Tectonic shift

Vyhl

So I see many people saying there wasn't a tectonic shift from the rockets on Moon and many go on to say that there is no evidence supporting this.

Well there actually is. It's an in-game quote from our favourite genius Marlton in Buried.

It usually comes up once you first enter the town. The exact quote is " I suspect this place was a ghost town long before the tectonic shift".

Now, this may just be Marlton assuming there was one but if he had the brains to be working at the Nuketown testing sight then I will believe. Plus this is treyarch putting a quote in from the smartest character in the N4 flat out saying that there was a tectonic shift. I hope this is enough evidence for you all.

Also, for those who don't believe me that the quote is real. I have a clip saved in my theater on XBL with Marlton saying it.

Just figured I would put this out there since I've seen many people argue that there wasn't a tectonic shift.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that there wasn't a tectonic shift. It's just that there was a one so small it cannot visually be seen.

We can look at the Earth and see everything is in its right place. So, the tectonic shift didn't move anything out of place. However, it was still probably the most violent geological event to ever occur to mankind.

Tac mentioned that quote in another thread too, and I think MMX just about summed it up for what I'd say. It appears that some areas were not affected by the tectonic shift, Nuketown and Green Run are still located in the same location on the world map for example, indicating the North American plate never moved.

It's possible that Africa's Great Rift Valley was one of Maxis' intended targets when bombing the Earth, intending to expose the interior of the Earth (he wants to go to Agartha, doesn't he?) The missile impact made the land nearby it weak and fragile, causing separation of the African plate, and burying Buried.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Rift ... al_concept)

Still doesn't explain what an American Wild West town was doing in the middle of Africa. :lol:

Well the plates beneath the earth's mantle are constantly moving so I'm not too sure what kind of effect nuclear bombs would have on it. Of course nuclear power is extremely strong, but the effect it would have on geomagnetic events like plate tectonics is arguable. The force from a nuclear blast as compared to the size of the earth is highly unlikely. Even researchers argue the possibility of the whole idea. Most settle on the earth's frequent plate movement stopping in certain locations and a nuke going off only giving it the jump start to happen a bit sooner than it would naturally.

In any case its much more likely for there to be a nuclear winter than massive plate shifting after the maxis nukes. And as for buried, plate tectonics and continental drift are two completely unrelated events as the movement inside the earth's crust doesn't correlate with the movements of the continents on the surface. If it was everytime there was a decent size earthquake, the location of places would change drastically. ;)

• 2 weeks later...