Are persistent perks making the game easy?

Am I the only one who thinks so? Sure you can lose them and sometimes work to get them but why were the put in?

On memory I only recall getting the Juggernog and Barrier ones. The barrier one.. Didn't really care much. But the Juggernog I did. This was back when it was just Trazit.

For me it removed the challenge of getting the power on and reaching the Town for the perk.

And do these also mean they're killing off perks? Like the persistent perk related Flopper. Notice they haven't had that perk in a story zombies map YET? And the Tombstone perk now... I don't recall them bring it back either.

Just a few opinions. What do you guys think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only persistent perks that I care about/concern myself with are the revive one (which I try to always have) and the headshot one (used to help me with the mid rounds).

I avoid the Jug one as I care about my stats, and I would rather use regular Juggernog.

They should not have added PHD back as a persistent perk, and that one that gets you your perks back should be removed. It messes up the game. But other than those two, I don't really think any of them are bad, and I think they're a cool little addition to the maps they're in.

Lets look at all the ones known so far.

Steel barriers- Does this really make the game easier? I gues if you are camping on the bus or in pack a punch but besides that I have never ran in a train area that required boarding up windows.

Carpenter pro- Another ok perk that is mainly for camping.

Juggernog pro- This one is maybe the only debatable persistent perk that makes the game easy. But the thing is, this persistent perk is supposed to only be for the people having a hard time.

Red insta kill- This one is fun to have but I really never see myself doing it. The way you have to get it pretty much makes the first two insta kills worthless so I don't think this makes the game easy.

cash back- This helps a lot... if you have it. Its a pain to get back and takes forever. And to retain it is SUPER hard in the higher rounds.

Half Price- This one is kinda out there. It lasts for the duration of a double points so I try to actually use my double points instead of buying stuff.

money shot- This involves missing a lot of shots with a pistol or killing zombies at a long range with a sniper. What does it do for us? Gives a little bit more money.

Perma revive- You could say this one makes the game easy but I just see it as a p=perk that helps if you are having a hard time.

Phd- This p-perk would be the only perk that I would say that makes the game easy. BUT, its restricted to one map which is extremely lame.

So all these persistent perks don't make the game super duper easy. What it actually does is make the game fun and gives you something to do during the more boring rounds. I don't think that persistent perks should be locked to custom games but I do feel that they should be locked to the game you earned it. That way you can't go down multiple times to get perma jug and then restart the game and still have it. That way perma perks like perma QR and perma JUG would only be gained in games that you would actually need them.

I don't know about too easy, but they are annoying as hell. when i'm playing just a leisurely game with a focus on killing zombies and in one round i see 3 random flashes of green light and 2 rounds later the sound of 5 upgrades being lost, and i never knew what I had in the first place? Making the game wayyyy too busy, I dont want to care about doing all these little tasks and mini-challenges to get these mystery light flashes, i just want to shoot the damn zombies

Perma perks do not make the game too easy for advanced players, it brings noobs a chance to POSSIBLY compeat in high rounds with more advanced players, if you're truely pro: Don't use them....

How can you possibly NOT use them? I mean that seriously, not incredulously. For example, I play a lot of Die Rise and it's always annoying when I try to put 8 shots into a zombie before a knife on round 2 only to have them die with about 5 shots due to a headshot or other power-increasing perk.

If you EARN the perk by playing the game NORMALLY, how can you play normally without getting the perks???

Whether you want them or not...

I think these should definitely be moved to only custom games, and to that point, they should be a feature that can be turned off.

Perma perks do not make the game too easy for advanced players, it brings noobs a chance to POSSIBLY compeat in high rounds with more advanced players, if you're truely pro: Don't use them....

How can you possibly NOT use them? I mean that seriously, not incredulously. For example, I play a lot of Die Rise and it's always annoying when I try to put 8 shots into a zombie before a knife on round 2 only to have them die with about 5 shots due to a headshot or other power-increasing perk.

If you EARN the perk by playing the game NORMALLY, how can you play normally without getting the perks???

Whether you want them or not...

I think these should definitely be moved to only custom games, and to that point, they should be a feature that can be turned off.

But that would take our developers away from making a grand final map, honestly we've gotten this far without this being a big deal... Plus who cares if you get a bit more amaze from headshots? Infact the only truely game changing-perks are ones you have to search out yourself to find....

Juggernog - you have to get that

Quick revive- you have to get that

Any Carpender type- Doesn't truely effect gameplay...

Phd- who purposely dolphin dives off everything?

Headshot- IMO it only makes the rounds go by faster,

There's no reason to tear away from the next map to simply move permaperks to custom games....

These p-perks were put into the game to make it fun. Don't worry about them. If you get them, then you get them. If you lose them, then you lose them. If you care about it then put some time into the game and find out what it actually does and what it doesn't do. If you don't care and just want to play a leisurely game, then just shoot the zombies and when a flash pops up be glad and when you lose it just keep shooting the zombies.

Persistent Jugg is the only thing making it easier. I'm fine with the rest.

Imo I think Jugg is too easy to get, and it's an advantage over other players.

Honestly if they would just add some icons to show you have them, and not carry over from previous games, I think they wouldn't get as much criticism. I mean having the bank and the fridge/weapon locker is enough for a carry over, but starting out with Jugg on round one without earning it is just ridiculous. :?

Personally, I like them. For me though, I just can't tell which ones I get. On Buried, I see the green puff smoke a lot. Sometimes several times a game (I am sure it's the perma perk smoke). I just don't know which ones I'm getting besides the obvious metal barriers/headshot perma perk.

Are persistent perks making the game easy?

Yes.

Are they making the game too easy?

Debatable. Perma-Jugg in combo with the already weird new Zombie ai (you can get out of crazy tight spots that would've downed you in BO1 and completely destroyed you in WAW) can be seen as OP.

The Perma-Tombstone is ridiculous, you go down you lose all your perks end of story.

They should've made it so that only new players could get this upgrade, making the game more noob-friendly while not too easy for the more hardcore players.

Some perks are hard to avoid, such as the PHD one on Buried. I've had that [and lost it] so many times without trying.