TranZit 4 are Dead, Original 4 will return next map

FatedTitan

I apologize if this has already been theorized, but I've been avoiding Buried until I completed the Easter Egg and everything involved. Now that it is complete, I am ready to theorize!

So let's look at both sides of the Easter Egg.

On Maxis' side, he states that no one on Earth will be left. That means that he will kill the T4.

On Richtofen's side, we go into the future to Round Infinity. Richtofen tells us that this is our future. As we look around, we notice we are searching our own bodies for the switch. In other words, the future for our T4 is dying in Buried.

So why does this mean the O4 are returning? Well do you really believe that the devs would put an entirely new crew into the game with only one map left? I don't think they would do that.

So what do you think? Let me know your thoughts.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's been high speculation on the idea that the o4 will return next map, but mainly how and where will they be.

Both sides of the story kind of hint that (at least to me), our next stop could be the long awaited agartha, but even then it feels like a pretty long shot assumption. My ideas stem from maxis saying meeting Sam in agartha (something along those lines), and rich not being able to take full control of Samuel (hinting at the darker power that could be fighting him).

Also nice to hear from you again, haven't seen you much on the forums since I've been back :).

I can agree in the fact that Maxis specifically says "no one on Earth will survive".. Hmm.. Why did he mention the Earth and not the moon?

But, he also says Samantha is in Argatha, which he plans to open the rift to. After the Moon easter egg, you'll know that Samanatha is in Richtofen's body (also confirmed in Maxis's egg on Buried). So she and the others from moon must all be in Argatha.

I also read somewhere, can't put my finger on it at the moment, but Treyarch had said we will not be playing the O4 again.

I don't believe the N4 are dead. I have two things that I believe to be "proof" (for lack of a better term).

#1 Russman got ripped to shreds in the Die Rise cut-scene. BUT, he survived. So since we have seen one of our characters die before, I think its safe to say that they can come back to life.

#2 You said that Richthofen said that "This is your future." Well I think he said that to scare the N4. He could show them what life would be if they decided to work with maxis.

The only thing that would lead me to beleive the n4 ARE returning is that richtofen possessed Samule, that's the only reason.... But I still beleive the O4 should return.... With E. Sigman.....

yeah thats wat ive been thinking. Maxis side gives the impression that the O4 will make an apperance, but if you did Richtofen side he shows the N4 their future in the infinity round with them being dead. who knows, but this has me anxious for dlc 4

I agree with you, we're more then likely going back to the O4. The demand for them has been so high, and even Vahn said he wanted to kill them off and bring back the O4.

Plot twist: The Pentagon 4 return... :o

LOL again! Vahn never said to kill them off! he tweeted an opinion question asking which crew people liked better. the O4 were the majority so he retweeted some of those responses. he did not say it he just retweeted what others like you and I said. this has caused so much confusion lol

I don't want the O4 to be in this version of Zombies. It would wreck them. They suit the old gloomy maps better. As much vas I hate to say it I don't think we will be seeing them this time around.

CRUEL PLOT TWIST!

the O4 actually come back but.....we cant play as them :twisted:

ohhhhhhhh!! :o

I agree with you, we're more then likely going back to the O4. The demand for them has been so high, and even Vahn said he wanted to kill them off and bring back the O4.

Plot twist: The Pentagon 4 return... :o

Best plot twist yet.

TBSZ got it spot on. I actually forgot about Russman dying in the Die Rise intro.

I think we will see the O4 return, simply because Buried's easter egg endings seemed to conclude their story. The only purpose those characters served was to help either Maxis or Richtofen, and now that they've done that they're no longer necessary. Or wanted.

Another thing that makes me think the O4 will return was because of Vahn's tweets and retweets. He only retweeted three responses, all of which said "bring back the O4". Now, why would he retweet those and not bring the characters back? That would be like saying "OK, so we are paying attention to what you guys want, but instead of giving it to you, we're gonna have all of the characters in the next map be voiced by Nicolas Cage. And I know you want Elena Siegman to return, but the next song will be performed by Nickelback." Exaggeration, I know, but it gets the point across. It would be bad marketing on Treyarch's part to acknowledge what the community is saying and then blatantly not give in to the demand.

Personally I think Richtofin is showing the future of the N4 if they either fail or help Maxis because both would result in them dying, but if you complete his ending he sort of takes over Stu's body which to me would indicate that they aren't going to die but the possibility of an 8 player map increasing. N4 with Richtofin in Samuel's body and O4 with Samantha in Richtofin's

• 2 weeks later...

Hey maybe, the map will have a starting set of characters, matching the setting and story, but If the players did every Maxis EE, they get the chance to play as the O4, since ''everyone on earth is dead'' and If you did Rich EE, then you get the N4 no matter what are the basic characters for this map. This has been said many times before but I haven't seen anyone talk about it in the thread so just tossing it in !

Just going to throw in that MMX and I were talking about this a little, and I think he mentioned to me instead of two maps, we have one map with two modes. One for O4, one for N4.

ohhh see this, i love this idea..

i was wondering how the map/mode would go. wat about the ppl who havent even done the easter eggs(not even one, i know some ppl like that) and they get the dlc4, would things still apply to them?

Here's my (PatrolinMexican) theory:

I believe the N4 will not die, for various reasons.

One being that since we have traveled into the future and noticed that we, the N4, die, doesn't that alter the timeline and change the mentality of the N4.

Secondly, Richtofen could have been using this as a card, in terms of you must do what I say or it's going to hit the fan.

Lastly, Richtofen likes Samuel, who in turn likes Russman. Now those two could survive definitely, but what of Misty and Marlton. To be honest, I feel that the N4 have bonded over this time period. Sure, they still "hate" each other's guts but to me it seems they've learned to get along. This can be seen in the cutscene prior to starting Buried on solo. They are all talking about what is happening, what they've done. Yes, they make small insults to each other but, they are more hollow than usual. When things started crashing Misty jumped in and took charge. If the others didn't like her as much, why would they even allow her to speak. That being said I feel if Samuel were to be spared by Richtofen he would ask Richtofen to allow the others to live. Now this is pure speculation, but it's a thought (not a very complete one) and has many variables.

In closing, I'd also like to mention that maybe the N4 may find a way off the Earth and head towards the Moon. This would be very interesting, as it could lead the story into a bit of a Grief mode, where the O4 would verse the N4, perhaps maybe only on Maxis's side.

I hope you enjoyed that read, try to be friendly when you tear it apart and prove me wrong. :D

In closing, I'd also like to mention that maybe the N4 may find a way off the Earth and head towards the Moon. This would be very interesting, as it could lead the story into a bit of a Grief mode, where the O4 would verse the N4, perhaps maybe only on Maxis's side.

i think the O4 got off Moon personally, one Argatha is in the center of the Earth..so they more then likely made it off because in Maxis side Richtofen said she was indeed still in his body. somehow they got to the center of the

earth and i hope this map just explains wat they did following Moon.

now before you say "they were trapped on the Moon", dont forget theres a transporter on the Moon to get to Earth. even aftr the Earth was blown up you could still go to No Mans land to pack a punch.