Olympia Turning Into Ray Gun?

Thief

So does anyone know how to get this perma perk?. Some say you have to constantly buy the Olympia off the wall. While others say you have to draw all the chalk weapons, then buy them all. I'm not at my Xbox right now, so i can't like test it or anything. I don't wanna say just keep buying the Olympia over & over again every game, cause how does it know to automatically switch to a ray gun. Anyone have any leads on this PP?.

Video proof for Die Rise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewqcu9V8F40 (green mist) - Russman (solo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97t1DvN-EAE (green mist ) - Marlton (4 players)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhv9dwMYXo (greenmist) - Samuel (4 players)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zncgtcgy6i0 (greenmist) - solo - All 3 maps

(samuel / Marlton)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgKpyaVqeQ (4 players) ( No green mist? ) - Marlton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEoRcA33h4 ( No green mist? ) (solo) - Marlton

~way

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a hoax. To get this persistent upgrade you must not go past round 4 on buried. then buy the olympia. you will get a green flash and then you will get a raygun.

So you mean i have to buy olimpia before round 4 without going under ground or i have to end the game before round 4 and then start a new round and purchase immediately olympia ?

There are many theories going around about what causes this. The best one I've heard and assume to be true, you must not have made if past Round 4 entirely on a map. Even in Co Op or Solo, your highest round must be below 4 on a single map specifically. Meaning you've never played Die Rise before, it's round 2, and you buy ammo for your Olympia. When you buy your ammo, you are likely to get a Ray Gun.

Will anyone be able to test this? I know you can make accounts for free on PS3, so if someone would like to load of Die Rise or Buried, die on Round 1, then reload it and try for the Ray Gun?

There are many theories going around about what causes this. The best one I've heard and assume to be true, you must not have made if past Round 4 entirely on a map. Even in Co Op or Solo, your highest round must be below 4 on a single map specifically. Meaning you've never played Die Rise before, it's round 2, and you buy ammo for your Olympia. When you buy your ammo, you are likely to get a Ray Gun.

Will anyone be able to test this? I know you can make accounts for free on PS3, so if someone would like to load of Die Rise or Buried, die on Round 1, then reload it and try for the Ray Gun?

I highly doubt that theory about round 4.

in the above video MrRoflWaffles states this to be false as the guy he was playing with that got the ray gun had certainly been past round 4 on die rise before

The newest theory is that you have to have a low amount of tally marks to get the gun.

EverythingPiff shows one of his subs that hadn't played in a while receiving the ray gun after a while of playing.

edit: It was one of his sub's spare accounts that he hadn't played with for a while.

Like way2g00 said, this could be awesome for first room challenges. Along with the lsat I think a 30 could be achieved on buried... not totally sure but I bet someone could do it.

I just used my cousin's account that never played zombies and was able to get the ray gun off the wall. Here is the evidence. This supports EverythingPiff's theory that you need to not have any tallies to get this persitent perk

Lol

Guy 1: "Hey, wanna play some Zombies?"

Guy 2: "No, I can't. I'm gonna play a first-room challenge later this week."

Lol

Guy 1: "Hey, wanna play some Zombies?"

Guy 2: "No, I can't. I'm gonna play a first-room challenge later this week."

That made me laugh lol. I guess its another persitent perk to HELP players that haven't played in a while so they can get back to speed. I bet people complain though how they lose their rank since they want to play around with this persitent perk. lolz

Hmm, maybe if you're a higher rank, then you need to make it to a higher round with the Olympia to unlock it? I tried it on Die Rise using only the Olympia up to Round 9 and didn't get anything (I bought ammo for it every round). Must try higher!

Thinking about it, it might be that you don't even have to hold on to the Olympia, or only buy it or whatever. Maybe if you simply survived to a high round, and then at some point (say Round 40 or whatever) if you went to go buy the Olympia then it would instead give you a Ray Gun...seems plausible right (cause let's face it, who would normally buy an Olympia off of the wall on a high round?!)