CoD:Z's Official Persistent Upgrades List!

Hello Zombie slayers old and young, new and veteran, boys and girls. I think it is time to make this list/guide on how to acquire Persistent Upgrade! So I was looking around youtube and the forums and I really never saw this. We need a list!

This will describe what each Persistent-Upgrade does, how to get it, and how to lose it. My sources are all over the place. Some are on youtube, our own members, and personal experiences.

This list is listed in a particular manner: 1. Perks 2. Power-up related 3. Weapons and Miscellaneous

So without further ado, let us start from the beginning.

WARNING: THESE ARE NOT 100% WELL DESCRIBED. I MAY LEAVE OUT A FACT. IF I DO, PLEASE TELL ME AND HELP THIS LIST!

Quick Revive Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Pick up people over and over again. Once you have picked someone up enough times, a green light will appear around your body. This can take around 10-15 revives.

What does it do?: This will pick up people at the speed of a Quick Revive. THIS CAN STACK WITH QUICK REVIVE.

How to lose: Either fail to pick someone up, go down to often, or stop picking up someone then stopping mid revive.

Tombstone Persisten Upgrade

How to obtain: Purchase 4 perks before round 4 (BANK IS HIGHLY ADVISED)

What does it do?: This allows you to go down and only lose 1 perk at a time. However, Quick revive is always first to be lost.

How to lose: constantly going down to the point of losing all perks.

Flopper Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Take a significant amount of damage by falling. This is best done without jugg to maximize damage. The Paralyzer also helps to get high into the air while being able to save you if you are falling from too high.

What does it do: This allows you to perform the long awaited "Flop" that explodes once you touch the ground. It also makes you immune to fall most fall damage and all explosive damage.

How to lose: Take lots of damage, Take damage from falls, Going down, lost every game.

Juggernog Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Play a game. Get no kills and go down 9 times. Next game it should be there.

What does it do: It allows you to take 4 hits instead of 2 before going down. IT DOES STACK ON JUGGERNAUT!

How to lose: Play a really good game until the end. Sometimes it is lost in time. Go down on or after round 14

Headshot Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Gain multiple headshots using a single bullet in one game.

What does it do: This Persistent Upgrade allows you to deal higher damage when shooting for the head. Also, a way to know if you have it is to kill a zombie and even though you only get 60 points for a body shot, the head will pop off.

How to lose: Goes away over time. Constantly get headshots to keep it, after a single wave of zombies goes by without a headshot

Stamin-up Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Run a certain distance in TranZit.

What does it do: Reports have said that it makes you run faster and dodge zombies better.

How to lose: Staying still often or not moving enough

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red Insta-kill Peristent Upgrade [/center

How to obtain]

Carpenter Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Kill a zombie in its barrier after getting carpenter but before being awarded 200 points. (ONLY THE PERSON WHO PICKED UP THE CARPENTER CAN RECIEVE THIS ONE)

What does it do?: Iron boards will replace the wooden boards, making harder for zombies to break through. This good for only 1 carpenter power-up.

How to lose: You have to kill a zombie before the 200 points again after getting another carpenter to retain it

Iron Barriers Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Board up several barriers in one round. THE POINTS MUST COUNT! Example: You cannot get this on round 1 because after 30 something points, you no longer receive points and thus the rebuild does not count.

What does it do?: Iron boards replace the wooden boards, making it harder to pry away.

How to lose: Do not rebuild a barrier for a single round.

Mystery Box Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: use the mystery box on round 1 or around there. Continually use it until a green flash appears. There are 2 variants. The "Good" Version often gives you LMGs, Wonder weapons, or special equipment. The "Bad" Version often gives you single shooters, pistols, explosives, ETC.

What does it do?: Basically can give you better or worse guns. If you get it after

How to lose: Over time, Every few games, Sometimes it carried over to a next game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double Points Pistol Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: This always happens to me in Buried but I cant quite explain it. I often get it by using the Remington New Model Army (OR COLT PISTOL WHIP. HONESTLY...). Simple get headshots with it until you see yourself getting double points per kill without using a double points.

What does it do: Doubles points gained from pistols.

How to lose: Often lost over time OR missing too many shots/headshots

Money Shot Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Shoot zombies from a far distance using a sniper. The SVU is best for this. MUST BE AIMING DOWN SIGHTS!

What does it do: Triples points from Sniper shots.

How to lose: Miss three sniper shots.

Price Cut Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Gain an X (around 3000) amount of points without buying anything during a double points.

What does it do: Everything is 1/2 off while a double points is active. Example: speed cola is 1500. Mulekick is 2000.

How to lose: This effect is lost if you do not make the X amount of points each time you get 2x. So to keep it, keep making X amount of points every X2.

Raygun Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Play on a map while you have no tally marks. Buy the Olympia. IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET IN A COOP GAME.

What does it do: Gives you the Raygun instead of an Olympia.

How to lose: get a tally mark. Lost on round 12 of the game you get this perk.

Cash Back Persistent Upgrade (NEED INFO)

How to Obtain: Keep buying perks (approximately 40-60) and going prone in front of a machine. It can be any machine. After doing this several times, you should receive a green light after the last time and you will receive X amount of points for getting a perk

What does it do: Each time you buy a perk, you will receive a certain amount of points back

How to lose: Lost if you do not go prone after buying a perk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel that I have ben unfair to rudely push aside certain theories that members often contribute. Some cannot prove it and thus it is not fair not to give them SOME credit. So I introduce a new section (yet again). The UNofficial Persistent Upgrades list!

The knife Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: constantly knifing zombies on earlier rounds.

What does it do?: Unknown; however, reports have said faster knifing, more powerful, slower zombie spawn

How to lose: Unknown

The high round Persistent Upgrade

How to obtain: Getting through rounds to higher ones.

What does it do: Unknown; reports say that it causes more drops per round (approx. 3)

How to lose: unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a list compiled by bagel_ that tells you which Persistent upgrades are available per map.

TranZit:

-QR

-Jug

-Headshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

-Sniper Mega Points

-Pistol Double Points

-Tombstone

Die Rise:

(Same as TranZit)

-QR

-Jug

-Headshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

-Sniper Mega Points

-Pistol Double Points

-Tombstone

Buried:

-QR

-Jug

-Headshot

-Red Insta

-Iron Barriers

-Carpenter Iron Barriers

-Mystery Box

-Cash Back

-Olympia Ray Gun

-Flopper

-Sniper Mega Points

-Pistol Double Points

-Half Off Double Points

-Tombstone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bagel_ was once again very kind to give us links to tutorials on how to do each Persistent Upgrade.

QR:

bmYw79lO1Y8

Tombstone:

ubKWFJmAfRU

Flopper:

lS5hwBJWRlA

Jug:

Ta7_-EWp658

Headpopper/Deadshot

ClbBw4Ru2mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbBw4Ru2mg

Red Insta Kill:

vhbeDWGb1UY

Iron Barriers:

6fPi1UEijg8

Carpenter Iron Barriers:

etMPumb6AhQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMPumb6AhQ

Mystery Box:

s87vToliJGQ

Double Points Pistols:

EtQQKlmDD3o

Money Shot:

fTENAaHkj4g

Double Points Price Cut (Or Price Cut. I think it sounds nice.):

z9VZOop5RA4

Olympia to a Ray Gun:

imF1sGcFX18

Cash Back:

eaHUSAS-kss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you feel like trying to discover some new upgrades, here are some that are still undiscovered. (list provided by Pinnaz)

Other persistent upgrades (Green flashes) I have seen & need further investigation.

EMP Granade - saw the green flash in Tranzit ages ago when another player threw an EMP. I think it occurred after 2 or 3 consecutive rounds of him putting zombies "to sleep". I have only seen & heard of this in that game. (I think I was playing with InfestLithium as well)

Frag Granade & Monkey Bomb Kills/usage - Saw this in the last few games of Buried. I've been trying to rack up my grande kills & saw the green flash after multiple Granade Kills/usage.

I also think I got the green flash after throwing a monkey bomb?

My last few games I've made round 40, 50 & 60, it's its hard to find them in theatre.

Speed Reload - have noticed this on 2 or 3 occasions. Uncertain of criteria.

Buildables - I have seen this on maybe 3 occasions. I think it occurs when all you do is collect parts & build them at the workbenches. Dont know exactly. Green flash happens after you have assembled the part. Not sure of the feature either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A word on Tombstone Persistent Upgrade:

I have been hearing MANY rumors that a way to PERMANENTLY keep this Upgrade is to finish Richtofens side of the EEs and press the button. Now, I know this maybe a lot to ask, but when someone finds the time to do the Endgame on Richtofen, please try to lose tombstone persistent upgrade and see if it is true. I would do it myself but I must go back and do all richtofen first before I can test this. Thank you to ANYONE in advance who may know more info on this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A word on Mob of the Dead

I have been hearing a lot of rumors that there are persistent upgrades here. I have not seen any proof of them and thus I cannot really add it. I NEED EVIDENCE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I MAY HAVE MISSED SOME! Please notify me here or by PM if I missed one. I want this to be as accurate as possible. This will be continuously updated as much as possible! If something new is found, I am always willing to give credit to those people. Any corrections will be seen as help and I will gladly credit.

Thanks to:

TheBSZombie

Why1sTheRumGone

birdman22

Matuzz

Shooter

bagel_

MurderMachineX

Pinnaz

JRZSlayer21

UndeadNightmare

TastyApplesauce

R102609

Please look for every post that I (AlphaOmega) make when you look at comments. I will address problems in these posts and will act as checkpoints in terms of how much info is added.

This list is ever evolving. Treyarch continues to keep us on our toes to look for more hidden things. We must use everything at our disposal. The time is coming when this is all we will have to arm ourselves. The end is near (again) and this time Earth wont just be broken. It will be gone.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carpenter Pro

How to gain it: Kill a zombie in its barrier after getting carpenter but before double points

What does it do: The next carpenter gives you steel barriers instead of wooden barriers

How to lose: You have to kill a zombie before the 200 points again after getting a carpenter to retain it( keep doing the same thing every carpenter)

Half-Off purchases

How to gain: Gain an x amount of points during double points while not spending any

Effects: During the duration of the next double points, every purchase is half off. This includes the tiniest of purchases like a gun on fire sale to the highest purchase of galva knuckles that will only cost 3k

How to lose: I always lose this after the second double points.

I can't really confirm this but I think I have another form of the teddy upgrade to the mystery box. If you get the green mist after picking up a monkey or some other tacitical grenade, you have a better chance of getting taciticals from the box. I only say this because I got it on tranzit after getting emps. I got monkeys almost every 3rd hit till I lost the persitent perk.

Also how to lose the teddy upgrade. Its after going 10 rounds with it. I think.... Every time on round 10 I get a sound saying I lost an upgrade. And I got the upgrade on round 1. But if I get the perk on round 2 or 3 I don't hear the sound till later. Im not sure but thats the only thing I can think of.

Great thread!

1 down side... I would not call the Perma perks.

They are not permanent.

You should call the Persistent perks.

The "official" name given by treyarch's patch notes :lol: is upgrade. They finally mentioned these things in the patch notes for the first time ( I think :?: ) and they refered to them as upgrades. But then again the called ************** a friendly AI.

Perma-Tombstone

How to obtain: Purchase 4 perks before round 4 (BANK IS HIGHLY ADVISED)

What does it do?: This Perma-perk allows you to go down and only lose 1 perk at a time. However, Quick revive is always first to be lost.

How to lose: (NEED INFO)

I can confirm this is NOT how you obtain this, it wasn't for me anyways.

I posted this on a thread once, but no one noticed. However, I have yet to see news of this persistent perk elsewhere, so I may as well be the discoverer :)

Anyways, I'd like to call this little one, "Backstabber".

Basically, all I know is that it is obtained on Buried, and usually by 2 times of using the melee attack in a row. I only noticed faster knifing, and a little bit of it being stronger (2-knife kills on Round 5)

I keep forgetting to do a video on it, but please, don't make one before me lol, I need the views really bad. I'll probably make it tomorrow.

MMX, perks are things you get from doing a certain thing to help you out.

That is exactly what these are.

What ever Treyarch likes to call them is what ever they like to call them...

It doesn't mean EVERYONE has to.

You are incorrect.

In Call of Duty since CoD 4 (I believe) and in Call of Duty Zombies (after Nacht der Untoten) "perks" refer to a purchasable upgrade. You do not have the opportunity to purchase any of these persistent upgrades.

Furthermore, Treyarch has refered to them in previous patch notes as "persistent upgrades". if THEM naming something doesnt matter, then neither would the names that they gave our characters, maps, perks, weapons or power ups. They deliberately named it. To call them anything other than persistent upgrades is incorrect. It isnt a capital offense, but it is wrong.

About the thread. It's good, but I swear I remember seeing a bunch of these after Buried was released, at least detailing all the new perks. A lot of the information I see in here is somewhat incomplete or incorrect. I'd recommend more research, and perhaps some play testing. It's good to get community help, but you as the thread writer have to do a lot yourself.

Dig around in the first few pages of the Buried forum and I'm sure you'll find the threads I'm referencing.

I can see this being helpful, as I don't remember if any of the existing threads contain ALL the persistent upgrades, but it needs much more verification, at least for it to be a resource I would use.

Thanks for putting in the time to write this, I'm sure it will help some people, and I look forward to seeing this thread expand and improve.

Okay I added some more "Upgrades".

Now I'll address some things.

1. Yes. Treyarch has officially released these as UPGRADES. But, for the sake of popular media, I will call it "perma" or "persistent". However, I thank everyone who pointed it out for the correction.

2. I am working around the clock (and in between games... who needs sleep?) to get as much info as possible. But thank you afro. I will definitely do more in-depth research as I did start the thread and I want to make it good.

3. Speedo. I have encountered that before but unfortunately I do not believe it is a "confirmed" upgrade. Also, I did not REALLY see a change in gameplay from getting it. So for now I will not include it but should you discover it, I will be more than willing to send some viewers your way :D

Okay. Last thing. I believe that treyarch may either be trolling us or are helping us. Sometimes I get a drop and a green light appears. After that, I get more max ammos, insta-kills, and nukes. I CANNOT PROVE THIS. However, if anyone else is willing to look more into it, send me a PM for the details.

Keep up the great work and lets get slayin'!

You got something wrong with perma-jugg.

From my personal expierences:

It is obtained by dying on Round 1, 3 times in a row.

Now for me it allows me to take 4 hits without getting downed. Also for me it is stacked with normal Jugg so I can take around 4-6 hits to go down.

I always lose it at the start of Round 15. Regardless of what happens.

1. Yes. Treyarch has officially released these as UPGRADES. But, for the sake of popular media, I will call it "perma" or "persistent". However, I thank everyone who pointed it out for the correction.

They called them Persistent Upgrades.

To use any other name just spreads ignorance. I mean, it's just bandwagon. Some youtube user goes "hey, I'll call it this!" and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Calling it what is popular should not be a priority over what is correct.

It wouldn't bug me so much except for the fact that call this "CoDz's Confirmed Perma-Perk List". Your title acts as a representative of what this site believes. And you are choosing to represent this site as being ignorant.

I've changed the title from "perma-perks" to "persistent upgrades". If it's going to be official, then it HAS to have the official 3arc-given name. Anything else would be false advertising on CoD:Z's end. :mrgreen:

Ahem... back to topic, AlphaOmega - thank you for compiling these together! We needed a resource that has them all in one, and this suits it quite nice. I assume you'll be planning on updating it with any DLC 4 PU's as well?

the headshot/deadshot one does not look correct.

it is gained by getting collateral headshots with one bullet. lost i believe by an entire wave of zombies (24) going by with no headshots. and it does not auto aim at all. it is not like the deadshot daiquiri perk, what it does is increases the headshot damage multiplier resulting in more powerful headshots

You are missing Cash back and Olympia ray gun. And as birdman said, you get headshot upgrade by making a double headshot and lose it when you kill too many zombies without headshots. Also it does not give any sort of aim assist what it does is it will increase damage inflicted to the head. Its the most useful persistent upgrade out there.

You are missing Cash back and Olympia ray gun. And as birdman said, you get headshot upgrade by making a double headshot and lose it when you kill too many zombies without headshots. Also it does not give any sort of aim assist what it does is it will increase damage inflicted to the head. Its the most useful persistent upgrade out there.

+1. It's not an auto aim for headshots feature, but more of a damage multiplier. If it was aim assist, I would hate that upgrade lol.

Does anyone know if there are multiple tiers to the upgrades? The Headshot upgrade in particular. Diring the last few solo games on Buried, I've noticed the green flash from headshots going off 4 or 5 times during the game. I literally go only for headshots after round 5 (usually end up with around 80-90% at the end of the game), so I don't think it was just me losing and acquiring over and over again.

Also, it seemed like after the flash went off, the damage multiplier from headshots would increase each time. Does anyone know if there are multiple tiers for the Headshot persistant upgrade?

Tom852 proved back in the day that the headshot multiplier is doubled (x2). So, with that and Double-Tap, your bullets are x4.

I totally forgot cash back... thanks for whoever mentioned it above. but so far here are all of the upgrades

btw these are going to be very loose names

carpenter

steel bariers

double points (Half off)

sniper

pistol

jug

insta kill

phd

deadshot

whos who/tombstone

ray gun/olympia

mystery box

off the top of my head I can't think of anymore

Tom852 proved back in the day that the headshot multiplier is doubled (x2). So, with that and Double-Tap, your bullets are x4.

yeah this is definitely the most useful, honestly the only one i really enjoy getting (besides flopper now since its so damn fun) but the headshot has allowed us to be able to use bullet weapons effectively much further into the game which makes it more fun imo