Going back to BO2 misty poster.

Mine was destroyed when I moved but I was looking at it through an image search and it just got me thinking, why did they pick Misty for the poster? Was it because she is a girl and it just looked cool to have a chick with a gun holding a head? I think it's a little more than that.

As I look at the progression of our new characters, it seems Russman is losing his battle with his memory loss, but has this dark past and still questionable rivalry with marleton. We have Stulinger, who is obviously not going to last much longer as himself, whether that is from possession, or from the voice (some say voices) in his head. I can't say much for Marleton other than his loyalty to Misty, he is usually very afraid and not heroic at all, yet offers to be bait for Misty. Misty is what is holding this group together, yet she doesn't play a huge role in the story compared to the other characters that we know much more about, why is Misty's past barely touched upon? I would like to add, she tends to be the voice of the group, giving the pep talks and shouting orders, she is definitely the glue to this train wreck of a crew.

Now I want to talk about the zombie head she is holding. When I first got the poster, I took it home and combed over it like a giant Where's Waldo print. I noticed that on the zombies face, there are numbers carved all over it, in a very specific pattern too. In a spiral it goes from 9-0, why?

I'll close by saying I've thought for a while these old characters will return, if not in BO2 then BO3. There is just one problem, Samantha is in Richtofens body. Do you think they would let the girl that has been trying to kill them all this time, accompany them in the body of the man they were just betrayed by? That leaves one spot open, and I think Misty is going to fill that spot.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not travel with Samantha? They traveled with richtofen who experimented on them and honestly, no one in the group likes every one else.... Takeo liked richtofen, who liked nikolai, who liked tank, who liked takeo...

Now if these moon quotes are right, Samantha is liked by everyone but nikolai, who Samantha liked as "uncle nikolai"..... If anything they may be closer together.....

the Samantha thing is interesting, but surely as all characters can hear maxis, wouldn't she know? maybe he doesn't know? come to think of it has maxis introduced himself? at all? maybe neither of them know? or has stuhlinger told the others his 'voice' mentions maxis? richtofen- "or maxis will kill you all". or has sthulinger figured out that maxis has a name for 'the german''voice'? maxis- "richtofen will stop at nothing".

curious,..

hmm,.. Samantha and nikolai connection possible you say, :idea: MOTD,.. samanthas lullaby "nikolai, nikolai, nikolai, why do I keep hearing that name?"

anything is possible this is what it is,.. treyarch zombies :o

It's because putting promotional artwork of girls sells.

and this,..

also, numbers on the zombies face, possible campaign-zombies connection?

But back to Misty. I always find her Juggernog quote on Buried like super weird. Do you see how her voice changes. It think it changees in tranzit also, yet different.

If she is not hiding anything I am afraid I will have to rate her as a rather boring character. I mean most times when I watch the cutscenes, I would skip her part.

It was just a thought I had, shame it doesn't get past "sex sells" but that's alright there is probably nothing on the poster worth talking about. Misty would be the only character of the new four I could tolerate in other Bo games, or kill her I don't care enough to say keep her, she's just the least annoying, and most probable survivor of all the new crew.

Yea there is the face in the background that looks like a little girl...the initials that are on her collar (I think it's just an "R") all those numbers. Ofcourse it's hard to make sense of any of it, it could just be for hype but once the last DLC comes out, I'll come back to this topic if it did indeed hint anything.

What about Samuel?

His Die Rise quote "Sure.. you want me to keep the others alive... why though?" could be taken in 2 different ways.

Either he's hearing some voice in his head, which most of the zombie community believe and is very possible, or it could be him breaking the 4th wall by asking us [the player] why we want him to keep the others alive.

Yeah I'm kinda sad that nothing ever came about from the "1221" on her hat. Really thought it'd be an important date, or something.

Also - while Samantha's soul did enter Richtofen's body - Samantha's body is still in the Aether, either lost forever or presumably waiting for it to be connected to its rightful soul. Richtofen turned into an omnipotent being (no body required). He wanted to get back into Samuel so he could feel, touch, smell (well maybe that last one wasent the best idea).

Yeah I'm kinda sad that nothing ever came about from the "1221" on her hat. Really thought it'd be an important date, or something.

Also - while Samantha's soul did enter Richtofen's body - Samantha's body is still in the Aether, either lost forever or presumably waiting for it to be connected to its rightful soul. Richtofen turned into an omnipotent being (no body required). He wanted to get back into Samuel so he could feel, touch, smell (well maybe that last one wasent the best idea).

Samantha's body is not in the Aether. It is in the MPD on the Moon. Richtofen's soul is within Samantha's body. The MPD then connects his soul to the Aether. He is dependent upon Samantha's body. Maxis is fighting for power, so they both fight over the same body.