The UNanswered Questions of BO2 Zombies

Is it still a bit big now? [Resized from 800x600 to 640x380]

It's part of a project I'm working on...

I bet I could post this on the official COD Forums as a legit DLC 4 pic and some people would be gullible enough to believe it. XD

Also here's a few more questions:

How did the Nova 6 Crawlers become the Minions?

What happened to Gersch?

What happened to the adventurers from Shangri La?

Why is Leroy "weird"? [Zombies don't attack him, he's huge and skinny but got the strength of the Hulk]

Why is Brutus bald?

Why is Samuel the only character from the N4 to go through a physical change? [For those who don't get what I mean, in Buried his clothes are torn, he's quite bloody and his glasses are cracked]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*small update*

added the one behind the red eyes on mob of the dead.

thanks for the more questions, im slowly going through them one by one but ill try to get to most of them.

thought id knock this one out right now, but you mean Brock and Gary right? in the final steps completing the Shangri-La easter egg, you are to give them a stick of dynamite to free them but they are in a timeloop like the MoTD characters. you can see after they leave it resets in this transcript (written by MurderMachineX)

Fantastic thread to lay out the big questions!

I certainly don't have the answers, but hopefully DLC 4 will help us figure them out :geek:

I'm beginning to think they may do more than one new zombie maps to wrap up the story branches!

thanks, havent seen one like this so i figured i'd start one. hopefully we get some more kind of answers like the Buried opening cutscene did.

Yea the ghost/witch/lucy lane/money stealer what ever you want to call her. She says very clearly This house is just a shadow of its former glory.

oh i see, i dont have Buried so its hard for me to kinda cover that subject at the time, get wat i mean? once i finally get it (im on ps3) ill be able to go in myself and check her house out. i could now via youtube but its harder lol

*small update*

thought id knock this one out right now, but you mean Brock and Gary right? in the final steps completing the Shangri-La easter egg, you are to give them a stick of dynamite to free them but they are in a timeloop like the MoTD characters. you can see after they leave it resets in this transcript (written by MurderMachineX)

Hm, interesting.

I've never played Shangri La, but I have saw a part of the easter egg.

I didn't know the map was in a time loop... and Brock mentioning Argatha too.... maybe we'll see them again. [i'll see them for the first time]

So, I just want to make my thoughts on some things mentioned known.

First of all, I just want to say thanks Infected for using my transcripts (and crediting). It makes me feel glad I made them. :)

What happened to the O4!?

I think we will find out next map. All we know right now is that Samantha is in Argatha, and that they are likely with her.

In "Die Rise", we got a TV transmission from a man telling us about his group called "The Flesh". the members of the group are unknown, where do they reside is also unknown.

(Transcript of transmission by MurderMachineX)

as stated, they are willing to consume zombie flesh in order to survive. i personally dont know how they tie into the main story, hopefully one day we find out. this hasnt really been brought up lately, kinda just fell to the side. everyone figured its a cult and left it there, but i believe it has to be more of a connection.

I think the Flesh is two things in the long run. One, it is a cult and shows some people's mentality after the bombs went off. Two, it explains Samuel's past, as he was one of them. "You can't tell them about the Flesh!"

in the "Die Rise" cut scene we hear Samuel talking to the voice in his head (aka RIchtofen) while the 2 talked, the voice (only wat i can assume) threatened to tell the rest about "The Flesh". and in which he replied "you cant tell them about 'The Flesh' if they knew, they'd kill me" in a quick flash you a showm a image.

its obvious Stulinger ISNT a zombie, so that could only mean he us to be one. now i have no evidence to prove he was a zombie and turned human but its not the first time we've turned a zombie back into human. (referring to the "Call of the Dead" easter egg) and also they gave a "cure" in the game mode "Turned" but i doubt the two are connected.

While still on Stulinger in "Die Rise", the moaning and groaning we hear playing as him in the map. wats his connetion to the zombies? why can he only hear it, is there a possibility he can hear it because he use to be a zombie? i dont know.

I don't think he is or ever was a zombie. Honestly, it sounds ridiculous, but Turned makes you second guess that. But really, when he is referring to the Flesh, I think he is referring to the organization. The Green Run Recordings show that other people could hear Richtofen too. Also, Yuri could hear Samantha. Perhaps having eaten human/zombie flesh allows one to hear the person in the MPD?

As for the moaning and groaning. It appeared on only one map. So what is the unique thing to that map? The Jumping Jacks. And actually, it is a somewhat similar sound effect as the Gas Zombies of old. There was a thread on that somewhere on this site.

but who made HIM who he is today? HIM being electricity, why is he trapped in the power station yet its still isnt powered? why is he there in the first place? is the name HIM really an acronym that give clue how he became? the world may never know..

We don't have much to go on with "Him". But we can deduce it through logic. (Not all characters are so lucky. The Pentagon Thief's identity is still debated.) I think it is safe to say "Him" is not natural. Someone made him who he is. He appears in a secret lab, contained, in Green Run. So, apparently some type of secret government experiment?

shortly after completing the "Tower of Babble" easter egg, people began seeing orbs around the map. randomly it will pop up on a gun wen hitting the mystery box like in the picture above. or the orb would appear in the Town on a street light as in the picture below.

Maybe Treyarch was just going for cool effects but stopped putting them in because they drove people crazy :lol:

Who the f*^% is that?

I agree with Infest that a jump scare is just a jump scare.

wat exactly was achieved for our friend Weasel? where did he go...from here but wat happened to him after it was broken? where is he now? maybe we'll get an answer...

Who knows? I don't think we ever will, to be honest. I'd like to think he made it out alive. He was beyond his control and the zombies. So, perhaps he then went on to have a normal life. Perhaps he became a comic book artist.

i dont know about you guys but wen i heard Marlton in the bunker on Nuketown Zombies, i almost sh*t a brick. it INSTANTLY gave me more question, forcing me to wonder about the timeline of the maps( Moon = Nuketown -> TranZit ) i meant Moon = Nuketown as in they take place at the same time.

Marlton has a few quotes about how he actually used to own a laboratory. Therefore, I think Marlton was one of the radiation scientists that were killed in Nuketown. Just, he was the only survivor (through the use of the shelter).

first thing we all noticed in the trailer for "Mob of the Dead", was that the zombies eyes were RED. ok yea big whoop, but this map is BEFORE basically all the other maps, which leaves the question "WHO is in control?" how did this entity lose its power? was it the moment Samantha ran into the MPD? or was it before then...makes you wonder...

I believe it's the Devil, Lucifer, Satan, Mictlantecuhtli, Hades, whatever you want to call him. There's just SOOO many satanic references in the map. However, the transition from Lucifer to Samantha is a difficult one. I mean, I suppose we could go with that maybe whoever is in the MPD overrides Lucifer. But otherwise... yeah. This does mean, however, that technically, had Treyarch planned early enough, the zombies in Nacht and Verruckt should have red eyes, since Samantha didn't come into control until after Verruckt.

1.Who was the blacked out figure in Kino?

This is what I think. Think of the context of the picture. There were five pictures. One large one for Richtofen, who was currently brainwashing test subjects. And then four smaller ones, consisting of his test subjects. There was the American test subject, the Russian test subject, and Japanese test subject, and the... oh wait... the last one is blank. Well we know from Call of the Dead that there was a Mexican test subject, but Richtofen accidentally killed him. I think that that picture represents how the Mexican was supposed to be there but since he died they never got his picture.

2.Why was Richtofen wearing a spacesuit in Ascension while the others weren't?

That is a bit of a conundrum. My best guess is that he thought he would need it for the Moon but was wrong and didn't care if the others got it. Otherwise my guess is as good as yours.

3.How did players get from Shangri La to Area 51 with no teleporters?

The Pyramid could time travel. It likely could teleport too.

4.What is the significance of the rocket in Ascension?

It allows you to get to the Pack-A-Punch. It shows the AK64-A experiments (Space Monkey program). It's fun to blow up?

5.Why are the O4 landing in on a lander at the start of Ascension?

There's many possibilities for this. I mean, they could've teleported/arrived here next to a Lander and then rode the Lander in, not unlike getting off a plane and onto a bus to take you home.

Could Maxis and Richtofen have been fighting BEFORE WaW zombies? I know they were colleagues in Der Riese, but it feels like their relationship was forced. I was actually wondering if buried would provide more backstory to the zombies timeline than the basic start in Der Riese with the tests on Tank/Tak/Nikolai, and the creation of the waffe/ray gun/monkeys.

Actually, you're completely right. Richtofen and Maxis originally were colleagues, but only for a very short time. In 1940, they had their first spat over the teleported, and things only got worse from there. By 1945, Richtofen was fully deceiving Maxis, and Maxis was counter-planning out of suspicion.

Who built the paralyzer, time bomb, and seliquifier.... I believe marelton could have made the seliquifier, but....

I believe Maxis built the Time Bomb and Paralyzer, because the Maxis Diary shows he was attempting to study ethereal energy, and those things use ethereal energy. (Just look at them.) As for the Sliquifier, I think in-game we make a rudimentary version of an actual gun used in China. In Studio, you can see a mock-up, manufactured version of it.

Another thing: When does MOTD take place? Its in hell, which never changes, but that could mean MOTD could take place anywhere after 1933....

December 31, 1933. The characters say this multiple times, New Year's Eve. They are being forced to relive the night of their escape over and over again, which Stanley tells us was 12/31/33.

How did the Nova 6 Crawlers become the Minions?

I just want to say this. They are called Jumping Jacks. Don't believe the CoD Wiki. Misty tells us how they came to be. "Are these things evolving or is it just an old-school mutation?"

Man > Zombie > Gas Zombie > Phasing Zombie > Jumping Jack

It's practically a Pokemon evolution.

What happened to Gersch?

We theorized that he probably had something to do with why there's so much Russian equipment in Griffin Station. But it's really up in the air to be honest.

Why is Leroy "weird"? [Zombies don't attack him, he's huge and skinny but got the strength of the Hulk]

His name is not...

Anyway, the "Big Guy"'s origins are a huge mystery. I chalk him next to the Pentagon Thief. We may never know. If I HAD to guess, I'd say he was experimented on in the '40's.

Why is Brutus bald?

Why are many of the zombies bald? Brutus is a zombie too. Sort of, anyway.

Why is Samuel the only character from the N4 to go through a physical change? [For those who don't get what I mean, in Buried his clothes are torn, he's quite bloody and his glasses are cracked]

Marlton's clothes are messed up quite a bit too. Not sure about Russman. Misty isn't wearing enough clothing that it could tear and still be wearable.

Can you shed any light on Russman being in Broken Arrow and who they are?

I vaguely recognise the name, but I keep drawing a blank and thinking about black arrow from Splinter Cell Conviction xD

This is what we know about Broken Arrow:

Broken Arrow was a site and organization. Russman was an operative there. He was fired. They were suspected in being involved in the "outbreak". Post-nukes, the facility was overrun with zombies and there had been a fire started by staff to erase incriminating evidence. The place was bombed by Saber10.

First of all, I just want to say thanks Infected for using my transcripts (and crediting). It makes me feel glad I made them. :)

No, thank you for making them lol im glad you did, it makes explaining things much easier. i prefer using them over, the in game radio transmissions. good job on them

4.What is the significance of the rocket in Ascension?

It allows you to get to the Pack-A-Punch. It shows the AK64-A experiments (Space Monkey program). It's fun to blow up?

and right here i think he meant where did the rocket go after launch? (if your didnt blow it up :lol: ) i never paid much to it cuz i always blew it up.

but thank for feedback, feel free to chime in wen ever. i know you and many other have a firm grasp of the zombies story. i took out the jump scare section, you guys were right it probably just there to scare the sh*t out of us. and ill be tweeking the rest of the post later on.

Fair dinkum, you'll get more answers in LOST than in zombies. Just not going to happen. As most already know, a lot of this stuff just doesn't make sense.

Don't try and piece together some sort of profound narrative from what is, at it's core, a simple survival game.

Just enjoy blazing away at the hordes of undead!! :)

No it doesn't take place on that date, however time around the 4 are stuck on that date sense they are in hell.... It in actuality could be 2035 and still look like Dec. 31 1933... Stanley Ferguson states he was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933- 1949 I believe, meaning the ACTUAL date is past 1949.... But the prison still looks exactly the same....

Technicly, the map does take place on/after January 19th 1934, unless Billy, Sal and Finn were also "hell's recreations."

But also remember, they are/were constantly reliving the day. Regardless of what is occuring in the real world.

So the map could be occuring on November 7th 2010, September 25th 2087 or 22nd July 2013.

Sadly it's more than likely one of those mysteries that we'll never get told about.

Off topic: Is my sig a little too big?

Exactly, they are "reliving" that day over and over, so theoretically the date stays the same hence the Fireworks. However the people change as they are the variables, the map is the constant. Think of the body bags around Alcatraz, imagine those are the failed attempts from the 4.

Also every map is stuck in a time loop even way back in Der Reise with the clock not moving. So that being said, one could argue every map in some way is "Hell" and trapped in time.

All hail MMX and Infected! This is how we do it at CODZ! You gaiz maek me proud to be a member of this site :3

With Black Arrow, were they one of the things mentioned in the Die Rise transmissions? Or did that only talk about the CDC, I canne remember :oops:

aw you know how to make a guy feel special :oops: :lol: but thanks alot, just doin what i can tho 8-)

and to answer your question "Broken Arrow" was infact brought up again in the cutscene to "Buried" which shed alil more light on our players, Russman more then others.

ooOgETfjl3E

Great thread, I've wondered about some of these too.

What is the significance of the base outside the map on Nuketown? It wasn't there in the MP map and we don't interact with it at all. Is this the FOB from the saber 10 transmissions?

and it is????? ill have to investigate this, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Where is Gersch and his lab assistant?

Who is in the picture on Kino?

What scientist is shown on the film reels in Kino? Perhaps it's Maxis?

Who is the Pentagon Thief?

Where are the O4?

Where do Denizens Come from?

What is Broken Arrow exactly?

Where did Weasel go?

Is he really the mastermind of the whole story (as my theory suggests)?

Who is indeed The Editor? Perhaps it's George?

What ever happened to Brutus/Ferguson later on?

How does Pop Goes The Weasel affect the story?

What/Who is in the wisp?

Who is the big guy? Is he from the Aether?

Why are the CDC and CIA on the Buried Grief Map? Why not Cowboys and Miners or something?

What were they mining in Buried?

What is the big machine in the Spawn Room on Buried? How come you can hear Maxis louder when near it?

Who created the Time Bomb?

Who created the Ray Gun Mark 2?

Will the Sliquifier ever be upgradeable, as the old promos used to say about multiple upgradeable wonder weaponry? Perhaps by doing a random series of tasks?

What happened to the COTD crew?

Who is in all of the pictures on Buried?

What about Russman's background and past?

What about the things in the BO1 loading screens?

Who created the Sliquifier?

Who created the button?

How did the 2 pairs in the N4 meet?

What happened to the robot buss driver? How was he created, and why does he have blue eyes?

Who was the man in the Die Rise loading screen tear?

How did the phasers/jumping jacks lose their nova gas?

Who created Tombstone, Who's Who, and Vulture-Aid?

How come zombies don't attack the big guy (Macklemore)?

Who is JD? I heard it on Kino.

Who is Saber10? Will we ever possibily play at Broken Arrow?

I think we should draw a line between important story-related questions that need answering and other non-important questions that don't have an impact on the story and let's face it; will never be answered.

Where is Gersch and his lab assistant?

Poof. Gone.

Where do Denizens Come from?

It's believed they were put in the cages you see near PAP. Apparantly one of them "escaped to breed" according to Marlton.

What is Broken Arrow exactly?

The place where Russman worked, he worked there for a VERY long time since he mentions that during his days at BA Samuel was just a kid.

Who is indeed The Editor? Perhaps it's George?

Cannot be George. MotD happend in 1933.

What ever happened to Brutus/Ferguson later on?

Fergusson retired.

How does Pop Goes The Weasel affect the story?

It doesn't.

What/Who is in the wisp?

The collective souls of "those who came before"

Why are the CDC and CIA on the Buried Grief Map? Why not Cowboys and Miners or something?

Because Treyarch is lazy.

What were they mining in Buried?

Precious Resources. Probably diamonds and Gold.

What is the big machine in the Spawn Room on Buried? How come you can hear Maxis louder when near it?

Mining equipment and drilling machines. You can hear Maxis better because his way of electronic communication is more fractured underground.

Who created the Time Bomb?

Most people believe Maxis did.

Who created the Ray Gun Mark 2?

Porter. Same guy who created the Mark 1.

Will the Sliquifier ever be upgradeable, as the old promos used to say about multiple upgradeable wonder weaponry? Perhaps by doing a random series of tasks?

No it won't. Just some dodgy advertisement ala Activision's standards.

What happened to the COTD crew?

Omnomnom.

Who is in all of the pictures on Buried?

Probably the guy who owned the place.

Who created the Sliquifier?

We did. Dead Rising-style

How come zombies don't attack the big guy (Macklemore)?

haha. Macklemore.

Who is JD? I heard it on Kino.

Josh Olin. Community Manager at the time.

Who is Saber10? Will we ever possibily play at Broken Arrow?

Military

All hail MMX and Infected! This is how we do it at CODZ! You gaiz maek me proud to be a member of this site :3

With Black Arrow, were they one of the things mentioned in the Die Rise transmissions? Or did that only talk about the CDC, I canne remember :oops:

Thank you. Yes, Broken Arrow was mentioned in one of the Die Rise transmissions. There was also one from George Barkley, former CDC member.

Samuel's Secret: I believe I remember a theory that Samuel was the zombie you turn back into a human in the CotD Easter Egg. That would explain why he can hear Richthofen. I'm not saying that this "Flesh Cult" thing I've only just now heard about isn't true but it explains why the other members of the "Flesh Cult" can't hear Richthofen. (No evidence that they can hear him, Correct?)

Red Eyes Zombies: Well I'm not throwing the whole "devil controlling the zombies" idea out the window, but has anyone ever thought it might be the Warden? I mean, we keep hearing all about the warden but we never see him.

OK correct me if I'm wrong but isn't all of this going on because Weasel's making it go on? It's like his "story" or something? (Yeah I did the EE but with a party full of loud friends)

OK correct me if I'm wrong but would one assume that prisoners don't think too kindly of prison staff which includes the head of the prison, the WARDEN? Wouldn't it make sense for Weasel to make the main villain in his "Story" and head of the zombies the Warden?

Also I've been playing my fair share of Cell Block Grief lately and right as you start the announcer says: "Riot in progress, this prison is in lock-down". Doesn't sound like something the ultimate evil would say but more like something perhaps a Warden would say.

Well that's my Two cents, call it crap if you want.

Samuel's Secret: I believe I remember a theory that Samuel was the zombie you turn back into a human in the CotD Easter Egg. That would explain why he can hear Richthofen. I'm not saying that this "Flesh Cult" thing I've only just now heard about isn't true but it explains why the other members of the "Flesh Cult" can't hear Richthofen. (No evidence that they can hear him, Correct?)

I believe the other members were able to hear Richtofen.

There was a guy heard in the TranZit radios that was part of a group that wanted to activate the Spire for Maxis, but at some point he started hearing Richtofen in his head and turned on the rest.

"I'll do it for you.. for you and the flesh" were his last words.

To answer these questions individually, you have to view the story as a whole. It's practically impossible to answer one question without it affecting the overall impact of the storyline.

I'm not sure if that made sense. But my suggestion would be to research the story as a whole from W@W to BO, start to end. Only then will you be able to answer some of these questions. Hell, you'll probably find that quite a few of these questions have already been answered.

Thank you. Yes, Broken Arrow was mentioned in one of the Die Rise transmissions. There was also one from George Barkley, former CDC member.

Thanks for the intel, MMX. I'm doing some more reading up now to catch up with what's going on!

Here's that Die Rise transmission,

Saber 10: "Recon 5, this is Saber 10. Our sweep failed to find evidence of any survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOV." ... "That's a negative sir, records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun." ... "Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak." ... "Understood sir, confirmed drop in T-5. Retreating to safe distance."

Would it be a safe guess that the facility outside of Nuketown is Broken Arrow's base that got burned down?

"Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak."

Another thing, if someone burned it down because certain individual(s) (at least partly) caused the outbreak, could they mean Russman? He did leave because of the 'incident' as Marlton says.

Good thread! I couldn't read it all at this moment but I wanted to add, if it hasn't been mentioned already that the quotes from Takeo when you hit the action button on the black painting of a man about the person who once was, shall be again or something, I'm at work or I would have gotten the exact quote, but it always seemed that it fit Maxis best.

He was taken from Earth, killed, resurrected (sort of)and is now back in the story.

**small update**

added the signs from TranZit to the OP, will be looking into all this stuff you guys have added, thanks for the help

Good thread! I couldn't read it all at this moment but I wanted to add, if it hasn't been mentioned already that the quotes from Takeo when you hit the action button on the black painting of a man about the person who once was, shall be again or something, I'm at work or I would have gotten the exact quote, but it always seemed that it fit Maxis best.

He was taken from Earth, killed, resurrected (sort of)and is now back in the story.

think you can get this quote for me?

To answer these questions individually, you have to view the story as a whole. It's practically impossible to answer one question without it affecting the overall impact of the storyline.

I'm not sure if that made sense. But my suggestion would be to research the story as a whole from W@W to BO, start to end. Only then will you be able to answer some of these questions. Hell, you'll probably find that quite a few of these questions have already been answered.

i kinda get what you mean, but some questions havent been answered because whenever we get a new map and new questions, we lose focus on the old map questions like we have A.D.D :lol: im just tryna keep record of some interesting question that didnt quite get an explanation or not a view good one.