Zombie rankings making people annoying

I personally think the ranking has put a damper on zombies. First no one understand how they work, and now you have what I call "zombie snobs". I understand why people may not want to play with a single bone but the other day I had people asking me to leave since I didnt meet their standards. I finally get a game and spent the whole match listening to them lecture me how to rank up. I dont care to and it annoys me I have a guy telling me how to play when its round 20, ive been down once and and have 800 kills, 375 of them headshots and the others only beat me in downs. Just my rant

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think the ranking has put a damper on zombies. First no one understand how they work, and now you have what I call "zombie snobs". I understand why people may not want to play with a single bone but the other day I had people asking me to leave since I didnt meet their standards. I finally get a game and spent the whole match listening to them lecture me how to rank up. I dont care to and it annoys me I have a guy telling me how to play when its round 20, ive been down once and and have 800 kills, 375 of them headshots and the others only beat me in downs. Just my rant

we got an idea of how the rank works but not fully, plain and simple advice i can tell you...just keep killing, try not to go down as much (dont use Quick Revive, Whos Who wen playing solo) and try to make it as high as you can (round wise) and then ranking up is no problem. i myself am a skull with a knife by following what i told you.

and YES ranking has kinda ruined the match making part but wen you think about it, its ALWAYS been that way. remember black ops 1 tryna find a lobby? first thing ppl would check is how high a round you got, wasnt that high nobody would green up. same thing kinda now, but i dont judge ppl by rank because people make new screen names to get a better rank (or try making it to shotguns) so they could be a excellent player but just wearing the bones rank. i feel you man,zombies just isnt the same tho

True it started with black ops 1 but I rather be judged by a round and kills then whether the eyes in my skull are blue or not. Personally dont play as much as I would like to and you seem to go down in rank when you dont play for a couple days.

the tally marks arent really directed to the rank itself, it just shows how often you play the game..1 mark equals a day of playing,5 marks and the blue eyes mean you play daily. just because you dont have blue eyes or marks just mean you dont play consistantly and that you indeed have a life outside of zombies lol :lol:

the games you play and how you play them also take effect on your rank, if you havent played in a week and you get in a game and do poorly you could be deranked, a skull with knife down to a regular skull. but yea i understand wat you mean with the rank

I would be discriminated against even more if it showed rounds and kills lol. I got to round 100 on motd and 87 die rise. On top of that I got 500k kills. So it would be two situations with the rare third occasion.

Situation A: You are a hacker. you hacked for all your kills and your shotgun rank and your rounds.

Situation B: *squeaker voice* Bro you are so good can i be your friend.

The rare occasion where people actually respect my skill would barely come out. This ranking system is "simple" compared to other systems.

Yeah but if we played I could tell if it was legit or not. I find it more fun playing with randoms and having a guy tell me he went to 70+, then in our game its round 15 and hes went down 6 times because his 4 bar connection has excellent timing lags. Lol

ive played games with shotgun ranks and they go down on round 4 and they just rage quit lol i love laughin at them :lol: :lol:

Personally anymore I find it more fun to troll games on tranzit. Its such a big map you can do you own thing. I still find it funny to run to the tunnel and hear people say How did he get here already, or the bus is leaving your gonna die if you stay. I dont have the heart to troll in a hateful way, only dont talk and listen to everyone talk shit about me not talking but thank me when I revive them. Lol

This is not the first discussion about this ;)

The ranking itself is a nice idea, just to see how good someone is. In Black Ops 1 we checked the Lobby Leaderboard, now we check the rank, there is no difference between the two. The prob is just how it's made. As you said, the formula is.... meh. It lacks transparency in my opinion. If I could see what rounds my teammate did, I saw what skill and experience he has on that map. Now I just see something weird. The super pro that played too much Turned is on skull, and the way lower skilled johnny is at dagger.

The idea itself is nice, but it's just not made right.

Some people have bad games. Don't expect a shotgun player to kick ass every time he plays a game. Especially a pub game that will probably not count to the leaderboards anyways.

I have games where I have 5 downs in motd just because I don't give a crap because it doesn't matter if you go down in that map. I sometimes go into games trying to test some things out that I couldn't test out in a solo game. This causes me to go down. I play Die Rise for the majority solo. And then i go into coop and forget that whos who acts totally different and get twice as many downs.

But then again I have games where I have 2000 kills and no downs. Or something to that nature. Most of those tiems are when I sit down and actually try, but most of my pub matches I don't really care. And Im pretty sure im not the only shotgun rank player that thinks this way.

Oh and I would like to touch on the turned thing that just came up. RelaxingEnd has started playing turned and look at his rank. Turned and Grief no longer derank you.... And as far as I know, you can only rank up to the skull playing grief

i also agree with you guys in rounds over ranks, but that system would be soooo flawed in black ops 2. remember wen the game first came out and ppl learned some round skipping glitch? man the glitching period, i watched a video of these 3 guys in a glitch in the hells retriver room goin to round 50. i didnt know sbout many glitches in black ops 1 accept the infamous stair glitch on CoTD. but it seem like thats the only way ppl get to high rounds now a days. i rather have the rank, just beacuse i like having a rank on zombies lol i dont judge players by rank, unless they have a mic and they happen to be a little 10 year old lol

and if your trying to rank up, stay away from MoTD! the map infact counts and will do damage to your ranking (i know that personally) the whole logic with the afterlife is designed to give you more downs (all in my opinion) the persistant perks and stuff dont count on there but every thing else matters

i played motd for 2 weeks straight and got SOOOOOOOO many downs, i play my first tranzit game solo get downed at round 10 and get deranked.

with after life you automatically get 2 downs if you die, you go down into afterlife mode (thats 1) and if you dont revive yourself (thats 2) i havent played that map since i complete pop goes the weasel...its my least favorite

with after life you automatically get 2 downs if you die, you go down into afterlife mode (thats 1) and if you dont revive yourself (thats 2) i havent played that map since i complete pop goes the weasel...its my least favorite

Well quick revive causes you to get 2 downs also in solo. So does whos who. And if you don't want the extra down from afterlife, go to a switch at the start of every round and go down and revive yourself real quick. takes away your afterlife and the possibility of having 2 downs.

Well quick revive causes you to get 2 downs also in solo. So does whos who. And if you don't want the extra down from afterlife, go to a switch at the start of every round and go down and revive yourself real quick. takes away your afterlife and the possibility of having 2 downs.

yea i know and you will see my first post im aware of QR and Whos who, i use NONE wen playing solo lol i try to get as less downs as i can, and yea that keep using your afterlife is a good idea, but hard to do wen playing on high rounds in a public match with people who just kill the last zombie before you can go about and do wat you want. i stay away from MoTD completely, got all trophies, did pop goes the weasel. i dont know, i rather play tranzit all day then motd lol :lol:

For the record I never stated I needed it cleared up about ranks or this was about the ranking system. Was more about how the ranking system creates people that pick lobbys based on rank only. I still even with the above post dont get the ranking system, and never plan to ever read what they mean or about. I just saw someone say this was already covered many times. Lol

I'm starting to see EE help threads with requests from only knifes or shotguns. I'm happy I have a regular team to play with, I don't know if the community has just grown this large, or if everyone is just becoming snobby.

I don't want to play with someone that doesn't know what they are doing or there way around the map. Usually a skull rank doesn't know that much about the map. Well in depth. Most of the time I can tell skull rank players about 2 new things without trying every time I play with them. So how would I be able to explain a super complex easter egg to them also? Thats why I think threads like that are happening. I don't do it simply because I barely do easter eggs. But I did do tranzit with a skull and die rise with a crossbone. Motd can be done solo really as long as you have teammates that will build the plane. But buried... omg you prob will never be able to do that one with people that can not be of assistance.

Its the same thing that happened in bo1. I wouldn't do the easter egg unless they had a mic and had at least a high round of 25 on that map.

I don't want to play with someone that doesn't know what they are doing or there way around the map. Usually a skull rank doesn't know that much about the map. Well in depth. Most of the time I can tell skull rank players about 2 new things without trying every time I play with them. So how would I be able to explain a super complex easter egg to them also? Thats why I think threads like that are happening. I don't do it simply because I barely do easter eggs. But I did do tranzit with a skull and die rise with a crossbone. Motd can be done solo really as long as you have teammates that will build the plane. But buried... omg you prob will never be able to do that one with people that can not be of assistance.

Its the same thing that happened in bo1. I wouldn't do the easter egg unless they had a mic and had at least a high round of 25 on that map.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. Well at least in my experiance. Skulls know their way just around the map just as well as anyone else. I was telling a shotgunner how to get the spork the other day. Fair anough about doing EEs with randoms, I have never done that :). And the differance between bo1 lobby leads and the ranks is that the lobby leads have a specific round number, and tells you how they are at things like reviving etc, Whereas with the ranks you just have normally incorrect expectations of that person, without knowing that person. To me that is literally the definition of prejudice.

• Administrators

There are way too many discussions about this.

Yes, the rankings are very skewed and make little to no sense in value. The statistics are great; the ranks, however, do not determine a player's true worth. There ought to be a statistic for how many times a player has left the game, and let that be the negative component.

If you wish to continue this discussion, please post in this already existing topic:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26010

Happy slaying! :)