PHD, A Sham?

Ryan Nowell

It's the worthless thing in the game. I'm talking about the suppose to be, but not at all "Permaperks." How are you going to take PHD Flopper from its' Perk Machine, But have the machine on two of the maps? What the hell is wrong with yall?

The New Wunder-Weapon allows you to fly and glide. But you loose PHD just before you hit the ground? Does that even make sense? I'm tired of taking fall damage when I get "PHD Flopper!" what's the point? I'm about fed up with all of your DLC and all your bullpiss. These 'Green Poofs' are getting on my nerves. I want to toggle On/OFF Switch for your lame ass "Permaperks." I don't try to get them and I don't try to keep them.

Just put all of the perk machines in a single fucked up room. ALL OF THEM. In a Circled room up against the wall and it spins real fast that you and the zombies get stuck to the wall. Like that Carnival ride.

PERMAPERKS ARE STUPID. GET RID OF THEM. THEY ARE A FAILED EXPERIMENT. STOP ADDING TO IT. THEY"RE WASTED MEMORY ON MY HARD DRIVE. JUST INCORPORATE THOSE BUTT FUMBLES IN THE EASY MODE.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Paralyzer has no effect on the PHD perma-perk.

One way to lose the PHD perma-perk is by taking fall damage without dolphin-diving.

Treyarch is just thinking ahead...

They give us the ability to get the PHD perma-perk and a gun that allows us to fly. How OP would that be if a player could just fly up high, then dolphin-dive down to kill the zombies? You wouldn't even need to look for a stairway or a good dive spot.

So, in order to alleviate this combo being OP, they took away the ability to dolphin-dive while holding the Paralyzer. That doesn't make it impossible to use this OP exploit, but it does make it more difficult. Try flying up high, switching weapons mid-air and executing a proper dolphin-dive...It's tough.

I love the PHD perma-perk. I don't really use it effectively because there's so much more to do in this map that seems more engaging, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it.

What would make PHD most effective is if it appeared in every map, especially Great Leap Forward.

If you fly to great heights with the Paralyzer and drop normally, you will take damage and lose the PHD Persistant Perk. Irregardless, it is easy to obtain AND keep, if you know what you are doing.

@OP... If you do not want to lose it, then use the WW properly. If you fly over debris, then make sure you point the gun downwards while firing to cushion your drop, and even if you do lose it, it only takes around 5 dolphin dives/high drops to re-obtain it anyway.

The idea with it is to obtain it when you settle into a game and are ready to run trains. You should never really lose it by that point.

Maybe im wrong but you cant flop from high up using the new gun? Only dolphin dive cause the BOOM. I tried it with a trample steam on top of a building for a mega supersonic beam me up scotty mcflurry lean bean staple machine boulder basher unleash my gasher flop but didnt work.

Im 50/50 on this. I like the perma perks in a way, why not, its an added bonus, but when you lose the flopper without realising it does make you think, i wish i could just buy this or not bother ya know. I thought i had it the other day, dived into a load of zombies and the 1 swipe downed me. They just went home. Too easy they said.

Ive had the box one where the bear sits on top, people said good guns come out, not really, unless you like knives and wanna go cook me some cheeseburgers.

Deadshot, didnt last long, probably didnt realise due to my sneaky russian combat 100% accuracy bull hunting pigeon sh*tting horse headlocking vietnam termainator 2 duke nukem bear trap skills.

Other flashes im not sure, one guy had his penis out so not sure whats going down in this crazy cod world.

If you fly to great heights with the Paralyzer and drop normally, you will take damage and lose the PHD Persistant Perk. Irregardless, it is easy to obtain AND keep, if you know what you are doing.

@OP... If you do not want to lose it, then use the WW properly. If you fly over debris, then make sure you point the gun downwards while firing to cushion your drop, and even if you do lose it, it only takes around 5 dolphin dives/high drops to re-obtain it anyway.

The idea with it is to obtain it when you settle into a game and are ready to run trains. You should never really lose it by that point.

Firstly, irregardless is not a word. Please never use it again.

Secondly, my point is still fact. The Paralyzer has no effect on the PHD perma-perk. It's the fall damage you sustain while flying around with the Paralyzer that causes you to lose PHD, not the weapon itself.

Maybe im wrong but you cant flop from high up using the new gun? Only dolphin dive cause the BOOM. I tried it with a trample steam on top of a building for a mega supersonic beam me up scotty mcflurry lean bean staple machine boulder basher unleash my gasher flop but didnt work.

Im 50/50 on this. I like the perma perks in a way, why not, its an added bonus, but when you lose the flopper without realising it does make you think, i wish i could just buy this or not bother ya know. I thought i had it the other day, dived into a load of zombies and the 1 swipe downed me. They just went home. Too easy they said.

Ive had the box one where the bear sits on top, people said good guns come out, not really, unless you like knives and wanna go cook me some cheeseburgers.

Deadshot, didnt last long, probably didnt realise due to my sneaky russian combat 100% accuracy bull hunting pigeon sh*tting horse headlocking vietnam termainator 2 duke nukem bear trap skills.

Other flashes im not sure, one guy had his penis out so not sure whats going down in this crazy cod world.

Don't know what this means but it made me laugh :lol::lol: :lol:

I'm the real PhD Flopper's biggest fan. I too find this persistent perk useless. Everytime I get get it, it's only a matter of minutes before I'm jumping out a window in a hurry just to lose it. I'll have to reprogram my muscle memory to dolphin dive everytime I exit a building hastily? Please. My only hope is they do PhD like they did Mule Kick on BO1, a month after all the maps are out, put it on every map.

Don't you get it that this PhD persistent perk is just a troll ?

Like PhD machines in Die Rise and MotD ?

PhD Flopper is very strong perk but now when you don't have it, you can show some skill with using explosive weapons.

Okay, if you re trapped, PhD can help you.

So here you go. People asked for this and they have it. But now to obtain PhD, you need also some skill. PhD was only avalaible for Grief Mode in MotD because you don't have there Jugg. Nobody cries about it. At least, it's harder to win Grief. Don't know if PhD is in Buried Grief because I didn't watch any gameplay of it but come on.

I'm also positive with limited perk machines availability on each map. Because even if there were x perks, the most popular would be Jugg, Speed, Double Tap, Mule Kick and PhD. Look how Deadshot Daiquiri was abandoned in Black Ops 1. Now you can choose between it and Electric Cherry in MotD.

I would still choose Deadshot over Electric Cherry in MotD if, and only if, I didn't have a Blundergat.

It's great for spamming headshots by alternating both trigger buttons quickly, i.e. hold left trigger, tap right trigger, pop some heads, double tap and hold left again, repeat...

Because Electric Cherry is truly most effective with a weapon that reloads when the mag hits 0, if you don't have the Blundergat, you probably will get more from Deadshot strategically.

I like this perk-weapon combos they're making. EC + Blundergat was the first, now we have Vulture-Aid + Paralyzer. Good stuff. Perma Flopper is a great way to break up the boredom, at least.

I think they should keep the perma perks but stop removing the machines just to make them perma. I would rather be able to buy them when I want. All I would like to see is them add all the perks like in moon all of them wer there. Quick Revive, Speed Cola, Jugger-nog, Double Tap, PHD Flopper, Staminup, Mule Kick and Dead Shot Daquiri.

Persistent perks are annoying. Stick em in custom for challenges and beginners. Other than that like OP said either make a room with spinning circle and award people a persistent perk randomly for the game or during the mini boss round. Gaining/Losing PHD is super annoying tbh. And that tombstone and super jugg pfft don't get me started how OP they are.

Sorry if my opinion surprises/upsets anyone. Just my opinion again and you have your opinion.

I don't mind persistent perks, I just don't like that they have so many of them. I could be wrong about this but It seems like they have like 15-20 persistent perks right now. (Or that's found)

If they made it like where they put a certain amount of persistent perks in each map that would be a lot better. But the three, Transit, Die Rise, and Buried all have somewhat connected persistent perks..

Now I'll agree somewhat to what the original poster is saying, and that's only the fact that I get a green poof every other round. And sometimes I don't know what it is... Confusing really.

My idea would be like the icon you get for magic drops. Once you get a perma perk, why not put a little icon at the bottom of the screen like insta kill or double points? Hell they did it for the red insta kill. If you get perma jug or perma quick revive just put a little icon under their respective perks so you know you have it. And when it's gone you actually know when it's gone.. instead of hearing for a little sound everytime. Idk something little like that would make them and this game a lot better.

Someone's a little mad huh? I kid I kid, I actually agree with you, the Perma/Persistent/Whatever Perks are really annoying and really a waste of time, they are lost too easily and really serve no purpose honestly, so I do agree with you on that.

However, people seem to forget the reason they haven't made PHD buyable again is that it is riduclously overpowered, even more overpowered then Jugg, everyone I knew relied on PHD back in BO1, and it practically made them invincible at times, Treyarch wanted things to be a challenge and not easy, so they removed the OP perk and we now have to work to be good with Explosive Weapons, I like it, it's more fun that way.

They should have all machines on all levels, then its a case of what are the best 4 to choose from depending on what part you play in your team, or how you reach later rounds etc. It would add more to a game of zombies.

If i want a can of lemon fanta dont be forcing me into a sprite ok guys. I need to quench that thirst after a friday night beer. Dont even get me started on cheese and biscuits for desert....

I think they should keep the perma perks but stop removing the machines just to make them perma. I would rather be able to buy them when I want. All I would like to see is them add all the perks like in moon all of them wer there. Quick Revive, Speed Cola, Jugger-nog, Double Tap 2, PHD Flopper, Staminup, Mule Kick and Dead Shot Daquiri.

You need to add Tombstone, Who's Who, Electric Cherry, and Vulture Aid to that list.

I don't like persistent perks at all. The Jugg and Tombstone persistent perks are quite overpowering as way2go stated and honestly the Green flashes of constantly earning and losing them is getting annoying.

What I feel they should do is make new drops or at least add the Death Machine drop back in. Many of these perma perks could just be drops. The Deadshot persistent perk could be a drop that just multiply's bullet damage to the head by 1.5 for the normal limited time or make it so that headshots give an extra 50 points for that time.

They should have all machines on all levels, then its a case of what are the best 4 to choose from depending on what part you play in your team, or how you reach later rounds etc. It would add more to a game of zombies.

If i want a can of lemon fanta dont be forcing me into a sprite ok guys. I need to quench that thirst after a friday night beer. Dont even get me started on cheese and biscuits for desert....

Actually, I like this new perk system, some perks were useless on some maps, and no one bought them, they are putting perks on Map where they are useful (Deadshot on MoTD for Brutus, Stamin-Up on Tranzit and Buried because of the need to move around a lot), so they people use them, I actually don't mind this, I actually also don't mind each map having it's own special perk, makes each map unique and different.

Because even if there were x perks, the most popular would be Jugg, Speed, Double Tap, Mule Kick and PhD. Look how Deadshot Daiquiri was abandoned in Black Ops 1. Now you can choose between it and Electric Cherry in MotD.

Not me.. Juggernog, PhD, and Mustang Sally and I'm invincible. The other perks would come later, Speed, Double Tap, then Mule Kick.

Persistent perks are annoying. Stick em in custom for challenges and beginners. Other than that like OP said either make a room with spinning circle and award people a persistent perk randomly for the game or during the mini boss round. Gaining/Losing PHD is super annoying tbh. And that tombstone and super jugg pfft don't get me started how OP they are.

Sorry if my opinion surprises/upsets anyone. Just my opinion again and you have your opinion.

I totally agree.

The persistent upgrades are annoying because A) many it is guesswork or random as to how we get them and lose them (not all but some). B) it negates some of the strategy of choosing your perks. I thought that was part of the greatness of moon is that there were 8 perks and you had to choose which 4 you wanted. no perk bottles, just 4 perks unless you do the EE. and that is why that map trumps all IMO