Keep any Drop until you need it

yourmapper

ActionPacked discovered this. It looks like a feature, another of the many 'Leroy' powers, but it might be a bug.

Here's how. If you get any drop from a zombie, you give Leroy candy to make him change it. As he's changing it, shoot him and send him back to his cage. The drop stays as it was. It will stay there forever, even between rounds, as long as you don't touch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEu1E6jGG1g

So you can save multiple max ammos in early rounds to use in later rounds when you need them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea ElectricJesus, I don't think you can do this with randoms!

I'm not sure it's a glitch. If so I think they would have patched it in the massive Buried patch today: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598236

They didn't patch some other things that I would consider a glitch. Like doubling your bank money all the way to the bank max in one round with just the Time Bomb and Galvanuckles.

BSZombie, I usually don't carry the candy, but train near the shop, so if there is a drop I just run and pick up the candy and give it to him (might have to knife him to get him to get over there faster). Otherwise you are right, he's in your face and you shoot him!

So is the unlimited booze a glitch or an Easter egg?

I almost posted it, the forums locked up and now it is gone. I figured it just failed to actually post so i was going to post again, but didn't want to seem to be posting glitches.

Yea ElectricJesus, I don't think you can do this with randoms!

I'm not sure it's a glitch. If so I think they would have patched it in the massive Buried patch today: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413598236

They didn't patch some other things that I would consider a glitch. Like doubling your bank money all the way to the bank max in one round with just the Time Bomb and Galvanuckles.

They didn't patch it because the update was already finished days- if not a week or two ago and from that moment on they awaited approval from Microsoft to actually bring the update out. During that period they can't just go back and add more to said update.

What's the unlimited booze? Buying it for 1000 as much as you want? ;)

ZombieGK, I know the patch was submitted a while ago, but given the quantity of things they fixed with it, and that I'm sure they know about this, it seems like they would have patched it too. Surely ActionPackeddd's video is not the first record of it.

It's not overpowered anyway. You have to avoid a drop for lots of rounds if you want to use it, and work with your teammates. And considering you can get a max ammo with the bank drop and the big guy, it's not that helpful.

It does seem glitchy since the giant just runs away and it stays. Maybe was an unintended side effect of the map, and they just decided to leave it, like how you can max out your bank account in one round. It's like he fixes the drop in place with candy, just like he fixes the box in place with candy.

I guess we'll see if they remove it with the next patch or not.

What's the unlimited booze? Buying it for 1000 as much as you want? ;)

ZombieGK, I know the patch was submitted a while ago, but given the quantity of things they fixed with it, and that I'm sure they know about this, it seems like they would have patched it too. Surely ActionPackeddd's video is not the first record of it.

It's not overpowered anyway. You have to avoid a drop for lots of rounds if you want to use it, and work with your teammates. And considering you can get a max ammo with the bank drop and the big guy, it's not that helpful.

It does seem glitchy since the giant just runs away and it stays. Maybe was an unintended side effect of the map, and they just decided to leave it, like how you can max out your bank account in one round. It's like he fixes the drop in place with candy, just like he fixes the box in place with candy.

I guess we'll see if they remove it with the next patch or not.

Just because they didn't fix it doesn't mean it is supposed to be there. Sometimes they just don't have time, or they haven't worked it out yet, or it has unintended side-effects, or a million other reasons. There will always be glitches.

I swear I learn something new every day about Persistant Perks or Buried from you guys. There's just SO many different little features they've added.

As far as it being a glitch, it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. Yeah, it's a bug. And yes, Treyarch should fix it. But it's not as bad as most glitches, like a barrier glitch or something that's blatantly cheating. Honestly, it seems like more work than it's worth to perform this trick properly anyway, but hey that's just me.

Sounds glitchy to me, but not the most game changing glitch. I'd be absolutely ok with others using this, maybe even try it myself.

It looks like a lot of work to store some powerups. And as far I can tell it doesn't look like it's worth it. Some Ammos and Nukes or something are nice, but with everything you got (infinite crawler time for rerolling a gun, fridge ...) I don't think you really need it. Especially cause rerolling or something sounds going faster than preparing 20 powerups.

And not to forget the 'no free entities' ;)

I find it easier to do this:

Have two Guys in the candy store ready to buy candy and one guy in the bank with galvas and the current candy, the last guy is left running the zombie, have the hillbilly in the bank (with one guy in the bank with candy) and use the point sharing system via galvas... Then use the current candy on the drop and wait for it to change, once it's ready have ONE guy in the store buy candy and return if it's NOT the drop you want(say you want a max amo)... Then just have the guy with the NEW candy come in feed the candy to Leroy and run back to the store, until you get the max amo you want, given one DOES have to keep track with the amount of candy they buy, but essentially this is a way to get a max amo every round....

Just make sure you balance out who has candy and who's running back to buy more, you don't want the drop to disappear before the hillbilly can change it...

This would be SUPER helpfull towards the whole "round infinity" step for richtofen...

You can also store up the Max Ammos to get even more than 2 free perks from a witch round.

1. Save a Max Ammo

2. On Witch Round, enter Mansion.

3. Kill all but last witch.

4. Place Time Bomb.

5. Kill last witch.

6. Use Time Bomb.

7. Pick up free perk.

8. Pick up stored Max Ammo.

9. Place another Time Bomb.

10. Kill last witch again.

11. Use Time Bomb again.

12. Pick up free perk again.

13. Kill last witch again.

14. Pick up last free perk.

Repeat steps 8 - 12 for as many Max Ammos you've stored, for up to 7 free perks from 1 Witch Round.

Hmm, I'm wondering if you could also store the Free Perk bottles themselves. So that you can literally grab another free perk whenever you want, for if you go down. Now that sounds overpowered! Imagine being on, say, Round 40 and having like 10 Max Ammos and 10 Free Perk bottles just lying around!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now thinking this is included on purpose, and not a glitch at all.

I was playing Buried with Marlton today and picked up a nuke. He said:

"Perhaps we can find a way to trigger such blasts at a time of our own choosing?"

Here is the quote audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flwo72aVRsE&t=1345

The only way to do this is to have the giant start to change it then shoot him! Nice Treyarch!

• 2 weeks later...