Tombstone perma perk confirmed.

way2g00d

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on round 70 with just quick revive and juggernog and went down and still had jug.

Mine was a co-op game I didn't have all my perks when I actually wanted it. Infest and I were camping in PAP room. I had only knuckles and Sallies and he had paralyser. I kept going down, and I only kept my perks once when I entered the mansion and the witch got me. I didn't get the perks when I went down right away I got it after I picked up the Perk bottle. May be it has something to do with perk bottle then? I will test a bit more today but I can safely say it I don't have it anymore, so I can try and re-obtain it.

I was on round 70 with just quick revive and juggernog and went down and still had jug.

Mine was a co-op game I didn't have all my perks when I actually wanted it. Infest and I were camping in PAP room. I had only knuckles and Sallies and he had paralyser. I kept going down, and I only kept my perks once when I entered the mansion and the witch got me. I didn't get the perks when I went down right away I got it after I picked up the Perk bottle. May be it has something to do with perk bottle then? I will test a bit more today but I can safely say it I don't have it anymore, so I can try and re-obtain it.

I didn't quite understand that. How exactly did you lose the upgrade?

I just discovered this perma-perk last night. Went down on round 23 in Die Rise, my friend picked me up and I had only lost my Quick Revive. No idea how I had gotten it, but hey, it has been very useful for those solo games on Buried. You guys can keep trying to figure out how to lose it if you want, personally I'm gonna spend my time figuring out how to keep it ;) :lol:

I didn't quite understand that. How exactly did you lose the upgrade?

Budha, I am not sure myself. I went down a couple times got my perks back. I think it was my 4th or 5th down that did not give me any perks. It was late so I did not analyze the game but I have it recorded and streamed. I'll share it here so we can analyze it.

I just discovered this perma-perk last night. Went down on round 23 in Die Rise, my friend picked me up and I had only lost my Quick Revive. No idea how I had gotten it, but hey, it has been very useful for those solo games on Buried. You guys can keep trying to figure out how to lose it if you want, personally I'm gonna spend my time figuring out how to keep it ;):lol:

The only reason I wanted to get rid of it is to restart and find out exactly how to get it. Some people reported that the normal way of achieving this doesn't work.

I just discovered this perma-perk last night. Went down on round 23 in Die Rise, my friend picked me up and I had only lost my Quick Revive. No idea how I had gotten it, but hey, it has been very useful for those solo games on Buried. You guys can keep trying to figure out how to lose it if you want, personally I'm gonna spend my time figuring out how to keep it ;):lol:

The only reason I wanted to get rid of it is to restart and find out exactly how to get it. Some people reported that the normal way of achieving this doesn't work.

Yeah, I was joking, I fully realize the purpose of figuring out how to lose it. It's so everyone can learn how to get it and to avoid losing it. Therefore, you could sorta call what you're doing a public service :D

How I lost my Persistent Tombstone perk. THis was last nights game play 2player custom game with InfestLithium.

(First down) - no perks

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/c/2561032

(Second down) - no perks

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/c/2561014

(Third down) - Got perks back.

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/c/2560999

Got an additional perk from witch.

(4th down) - All perks gone

http://www.twitch.tv/mwa2012/c/2560987

Here are possible reasons why I lost the Persistent tombstone.

1. I noticed Lithium used Cross Refribilator to revive me.

2. May be it is that I EARNED a perk from witch instead of BUYING it after going down.

3. Usage of time bombs (Don't think we used any of time bombs prior to my 4th down, so very less chances)

I strongly think its No. 2 "When you use a perk bottle from witch we lose it."

I always earn perks from the witch and I have had this for a lot of games without losing it.

Did you ever earn it before you bought your first 4. Any additional perks obtained from witch are okay as long as we buy the first 4(just an educated guess).

I'll re-test this again. Thanks for letting me know. It helped.

I don't think its cross defibrillator.

I have tested several different methods myself in Solo and Co-Op, Nothing seems to work, but then the second I stop trying, I somehow get it? this perk is weird.

The thing is you don't always see the green flash or mist (whatever you wanna call it...) But you will start seeing the effects if you do it right.

I have tested several different methods myself in Solo and Co-Op, Nothing seems to work, but then the second I stop trying, I somehow get it? this perk is weird.

The thing is you don't always see the green flash or mist (whatever you wanna call it...) But you will start seeing the effects if you do it right.

That's true, I just wish they did something similar to what they did with the Red Insta Kill and showed some kind of icon on screen to indicate you had a persistent perk. would be so much more helpful

Hmm, I've gone down and then gotten free perks from the witch and not lost it. I've also gotten free perks then gone down and still not lost it. In fact, in my most recent game I went down like 6 times, with my total number of perks fluctuating quite a bit (I only got revived like half of the time, so went down to no perks a few times), but I still never lost the upgrade.

Here's my thought (and it's something that's rarely, if ever, happened to me yet): you maybe lost it from going down multiple times without having any perks. Of course, even if that's true, you didn't lose it straight away after that happened (as indicated by your 3rd down), so maybe going down without any perks (and maybe not getting revived too?) triggers the chance to lose the upgrade, and after that, if you go down too many times you lose it.

Or I dunno maybe you're right about losing it if you go down when you have 4 or more perks, and you hadn't bought 4 of those perks. I thought I'd already had that scenario happen to me before, but I could be wrong.

Still, we have our first video evidence of someone actually losing this upgrade though. At least now we know it can happen to you! *que ominious music* dun dun dun!

• 2 weeks later...

-you lose the perma perk if someone uses the defib to get you up.

Question:

Playing solo. Have 5 perks. Go down. Get 4 back. Now no QR. Try to buy it. No go. If you go to the witches do you get it automatically? You could see how this could suck. No QR. Game over if you go down. Having to hit the witches repeatedly to get it back.

-you lose the perma perk if someone uses the defib to get you up.

Question:

Playing solo. Have 5 perks. Go down. Get 4 back. Now no QR. Try to buy it. No go. If you go to the witches do you get it automatically? You could see how this could suck. No QR. Game over if you go down. Having to hit the witches repeatedly to get it back.

The best thing to do is have all 7 perks constantly. Then when you go down you can get qr instantly. Or you can always have 6 and when you go down do the trick to get 2 back so you have qr.

Not sure of i can help. I've had this almost as long as buried had Bern out. I told my buddy about it, he didn't have it at first, but then later obtained it somehow. There is so many green poofs in any given game. When you go down in mp you lose the last perk that you got only. So buy mule kick early.

Speaking of mk, it seems that we are back to losing the third gun slot again. In die rise, after a patch, you would lose the second gun even though you had it before you bought mk.

OhTreyarch. Hire people with programming skills... Just saying.