The UNanswered Questions of BO2 Zombies

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to argue pointless crap, go do it in another thread or a pm. I'm not making this one go any further off-topic. I answered the so-called "unanswered" question. I'm done here.

Haha, our conversation was anything but off-topic, look at the thread's name again.

You didn't answer questions, you've stated your arguments and I countered them with mine, then I asked you some questions and you didn't answer them. I've stated valid points as to why I believe these groanings sounds are not originating from the Jumping Jacks, all you've done is answer my questions with a set of unrelated barely serious bs questions.

You're done here because that was the only argument you had, the groaning and the JJ are exclusive to Die Rise = Groaning originating from JJ.

Without further evidence or "data" I call this pure coincidence.

- H

"I'm done here" - continues posting.

Lovely.

Since this convo is clearly over, back to the thread.

What happend to the 04, nobody knows. Perhaps we'll get an answer once dlc4 comes around (since everyone's saying the 04 will return) if they do, we'll most likely get an answer. If they don't, we'll probably not.

• Administrators

Very nice thread. Great pictures and summaries.

I still want to know whether Richtofen's ending on Buried is cannonical, or Maxis'.

Consider them both cannon, since you technically are faced with two roads. One of them being Maxis in power and now he will search for Samantha, the other Richtofen taking full control and being able to practically manipulate anything he chooses to.

If you are thinking about which one will we see more of an effect on in the next map, I wouldn't stray to one side too heavily. We get the O[4] next (supposedly) and will encounter the Samantha/Richtofen combo again. This answers the question of where she and the others are. Should the ending of Buried really impact what happens next, I would say that Maxis is the likely side to remain truly cannon in regards to the Side Missions.

I've never seen the drawing from Tranzit with the hammer. Thanks for that. And i didnt read the whole thread, but the hammer is hitting 'someone' who looks like a hobo.

And I think its futile to try and connect EVERYTHING in Treyarch Zombies. They obviously make it up as they go along, purposely throwing us off by adding meaningless stuff, alongside very meaningful story pieces.

I assume most of it is just design choices and game mechanics that make it more fun, not because 'Jojo is in control of this or that, or the timeline doesn't fit!! ' ...

Why does Russman trek through a flooded city with only one rain boot? :lol:

I would still like to know about the swirly energy on Tranzit, it bothers me that it's been this long and we can't figure out why the box, and sometimes street lights in town, have the energy emitting? Makes me want to get the box upgrade, try to get a swirly box at the same time, then play around with storing it in the fridge and taking it out on other maps.

Why don't people read the whole thread??? This was my post which is the last post in that thread.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=31250#p320427

Cartoon Comic

People Burning Flag

SHAHRANGA

NAWA-I-WAQT Newspaper

These are the 4 images that appear on the power pole

==============================

SHAHRANGA

Art by - Shahram Entekhabi

http://www.entekhabi.org/htm/lollywood.html

Lollywood is a series of oil paintings on canvas that are refering to various film posters of Lollywood productions. The word "Lollywood" refers to the Pakistani film industry, based in the city of Lahore. The name is a conflation of Lahore and Hollywood.The male hero of these action films is replaced by Shahram Entekhabi´s face - adding another aspect to his multiple identities in migratory context. The series of paintings is done in collaboration with painters of film posters for movie theatres in Lahore, Pakistan.

NAWA-I-WAQT Newspaper

http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/

The man in the picture on the newspaper is Khalid Baig who writes a blog , Truth by Kbaig for the nawaiwaqt newspaper.

http://www.truthbykbaig.com/?m=0

Truth about terrorism, Pakistan, India, China, Afghanistan, Muslims, human rights in India, Strategic situation, Trade routes, Gawadar, American weapons and India. Posts published in Nawa-i-Waqt

This may not be the exact image used, but it's close enough

Cartoon Comic

I can't find the exact cartoon comic used, but this is by the same artist & the man is very similar

Conclusion - I think the Power Pole in Tranzit is a reused texture from the Campaign Missions & has no impact on the Zombie Storyline. Though I'd still like to find the original cartoon & have the words translated.

Not really from BO2, but there are tons of questions from BO that were unanswered.

1.Who was the blacked out figure in Kino?

2.Why was Richtofen wearing a spacesuit in Ascension while the others weren't?

3.How did players get from Shangri La to Area 51 with no teleporters?

4.What is the significance of the rocket in Ascension?

5.Why are the O4 landing in on a lander at the start of Ascension?

1.Who was the blacked out figure in Kino?

Probably Dr. Maxis - We've yet to see what he looks like.

2.Why was Richtofen wearing a spacesuit in Ascension while the others weren't?

Maybe a prelude to whats to come, or Richtofen is just a freak like that.

3.How did players get from Shangri La to Area 51 with no teleporters?

Thats a good question, then again, how did Richtofen teleport inside the moon where he discovered the Pyramid and the teleport to Shangri-La?

4.What is the significance of the rocket in Ascension?

If you asking if it had a connection with the Moon Easter Egg, I doubt it did. Probably had a Satalite that was need to be launched in space in order to free that one Soviet Scientist from Aether.

5.Why are the O4 landing in on a lander at the start of Ascension?

I always thought the Lander was sent by that Dr. Gersh, guy. The one who asked for help at the beginning.

That's not true, there are three separate groaning files, entitled 'lies' 'pain' and 'plead'

You can trigger one when killing a zombie (any of the three), looking at one while he's walking to you (plead) and they can trigger whenever Maxis' speaks ('lies')

That's programming talk for I am right. It's a video game. There has to be some triggers for it. So they chose triggers that were very common. No different than if they had triggered it to come up when you do the hokey-pokey with the A button.

You are correct on this, after talking with Ryu (happens to be an amazing programmer) he told me that how coding operates in games with quotes is that all games have triggers that activate said quote. Whether that is you being idle for a certain amount of time (a.k.a. your guy is just standing there) or you do something such as kill a zombie these are triggers. You'd be amazed what can be considered a trigger for certain things to occur. Unfortunately the only way to learn triggers of a game like this is to actually go into its actual coding itself and see the line of code and what it states is the parameters to activate it. This applies to all quotes in games there isn't a exception to this.

• 1 month later...

Last but not least in the Die Rise files Jumping Jacks are referred to as "leapers",

file names are rarely reliable.

how about patch notes then,..

Game Update Notes: Aug. 22, 2013

Die Rise

◦Leapers no longer become stuck in the main elevator shaft

are we not going with official names anymore? its going to be perma perks, teddy, Leroy again is it?

we have an official name for 'jumping jacks',.....

they are LEAPERS,..

been waiting to say this since the day i was told there NOT permaperks there persistent upgrades, so without further adue,..

"get with the program people"

@MMX, these official names provide your trilogy with undeniable fact! treyarch names them what they want, throw us f'all bones, and its up to us to do the rest! chillax dude, half the people on this site cant even read a guide let alone try to tie up and connect the entire zombies story, and that is FACT!

my hat is still off to you mate,

EDIT1+2:

ok so I may have to take back the "get with the program people" quote, bugger

im still convinced this is there official name but, jumping jacks is solid

also, as pinnaz explained that telixion explained,.. if that makes

sense, :lol:

heres it is, thanks pinnaz

Die Rise

◦Leapers no longer become stuck in the main elevator shaft.

is this official name of jumping jack/nova crawler evolved or whatever?

They may just be "code names", but I'll take "One Inch Punch" as a proper name because there is no other mentioned.

As for the 'Jumping Jacks', Telixion was the person that got to name the "Leapers" Jumping Jacks. you can check this thread out or the video below explains why.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=28591&p=275808#p275808

They are called Jumping Jacks

This video will explain:

EDIT3: link to discussion viewtopic.php?f=100&t=36656