Time bomb mechanics

As we all should know the time bomb is a device that sends us back in time. Now, so far we have seen time teleportation but not in such a controlled matter. For example, the jump from Der Riese to Kino was actually a malfunction in of itself due to too much 115 input (DG-2 shocking the teleporter). Then they were thrown randomly through time somehow landing in Kino. Now to my questions. How did whoever you believe to have made the time bomb make it? What does it run on? 115? Or some different technology? And how is it so controlled?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the time bomb is time travel at all... I beleive it is exactly what it says: A time destroyer, it latches onto a point in time and when detonated, destroys the time up to that point.... Likely runs off the same technology as the paralizer.... Also anyone else find it a bit weird that while neither the nazis or the Americans can build a time BACKWARDS device, and then we find one in Africa? Just lying there in a subsurface Victorian town.... No signs of intelligent life anywhere....

Is it possible the ghost's husband may have made the technology to keep his wife alive after death, destroy time, and build a gun canible of emitting a beam that expands all the atoms in it.....?

A time destroyer wouldn't really make since due to the fact tat not all things you do are forgotten for example I believe doors are not un-bought. But apparently Maxis was teleported there after the events of Der Riese and that's where he made both the time bomb and paralyzer (Just a theory of course.

• Administrators

In-game, it pushes the players back to the point in which the Time Bomb is dispatched.

Theoretically, we know it has the potential to move towards the future (Side Mission step ala Infinite Mode) or go back to a pre-positioned time. How it works just exactly, is up in the air. You can do things in the future and detonate the bomb to see that what you've done in that future has changed in the past. We are rewriting history little by little. It's almost as if there is a time bubble around the entire map - if not, area - that could only be affected by this time shift. Could it be using ethereal energy so fluctuate the time flow in that manner?

In-game, it pushes the players back to the point in which the Time Bomb is dispatched.

Theoretically, we know it has the potential to move towards the future (Side Mission step ala Infinite Mode) or go back to a pre-positioned time. How it works just exactly, is up in the air. You can do things in the future and detonate the bomb to see that what you've done in that future has changed in the past. We are rewriting history little by little. It's almost as if there is a time bubble around the entire map - if not, area - that could only be affected by this time shift. Could it be using ethereal energy so fluctuate the time flow in that manner?

Like Alcatraz almost? Also I read up on it and it seems Maxis was teleported sometime after Rictofen betrayed him to this victorian town and that he is the one who created both the time bomb and the paralyzer. Now I was thinking maybe somehow he got his hands on some 115 and maybe just maybe tested his new mechanism on this victorian town which then made it be where it is now.

I think Maxis made it. It seems to run off of ethereal energy not unlike the ghost. Maxis was the only one who was every studying ethereal energy. Thus, he seems a likely candidate. Also note that the ethereal energy has strange effects upon time. For example, when you use the Paralyzer, it slows the zombies down. Also when it makes you "fly" it actually stops your acceleration or momentum; it keeps your speed fixed. If you were going up, you keep going up. If you were in the arc of your jump, you just kinda hang there. If you were going down, you keep going down.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Maxis made it. It seems to run off of ethereal energy not unlike the ghost. Maxis was the only one who was every studying ethereal energy. Thus, he seems a likely candidate. Also note that the ethereal energy has strange effects upon time. For example, when you use the Paralyzer, it slows the zombies down. Also when it makes you "fly" it actually stops your acceleration or momentum; it keeps your speed fixed. If you were going up, you keep going up. If you were in the arc of your jump, you just kinda hang there. If you were going down, you keep going down.

Yea but's that a little sketchy altogether because that can be chalked up as a "glitch".