Can we please get the definition of "endgame" right?

Taklok

Hi guys. I'm seeing a lot of the word endgame about here. It is an endgame, it's not an endgame, well I'm officially ending this.

From Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: end·game

Pronunciation: \ˈen(d)-ˌgām\

Function: noun

Date: 1881

: the stage of a chess game after major reduction of forces ; also : the final stage of some action or process

The Buried "endgame" is indeed a form of endgame. It doesn't necessarily have to end the game. It's similar to the concept of end game armor in an MMO. Getting it doesn't end the game for you, it's just very late in the game. Or near the end.

However, saying Buried Endgame is inaccurate I feel. It would be much more accurate to say the "Scheme Endgame" or something along those lines, as that's what it is.

So now that we got that out of the way, have fun killing zombies and completing the Scheme Endgame.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This mildly bothers me along with the term "Cutscene" to describe the INTROduction to the maps like Die Rise MOTD and Buried.

Cut-scene, there has to be something going on prior to cut away from, otherwise you are introducing something.

Sorry saw the chance and I took it :lol:

Why not call it the Series Finally? It's not the end of the Game but more of the Ending of the Story. On that note, we still have the last DLC to come out and we don't know what that will have. It would kind of suck if it didn't come with a Zombie Map seeing how Buried isn't really that big as the last two.