The UNanswered Questions of BO2 Zombies

Infected here, in my downtime while waiting for DLC3 to hit ps3. ive decided to put together a thread of the questions that just seem to be lost.

i will post the original links to the threads i come across for those who want more of an understanding of wat im talking about and to give credit to the poster.

[No particular order either.]

What happened to the O4!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:o :shock: is wat we ALL said once we found out we werent gonna be playing with the Original Crew (and Samantha, being in Richtofens body and all) and we were introduced to the New 4, but it still bares the question "Wat did they do after it all went down?"

(hahaha saw this looking for a pic of the O4 and thought id share with you guys)

but for those who dont know (idk could have been living under a rock :roll: ) in the event of the Moon easter egg on Black Ops 1. we must complete a series of tasks unveiling Samantha in the MPD you would think thats the end of it, but nope.

we are given more tasks with the end results us blowing up the Earth, seen in the picture above. "WTF!?" i know, but did that strand out crew on the Moon? me personally? i dont think so. now if you take notice to the picture below, you can see we are able to teleport and return to "No Man's Land" after the explosions go off.

with that being said, who's to say they didnt come back to see if anyone survived? wat happened in between Moon and the BO2 story that led them to Argatha (if you've completed Maxis side of the Buried easter egg) many many questions for the crew we grew to love...

"The Flesh"

In "Die Rise", we got a TV transmission from a man telling us about his group called "The Flesh". the members of the group are unknown, where do they reside is also unknown.

(Transcript of transmission by MurderMachineX)

as stated, they are willing to consume zombie flesh in order to survive. i personally dont know how they tie into the main story, hopefully one day we find out. this hasnt really been brought up lately, kinda just fell to the side. everyone figured its a cult and left it there, but i believe it has to be more of a connection.

Samuel's Secret and the Zombie Connection

in the "Die Rise" cut scene we hear Samuel talking to the voice in his head (aka RIchtofen) while the 2 talked, the voice (only wat i can assume) threatened to tell the rest about "The Flesh". and in which he replied "you cant tell them about 'The Flesh' if they knew, they'd kill me" in a quick flash you a showm a image.

its obvious Stulinger ISNT a zombie, so that could only mean he us to be one. now i have no evidence to prove he was a zombie and turned human but its not the first time we've turned a zombie back into human. (referring to the "Call of the Dead" easter egg) and also they gave a "cure" in the game mode "Turned" but i doubt the two are connected.

While still on Stulinger in "Die Rise", the moaning and groaning we hear playing as him in the map. wats his connetion to the zombies? why can he only hear it, is there a possibility he can hear it because he use to be a zombie? i dont know.

1G4JMgaeatg

(sorry for video quality i dont have a capture card)

as you can see in the video, he sometimes hears the moaning and groans upon killing zombies (i dont know if other players killing them will still cause him hearing it) but is it Stu hearing the zombie that is being killed pain? or is Richtofen being weakened from them dying.

some words could be made out if you listen carefully

"Help..... me.... Heeellllpp me"

"Kill me.... Kiiilllll me"

".....Leave...."

"....Hell..."

"....Pain..."

"...Why?...Why?..."

"....the pain...."

"...evil...EVIL..."

(takin from another thread)

wats wrong with the voice? how come it sounds like its being tortured? still another mystery...

The Bus and Bus Driver

upon the reveal of Black ops 2 Zombeies, we got a glimpse of our means of transportation about the Green Run map. first thought "cool we gonna be on a bus" then i pondered, "how are we gonna be on a bus? what keeps it running?" and then i seen the Driver, and was amazed at the fact the Driver is so futuristic. who had the time to put together the Bus? i personally am still confused on the time frame in which these maps take place, especially because of the Driver

one more thing id like to add, when we all played Tranzit we learned the bus infact spawns behind the Bus Depot. but the "Buried" cutscene has tweaked things in a way.

Misty said that Russman and Stulinger had already met up with the Bus and traveled to town, once there they met Misty and Marlton. if they all met in town why did the back track to the Bus Depot and for what reason? where is the bus comming from when we first spawn? the small thinks sometimes have the most mystery..

The Origins of "HIM"

HIM or as some call him "The Avogadro" (lets just say "HIM") well as many know, he is trapped inside the power station on "TranZit". once you flip the power on he is freed to come zap the hell out of you to while training zombies :lol:

but who made HIM who he is today? HIM being electricity, why is he trapped in the power station yet its still isnt powered? why is he there in the first place? is the name HIM really an acronym that give clue how he became? the world may never know..

The Orbs around TranZit

shortly after completing the "Tower of Babble" easter egg, people began seeing orbs around the map. randomly it will pop up on a gun wen hitting the mystery box like in the picture above. or the orb would appear in the Town on a street light as in the picture below.

nobody knows wat triggers the orbs or do they have any importance, a pattern cant really be found because happen randomly wen going to Town or on a pull from the mystery box.

Postcard as TranZit loading screen

we all have grown quite aware of the loading comic book. so of course we will notice that TranZits loading screen would NOT be a comic book page. why not have a comic? was it to shroud the N4 in some mystery? no one truly knows, but it does tend to raise the eyebrow wen first playing the map after being so use to comic

and wen the post card is flipped as you see it is infact behind the Die Rise page but before Nuketown Zombies page.

so why the break or pause in the comic flow? maybe theres nothing to it but it is a good question.

After the Cycle is Broken

The same way "Mob Of The Dead" came and left everyone flabbergasted with its new features, is the same way we were left once completing the easter egg "Pop Goes The Weasel". after arriving at the Golden Gate bridge in Afterlife mode and reviving your body. you are given the choice to kill Weasel, continuing the cycle they are doomed to repeat or if the M3 got killed by the Weasel you'd see the cycle being broken.

wat exactly was achieved for our friend Weasel? where did he go...from here :lol: but wat happened to him after it was broken? where is he now? maybe we'll get an answer...

Why is Marlton in the Bunker?

i dont know about you guys but wen i heard Marlton in the bunker on Nuketown Zombies, i almost sh*t a brick. it INSTANTLY gave me more question, forcing me to wonder about the timeline of the maps( Moon = Nuketown -> TranZit ) i meant Moon = Nuketown as in they take place at the same time.

t_l_RgiGXVU

(Video Credits to MrRoflWaffles)

but take note to some of the quotes in the video, a couple we havent heard and some are infact from "TranZit" which raises even more questions. with the bus honking being heard, and the fact Marlton and Misty were both together at Green Run BEFORE meeting with the bus (thanks to the "Buried" cutscene) makes one scratch their head. is this just poor planning on treyarchs part? could be...but something doesnt add up lol

The One behind the Red Eyes

back in the original zombie killing days, we all were use to our zombies eyes being this yellow color. (or orange i might be slightly color blind :lol: ) then we find out the eyes represent the control of the zombies (or announcer of the game) which was Samantha at the time.

After Richtofen takes control over the zombies after Moon, we got familiar with the blue eyed zombies as seen below.

first thing we all noticed in the trailer for "Mob of the Dead", was that the zombies eyes were RED. ok yea big whoop, but this map is BEFORE basically all the other maps, which leaves the question "WHO is in control?" how did this entity lose its power? was it the moment Samantha ran into the MPD? or was it before then...makes you wonder...

Signs...What do they mean!?!

back when we all were noobs to "TranZit" the freeway sign above with the missing letters spelling out "D A Y X/2 ME" "They Cross Over to Me" or "They Cross Under To Me" either way it sparked up MANY theories, (Green Run is a clock, We switch it to night, opens the 2nd bus route)

months after we combed over everything in TranZit, the image below made its way to the surface.

the image looks like a hammer striking something, hammer kinda resembles Thor's Hammer "Mjolnir" if you ask me. at first it was thought to be Arabic on the hammer, but new information has came to light as some one said that it isnt Arabic but in fact Urdu

----------------------------------------------

Well this thread is my work in progress. i just dont want us to forget the other stuff we never solved. hopefully this will be the page we can look back to and remember wat we need to answer. if you too know of something that has been forgotten or something thats already been proven, just PM me or reply to this post with your info and a link to the original thread. thanks for reading.

----------------------------------------------

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18279

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=29942

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=29544

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27864

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=31250

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really from BO2, but there are tons of questions from BO that were unanswered.

1.Who was the blacked out figure in Kino?

2.Why was Richtofen wearing a spacesuit in Ascension while the others weren't?

3.How did players get from Shangri La to Area 51 with no teleporters?

4.What is the significance of the rocket in Ascension?

5.Why are the O4 landing in on a lander at the start of Ascension?

• Administrators

These are questions that were implemented for bigger reasons yet have failed to yield answers from Treyarch. Perhaps it was to leave us to answer with our own imagination, or they just tossed in new ideas and awaited for a possible good time to further the concepts. Nevertheless, there are always more questions than there are answers.

The Flesh gives us a bit of backstory to Samuel and what has been going on since the devastation of the rockets hitting Earth. In the time that Richtofen has been in control, a cult grew as his small minions. You could guess that he liked this very much, but soon ignored them and continued to unleash zombies. As that progressed, the cult kept thriving by eating the zombies.

Samuel's connection to The Flesh is just based on that mere image and what one of the radios describe a person affected by the 115 (or so) as, to which perfectly fitted the description of our schizophrenic slayer. At this point in time, there is no other mention of him being a part of The Flesh nor does anyone suspect him of being involved in it. He can hear the voices of the damned souls, yes. But I guess we'll never know why he could hear them and now he can't...

"Him" was an underground lab experiment created by scientists, either from the government or a joint operation between the Russians and Americans (as their presence is suggested by the finds around the map). This being acts as a large source of power for the entire area, but I don't think that was the pure reason for creating him. People attempted to situate "Him" with the Afterlife in Mob of the Dead, but there aren't any connections other than having electric powers to a certain extent. His role, currently, is just as void as the Pentagon Thief from FIVE.

The orbs is just weird. So many ideas came to life about a continuation of Tranzit in some form, yet we have not found such an appearance. What we do know, however, is that we indeed go back to insert our final NavCard for the completion of the Side Mission "endings".

A jump scare is just a jump scare. Grill did a fantastic theory about Reznov being connected, don't get me wrong about that. There are just too many loose ends to promote such a relation, though. Recall that this easter egg is triggered in multiple areas, not just one. It gives us the uneasy feeling in making Alcatraz Island look more demented than it already is.

The postcard for Green Run does indeed seem out there. Note that Mob of the Dead had a piece of paper that listed the steps in escaping the prison and not on a comic book page as well. I feel that Treyarch was trying something new with the postcard loading screens, but slipped up a bit. It's good to know that we see that same postcard even in the Die Rise page, though.

Samuel's secret could've made a great EE for Buried. Such as doing Maxis' side would make Richtofen reveal his secret to the group.

Or it could've made the story very interesting.

"Who the F Is that?" It is probably no one of importance. It's like the K-Fee commercials. [Ghost car]

Here are some more unanswered questions:

What happens to the MOTD crew when they break the cycle?

Why was Marlton at Nuketown?

Who was in control of the Alcatraz zombies?

Why is the Buried loading screen different from the small preview we got on Die Rise?

Did the events of MOTD have any effect on the story?

Where are the old crew?

What is Russman's background? [i feel we'll learn more about this in DLC 4]

Not really from BO2, but there are tons of questions from BO that were unanswered.

6.Who is the Pentagon thief?

6.Who is the Pentagon thief?

7. How come the Crew's clothes are messed up/heavily torn off in Ascension, perfectly fine in Shangri-La and then messed up again in Moon?

8. What's up with pretty much everything in BO1's Loading Screens.

Also for the Flesh/Samuel thing. I think Treyarch wanted to start yet another 'important' sideplot; with Samuel getting paranoid because the others would kill him if they found out about him and the Flesh.

But guess what, the community didn't care - so in turn the N4 didn't care.

Flesh never mentioned again. #Trollarch

Samuel's secret could've made a great EE for Buried. Such as doing Maxis' side would make Richtofen reveal his secret to the group.

"Who the F Is that?" It is probably no one of importance. It's like the K-Fee commercials. [Ghost car]

Why is the Buried loading screen different from the small preview we got on Die Rise?

Where are the old crew?

what do you mean different from die rise? if you are loading a multiplayer game then you see the comic book page, if you are playing solo then you see the cinematic cut scene...

Could Maxis and Richtofen have been fighting BEFORE WaW zombies? I know they were colleagues in Der Riese, but it feels like their relationship was forced. I was actually wondering if buried would provide more backstory to the zombies timeline than the basic start in Der Riese with the tests on Tank/Tak/Nikolai, and the creation of the waffe/ray gun/monkeys.

what do you mean different from die rise? if you are loading a multiplayer game then you see the comic book page, if you are playing solo then you see the cinematic cut scene...

He means that Buried's Comic Page differs from the 'preview' tease we saw in the Die Rise page. Remember the human-like tear in the page. If you would flip over the page the tear would still have to be there, just on the opposite side. But it's not. Also there are other (minor) inconsistencies. Go compare the two loading screens it'll become clear.

thanks everyone who gave me feedback and new questions for the thread, might as well change it to "The UNanswered question of CoD Zombies" lol

A jump scare is just a jump scare. Grill did a fantastic theory about Reznov being connected, don't get me wrong about that. There are just too many loose ends to promote such a relation, though. Recall that this easter egg is triggered in multiple areas, not just one. It gives us the uneasy feeling in making Alcatraz Island look more demented than it already is.

yeah i was kinda thinking that, and might take it out the section. i mean it is after all JUST a face. doesnt have much detail telling who it is, but thanx for that.

Where are the old crew?

yesss thats wat i thought was gonna happen with Samuel's secret like he was being blackmailed into doing his bidding. i will be adding these questions today, just kinda woke up :lol: but ill start looking up the BO1 questions also tho

Great thread. You laid things out logically. There are indeed a lot of unanswered questions. Hopefully some get solved.

thanks, yea there are. maybe dlc 4 will tie more loose ends but i doubt it would tie up everything lol

but again thanks for the feedback everyone and your contribution, once ive finished ill give credit to those who've helped me organize this thread.

Some other unanswered questions:

Who built the paralyzer, time bomb, and seliquifier.... I believe marelton could have made the seliquifier, but....

Another thing: When does MOTD take place? Its in hell, which never changes, but that could mean MOTD could take place anywhere after 1933....

Why is the victorian town of buried hidden like it is underground? And who built all the technology in it? (The ghost, The button, The orbs)

How did russman meet stu, and how did marelton meet misty?

What happened to Tedd?

Why do scientist believe that the zombie plague is airborne or even a virus?

great thread, infected - +1. when you get all of the unanswered questions in one place, they really start adding up!

In the end, IMO, the biggest unanswered question of BO2 zombies:

WHERE IS MY DEAR O4?

thanks GRILL, and man thats going to the top of the OP now :lol:

If you look at the Die Rise loading screen, on the right side you see a tear, which is in the shape of a man's head and you can see part of Buried's loading screen.

On Buried's loading screen, the tear [Which should now be on the left side] has been magicly repaired, along with the part we saw on DR's loading screen being lighter and having a panel above it.

I think DBZ made a topic on it.

E: Found it.

viewtopic.php?f=152&t=33126

Another thing: When does MOTD take place? Its in hell, which never changes, but that could mean MOTD could take place anywhere after 1933....

MOTD takes place after January 19th 1934. That is when all of them were dead.

I thought that Mob of The Dead took place on December 31, 1933 since on the recordings you hear from Stanley Ferguson he states that the escape plan was enacted on that date.

Either way, nice thread Infected115! I hope we get at least some answers to these questions.

If you look at the Die Rise loading screen, on the right side you see a tear, which is in the shape of a man's head and you can see part of Buried's loading screen.

On Buried's loading screen, the tear [Which should now be on the left side] has been magicly repaired, along with the part we saw on DR's loading screen being lighter and having a panel above it.

I think DBZ made a topic on it.

E: Found it.

viewtopic.php?f=152&t=33126

ok i understand what you meant now... just wasnt clear in original post. thanks for clearing that up

I thought that Mob of The Dead took place on December 31, 1933 since on the recordings you hear from Stanley Ferguson he states that the escape plan was enacted on that date.

Either way, nice thread Infected115! I hope we get at least some answers to these questions.

No it doesn't take place on that date, however time around the 4 are stuck on that date sense they are in hell.... It in actuality could be 2035 and still look like Dec. 31 1933... Stanley Ferguson states he was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933- 1949 I believe, meaning the ACTUAL date is past 1949.... But the prison still looks exactly the same....

No it doesn't take place on that date, however time around the 4 are stuck on that date sense they are in hell.... It in actuality could be 2035 and still look like Dec. 31 1933... Stanley Ferguson states he was a guard at Alcatraz from 1933- 1949 I believe, meaning the ACTUAL date is past 1949.... But the prison still looks exactly the same....

Technicly, the map does take place on/after January 19th 1934, unless Billy, Sal and Finn were also "hell's recreations."

But also remember, they are/were constantly reliving the day. Regardless of what is occuring in the real world.

So the map could be occuring on November 7th 2010, September 25th 2087 or 22nd July 2013.

Sadly it's more than likely one of those mysteries that we'll never get told about.

Off topic: Is my sig a little too big?

Technicly, the map does take place on/after January 19th 1934, unless Billy, Sal and Finn were also "hell's recreations."

But also remember, they are/were constantly reliving the day. Regardless of what is occuring in the real world.

So the map could be occuring on November 7th 2010, September 25th 2087 or 22nd July 2013.

Sadly it's more than likely one of those mysteries that we'll never get told about.

Off topic: Is my sig a little too big?

Just a little

Why does the witch say the house is a shadow of its former glory?

:?:

i assume your talking about the ghost on buried?? ill need alil more info on that, like a link to the quote in game(im on PS3 i havent played yet :cry: )

and TheNathanNS yeeea it is kinda big, but its funny to see CJ at the mystery box :lol: