differant layout I would feel cheated if we go to Der Riese. Unless of course they added a new map as well.

How funny it would be if the last map ended in E. because then it would still be TEDD-E , pronounced like TEDDY. I would laugh like hell.

Fear teddy then we get a second map that ends in an S....

Fear Teddy's... As there is more then one... :shock:

Muahahahahahaha hundreds of Richtofens. I would actually die from happiness :D

Decent theory, but I'm sick of hearing of FEAR TEDDY.

If DLC 4's map doesn't end with Y then I cannot wait to hear the next anagram.

haha yeah hopefully it will end with an X lol

People would think there is a huge robot teddy somewhere ;)

TEDD-X powering up....

I find it nonsense as FEAR is the first letter of the Black Ops DLC packs (not necessarily even zombie related) and then the last letter of the Black Ops 2 Zombies Storyline Gamemodes so far happens to spell TEDD. However you have to accept that T, E, and D are very common ending letters. Just in that last sentence it went "r, u, e, o, t, t, d, e, y, n, g, s," You see 2 "e"s and 2 "t"s and a "d". It could very well be a coincidence.

Exactly. Flammen, it's not silly. It's just stupid. This isn't a theory. It's just apophenia. Why would you encourage them Electric?

Look at this, when I take the first letters of the four original Power-Ups, I get:

M-ax Ammo

I-nsta-Kill

N-uke

D-ouble Points

Therefore, the next map will have a brain Power-Up.

Also, Albert Arlington's initials are AA. This means that he invented the AA battery.

(sarcasm)

Lol, people get so upset over the whole "Fear Russ"/"Fear Teddy" thing, it's hilarious.

Do I think the whole anagram thing is silly? Yes, yes I do. I think there's about a 1% chance it will actually spell Teddy. But I'm not gonna get all beat up over the fact that others believe it. No zombie flesh off my back if someone wants to think that way. I'll be honest, I've heard crazier theories before.

You can't deny the fact that BO's DLCs spelled out FEAR, and that thus far the last letter of the game modes from BO2 spell out TEDD. That alone shows there's a possibility they're spelling out TEDDY, as lame as that would be

How do you know that the FEAR anagram was intentional?

I seriously doubt that the FEAR anagram was unintentional. That would be one HELL of a giant coincidence.

Exactly. Flammen, it's not silly. It's just stupid. This isn't a theory. It's just apophenia. Why would you encourage them Electric?

Look at this, when I take the first letters of the four original Power-Ups, I get:

M-ax Ammo

I-nsta-Kill

N-uke

D-ouble Points

Also, Albert Arlington's initials are AA. This means that he invented the AA battery.

(sarcasm)

I have to agree with MMX here, sarcasm aside, this whole FEAR TEDDY nonsense is idiotic and needs to stop, and will be proved wrong once the new map comes out im sure.

M-ax Ammo

I-nsta-Kill

N-uke

D-ouble Points

(sarcasm)

FEAR MIND

I remember someone saying the N4's first letters of their names spell MARS.

Plus FEAR TEDDY has one flaw.

Nuketown.

FEAR TNEDDY/FEAR NTEDDY

Plus I've noticed something myself.

The N4 and O4. A secret anagram.

Samuel

Russman

Takeo

Tank

SRTT: Saints Row The Third

DLC 4 will feature Samuel, Russman, Takeo and Tank in Steelport. 8-)

Even though I have no opinion on this (because even if it is FEAR TEDDY I will never fear Richtofen, I will always support him and give him more power) it wouldn't surprise me that Treyarch will now do this just to laugh at all the people calling it a stupid idiotic theory. I know I will be if it turns out to be TEDDY.

And about the nuketown thing. I don't think that would count as its not In the "style" of the new maps. I don't know how but it seems old fashioned. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to release it for BO1 but then decided not too at the last minute. That would explain Marlton in the bunker and the Tranzit bus horn, because they would be like little teaser Easter eggs pointing towards the next map/game.

Even though I have no opinion on this (because even if it is FEAR TEDDY I will never fear Richtofen, I will always support him and give him more power) it wouldn't surprise me that Treyarch will now do this just to laugh at all the people calling it a stupid idiotic theory. I know I will be if it turns out to be TEDDY.

And about the nuketown thing. I don't think that would count as its not In the "style" of the new maps. I don't know how but it seems old fashioned. I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to release it for BO1 but then decided not too at the last minute. That would explain Marlton in the bunker and the Tranzit bus horn, because they would be like little teaser Easter eggs pointing towards the next map/game.

That's why it is apophenia. No matter what, people will make a pattern out of it and claim themselves successful. Treyarch could literally call the next map Bolshevik, but then people would use your kind of reasoning to say "Well that one doesn't count because it doesn't work for our agenda." I mean, wow. People complain about politicians, but regular people are no different...

That's why it is apophenia. No matter what, people will make a pattern out of it and claim themselves successful. Treyarch could literally call the next map Bolshevik, but then people would use your kind of reasoning to say "Well that one doesn't count because it doesn't work for our agenda." I mean, wow. People complain about politicians, but regular people are no different...

Hmmm I suppose I did just do that. :P