Scariest Zombies Map

So there are a lot of zombies maps that have been released, and a lot of them are scary and/or have a spooky atmosphere. Some are more scarier then others, and some aren't at all that spooky (I'm looking at you Shangri-La and Die Rise). But which could be the scariest? Well, what are your opinions? (Also, if you want, I guess you can share which maps wasn't all that scary and why)

Me, I can't personally say, as I haven't played some of the maps that much (like Verruckt and Shi No Numa). Although I have seen a lot of footage of all the maps, I think it's best for me to experience it before I share my opinions.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to think of the first time I played the map, I gave it to MOTD even though I sort of...I strongly dislike the map at the moment.

Using my imagination, putting myself in the map I would say I would rather at least be in a plane of existing, that way if I died I could not worry about zombies anymore. Nacht too, just for the fact no one knew what was going on and it's so small with no perks.

The witches on buried..... Scare the hell out of me sometimes. I thought the denizens were bad but these witches make me jump super bad. It calmed down but im pretty sure they will make me jump one more time at least.

And to address the denizen thing, they were only scary the first couple of days because the fog was basically the unknown, I didn't know how many came out at once, how many hit you, the squeal, the fog, all of these things freaked me out but the witches top it.

Verruckt. Brightness all the way down. Hell yes.

Ascension nailed it's atmosphere aswell, although it was more mysterious than actually scary.

MOTD's design is also pretty good, really immersed you in the whole map.

Anyone else prefer it when the maps take place during the night?

I like a dark map, or at least a map towards sunset.

Verruckt is still frightening to this day. I always have to look twice with those tight hallways. But a map at night still can be bright and i don't like that. When the moon lightens up the landscape it steals some of the gloom away.

The lights of the zombies eyes are enough to signal me of their location.

All I need are stars to let me at least see the floor and that's good enough

Verrucky by far, will and will always be the scariest map.

This.

Might just be that I hate maps that take place with all of the map inside a building.

Mob of the Dead wasn't scary, just a little creepy. The ambient chain rattling was the creepiest.

My options:

Nacht Der Untoten: It was unexpected. After you beat the WAW campaign you see a creepy ass cutscene which ends with NAZI ZOMBIES in capital letters. Then you're thrown right into some run down old building without any clue what's happening.

Verruckt: So many scary things with this map. The fact you could hear crying and rattling if you turned the music off, the severed hand etc. Not to mention if you have your brightness all the way down....

Mob of the Dead: When I first played it, Brutus made me jump everytime he spawned right next to me.

He still does.

The bodybags.... they alone add so much atmosphere and, this is probably just me, but the the screamer, though I've never done it. :D

MOTD gets topped off once you learn your already dead.

Buried: Not that scary but the first few times I travelled into the ghost house made me jump. Especially when I went through the bookcase and that bitch was already there!!

I've gotten used to it now, but a friendly warning to you PS3 players.