Your Favourite Map With...

So this thread will be just for asking the community what their favourite map is for certain elements of a map. The categories are:

-Favourite layout?

-Favourite starting room?

-Favourite map with the best wall weapons?

-Favourite map with the best Wonder Weapon(s)?

-Favourite way to access the Pack-a-Punch?

-Favourite map with the best traps?

-Favourite map with the best special enemy(enemies)?

-Favourite way to get the Free Perk power-up?

I'll start.

-Favourite layout?

Der Riese. I really enjoyed Nightfire's layout from WaW, so this map was already amazing. Perks were in places that made sense while still being difficult to access at times. Teleporters were a great way to escape. There were so many places to hold out with when playing co-op. It was just an amazing map overall.

Buried's Processing. I like how it looks and feels. It might not be the best area for holding out, but it still gives me that good vibe whenever I play it. Also, purchasable LSAT.

Die Rise/Buried. I can't decide which of these I like more, because they both feature the same great wall weapons. I'd have to give the edge to Buried though, if only for the chance to purchase the LSAT.

Moon. The Zap Gun/Wave Gun is my favourite WW by far, and the fact that it is a dual wield weapon that changes into a microwave gun, it feels like two amazing weapons in once amazing package.

Ascension. I chose Ascension mainly because of the ability to blow up the rocket with the Ray Gun. It's also fairly simple to accomplish, while at the same time challenging if you're not careful.

Buried. I count the buildables as traps for this one, and by god, does this map ever take the cake. It features three ways of killing zombies, all of them efficient and fun to do.

Shi No Numa/Der Riese/Kino Der Toten/Moon/Town Survival. Really, you can't go wrong with Hellhounds.

Call of the Dead. It just felt so rewarding after killing George. Getting the free perk just made it even more awesome.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

-Favourite layout?

Call of the Dead without a doubt. Moon comes in close second, but CotD has always had my heart. I love wide open areas not just for training, but for utilizing the environment to my advantage (i.e. icy waters, ziplines, shortcuts). Every perk machine and interactive object is spaced out perfectly so there is no ultimate hotspot to clear high rounds. It seriously calls for steady teamwork and great communication if you are not slaying solo.

Once again, Call of the Dead takes the cake. The biggest spawn up until Area 51. You could practically stay within that area forever if you don't mind haggling with George from time to time.

I am going to stick with Resolution 1925 on this one. It took every element from all the prior DLCs (minus the M1927) and clustered them all into one map. Those chalk drawings are just fascinating to play around with. Where else can I have an Ak74u and an SVU within the same area?

You can't go wrong with Moon's Zap Gun Dual Wield and the Zap Cannon. If dual-wielding Wunderwaffes and imploding zombies does put you on the edge of your seat, then you are on the edge of bullshit.

Good lawdy, Kino der Toten comes to mind first. You are given a nice little interval to Pack-a-Punch as many weapons as you like while giving yourself room to not be attacked by zombies. Plus, throwing grenades down from the balcony is so much fun. Do you even 'nade, bro?

Alcatraz Island. AI really had it going with map traps (acid sprinkler, sniper tower, fan saw). While it lacked the typical buildables that we are used to, it made up for it in this pre-set traps that ultimately aid us in clearing the hordes. Have you ever upgraded the sniper tower? So much fun at such a little price.

Alcatraz Island once more with Brutus. This monolithic beast can lock basically any kind of contraption he could get his grubby hands on, and take you down with a few swipes of his baton. Not to mention, free power drops galore! When on the Golden Gate Bridge, it's ridiculously fun to wipe a good 5-6 of them at the same time.

As much as I hate to admit it, Resolution 1925 calls out to me for this one. It's not so much a suicide mission to try and obtain the perks themselves, but there is a trade-off for clearing out the ghosts. If you can hold off well, then you will win both your current points and a new perk. It's not easy, but not ridiculously difficult either. It always keeps me well aware of what is going on.

-Favourite layout?

Easily Der Riese. As you said, the perks are in great places, LOVED Nightfire, and I really liked the idea of the factory.

Ascension, because that big ol' centrifuge always caused some chaotic fun with my friends.

Die Rise, because it introduced two of my favorites, the AN-94 and SVU.

Shi No Numa or Moon. The wave gun because it could be ripped into two, and had two very different effects, and Shi No introduced the Wunderwaffe!

Der Riese. I like how linking the TP's accomplished two things at once, activating the teleporter and getting closer to PAP!

Mob of the dead. Introduced the Acid and Fan traps.

Gotta give this to Shangri-La. I always wondered If 3arc would add mutations to these basic zombies.

I always liked the challenge of it on Ascension.

-Favourite layout?

Wow, where to start. For me it's a toss up between Moon and Buried. Each are unique in that they bother cater to any style of play for surviving long rounds. Buried gets the slight edge for the maze. It adds a degree of difficulty to surviving, no windows to fix, one available perk that unless you have the space for it or got it for free isn't helpful. And once you've pack a punched your weapons, that's it unless you get a fire sale. It's as close to a bare bones area to survive. Plus it always changes, brilliant. I really did love that once you're used to the anti gravity Moon it can either help or hinder you.

Five. I just love the layout. Great for building points for getting to the lower levels. That element of getting to kills zombies in one of the most secure buildings on the planet is really cool to me. Once you start it really a had that authentic 1960's Americana feel to it.

Die Rise. I love always having at least one wall weapon in my load out for access to ammo when I get to higher rounds and max ammos become more scarse. Having Mule Kick really helps with this, that way I can pull a gun from the box, carry the Sliquifier and have a decent weapon (AN-94, AK-74U or PDW-57) with access to ammo when I need it. The same can be said for Buried, but Die Rise brought this combo of wall weapons and Mule Kick first, plus I love the map.

Moon or Shangri-La. Who doesn't love shrinking a horde of zombies and then just punting them across the map. Then there's dual wielding a WW, that puffs up a horde of zombies until they eventually float until the explode. Just pure fun for both.

Tranzit and Mob of the Dead. For Tranzit, I love that your have to have great timing and know what you're doing. Also you can't just leave a crawler alive, again, there's that added level of difficulty I crave in maps. While most find this map shitty and annoying, I like that the maps mechanics force you to hurry, you can't just be a trainer to do it, you have to act responsibly and think before you just do what's easy. For MOTD, again, a range of difficulty. You have to accomplish elements of the story to access it, and when you do it feels that much better.

Shangri-La. The mud pit and spike traps don't cost you points and can come in handy in a pinch while also not totally benefitting you sometimes, plus Shangri-La is just a brilliant map. While most don't like it because it doesn't cater to the incredibly popular training technique the way other maps do, I love that aspect. The eight perks give you plenty of variations for what you choose to go with, PaP requires you to actually do something within the map to access and the more you play it the more you get used to the layout and steps required to be successful on it. While most just shrugged it off because of its difficulty I played it more and more and enjoy it every time.

Shangri-La and Moon. Multiples kinds of special enemies that effect the way you play and have consequences for getting to close. Max ammos are great and all, but if you're really desperate for ammo, there are wall weapons.....and Mule Kick.

Moon. Great Easter Egg, phenomenal reward. Once you're done the EE it is so much fun to just run around from area to area with all eight perks. This is when I'll just start taking whatever the box gives me, even if its crap, it's fun to see how long you can last with a China Lake, Dragunov and Spectre rather than just doing high round with LMGs. I like to challenge myself, makes the game far more fun and interesting.

I didn't choose any WaW maps for simple reasons. While they're all good in their own rights, the crap zombie AI and hit or miss knife mechanics in WaW can be frustrating and ruin your experience. Kino and Ascension are just too easy to really stand out for me. Call of the Dead has a great EE, great WWs and a fantastic layout....but having to babysit George most of the time is extremely annoying. It's not a difficulty thing, and the reward for killing him is pretty good, maybe not worth all the points and ammo you spend to do it though. It's that when you do finally kill him, he just eventually comes back and you're back to taking care of him anytime you or a teammate need to do anything. Plus I get sick of his quotes after a while....just annoying.

Favorite layout-

I'd have to either give it to Great Leap Forward, or Alcatraz Island.

Both are great mixtures of outrageously tight spaces, and nice open areas. Using the Trample Steam to leap across giant gaps in Die Rise is endlessly fun, and just traveling through Alcatraz, or hearing the thematic music cue up as you activate the gondola is always great as well.

Favorite Starting Room-

Moon. No Mans Land is the greatest thing ever. However since it's almost it's own unique thing, if I had to pick a "regular" starting area, I'd go with Verruckt specifically for Co-op, the split start is great, and something I wish they had played around with more. Der Riese is always memorable with the hidden radio, and other visible easter eggs viewable straight away.

Favorite map with the best wall weapons-

Resolution 1925 definitely. The placeable weapon outlines, and the PDW, AN-94, and SVU are all just great options to have.

Although, I do miss guns like the STG and Tompson and Trench Gun from the W@W maps.

Map with the best wonder weapons-

Oh gosh... it may just be because it is new, but the Paralyzer has stolen my heart. Infinite ammo, the ability to fly, and if you're particularly skilled, help your teammates to fly, and of course burn through zombies is just an amazing package. Plus I love the design.

Although I loved the Sliquifier, I just wish it wasnt always a scramble to find the last piece and then pretending like you didnt have it until everyone else left. Even after it was nerfed, it is still a very powerful wonder weapon if you use it right. I understand it stops OHKing at 100, but honestly if I make it to 1000, I'll be perfectly fine with anything that is thrown at me.

Also, Moon with the QED, Gersh, and Wave Gun was great. That was equipment/tactical heaven.

aaand Call of the Dead is often forgotten, the Scavenger was cool, and the Hyena Infra-Dead had the best scope in all of call of duty. Also it made an awesome sound when you fired it. The VR-11 was also underrated. What other gun could "cure" a zombie, and turn your partners into Vrill powered Juggernauts. Seriously, get the VR-11 and just empty the entire gun's worth of ammo into your partner. They will be invincible. Do that pack-a-punched, and I'd be surprised if you told me they werent able to single handedly carry your 4 man team.

Okay I'm done.

Favorite way to access the Pack-a-punch-

Der Riese/ascension (they were practically the same). It made it not ridiculously easy, but still not a pain in the ass, like Shangri-la or Moon or MotD or Die Rise or TranZit . All of those took too much repeat preparation in my opinion. Especially if you like to play with randoms, as I do. Except Die Rise. Die Rise is there because I've had too many bad experiences with the Pack a Punch leaving with my gun still inside.

Map with the best traps-

Resolution 1925 has some awesome buildable traps. The head Chopper is great. Otherwise, I've always felt sentimental about Kino Der Totens electric traps and the theater auto-turret.

Map with the best Special Enemies-

I loved the concept behind Shangri-la's enemies, but they did get annoying sometimes. I personally loved the hectic nature of the Monkey Rounds on ascension. It was a pain (for me) on solo, but co-op was great for that. Also the concept of the Ghosts in Buried is cool, having them drain your precious points doesnt make them awful game ruiners, but it still adds an element of risk in engaging them.

Best way to get the free perk bottle-

Buried, fighting the ghost ladies isnt terrbile, but it isnt necessary something you'll have happen all the time without actually trying.

Killing George was always memorable too.

I've got a new one for anyone who would like to answer it.

Map with the best environment/atmosphere.

Mob of the Dead. The Satanic shrines, hanging corpses, and thematic music just grips me everytime I play, along with the eeriely chilling hidden song and fun easter egg song, and complete remake of the mystery box just takes the cake.

although after thinking about it, Shangri-La is just beautiful to look at. The sunset, strange mountains in the distance, sunset, eclipse, decaying temples, and decaying monkeys are majestic.

-Favourite layout?

Der Riese. Just so simple but great fun at the same time

Ohhh that's a tricky one. Buried is interesting because technically the starting room is where you can go without paying for door and you can get to almost anywhere if you count that. I'd have to say Call of the Dead because it wasn't just your simple 4 barriers in and indoor environment and we saw some first room riser spots.

Die Rise. It has the PDW-57 which is just epic, the AN-94 which is also amazing with the ammo capacity especially PaP'd and the SVU-AS which is the first ever sniper off the wall which has a big clip size and pretty powerful.

I'm tied between Moon and Die Rise. On Moon you get two mini WunderWaffes and a Microwave gun. On Die Rise you get the Sliquifier which is amazing for high rounds and also hilarious to watch zombies hit the deck and you also get both ray guns. Can't decide, they're both just as good.

I have to go with Buried. You have so many risks to take to just get there and keep your points. First you must make your way through the mansion where you can lose the points to Pack-A-Punch, then you need to navigate through the maze which can change every time you go through, whilst battling zombies unless you gave Leroy(or Huckleberry, or Simple Jack, whatever) a crawler. Then you make it down the stairs and you can now Pack-A-Punch. What a challenge.

Mob of the Dead. What fun I've had 'acidizing' zombies or splattering intestines on the wall with the fan trap or quickscoping the undead remotely, what's more fun?

I suppose the flogger but oh well.

Shangri-La. Makes training hard because the shreaker paralyzes you and the napalm zombie set you alight

Die Rise. You actually had to work for the free perk and you could only do it once per four-five rounds. Fair enough, in Pub matches it's annoying as hell because people just shoot to troll but with some experienced players or solo it's great

Favourite layout?

Call of the Dead. That map just flows together so well. The traversal features (ice slide, bouncer and the ziplines) were really fun to use. I've seen people get cross map revives using them. The accessible lighthouse was fun to kill Zombies in and running around the ship was always pretty intense.

Favourite starting room?

Moon. Area 51, on a mythological level, was really sweet to be in. Being in a spawn area with PaP, Jug/Speed Cola and a teleporter was a great surprise.

I have to say though, I loved being split up in Verruckt. Forcing a heightened level of teammwork on each pair of players made the first few rounds on that slightly different than usual. I hope the idea is expanded upon in the future.

Favourite map with the best wall weapons?

Die Rise. AN94, PDW and the SVU are unbelievably great weapons. You can just grab an AN94 early on and that's it. You'll be set for a significant amount of rounds.

Favourite map with the best Wonder Weapon(s)?

Moon. The Wave Gun, QED and the Gersch Device are always welcome in my book :D

Favourite way to access the Pack-a-Punch?

Kino Der Toten. Very simple, very cool. Being up top, completely safe and then possibly getting a power up in a random room (based on the lore) was a neat idea.

Favourite map with the best traps?

Mob of the Dead. I absolutely love the sniper trap. Upgrading it to the rocket trap was just the coolest thing ever.

Favourite map with the best special enemy(enemies)?

Shangri-La. My sig gives it away. The naplam boss had such a presence. He has that bad-ass thing going on. The stare and slow walking speed. Plus, free fire trap when you kill him! The shrieker was.....different. Admittedly a huge annoyance, I thought he was still an interesting Zombie. I liked his appearance.

-Favourite layout?

Die Rise, I liked how it was so differant to any other map, Ascension is my fave horizontal map layout

Ascension, even though when Buried comes out on ps3 it might become top

Die Rise, the box is never visited.

Call of the dead or Mob of the dead. Because of the VR11 and the Vit With

MotD. Icarus FLY

MotD. Off with your head

Tranzit, I hate Him, but he is awesome

Die Rise monkeys, it's just a free round, free 2000 points and a free perk.

So this thread will be just for asking the community what their favourite map is for certain elements of a map. The categories are:

-Favourite layout?

I'll start.

-Favourite layout?

Der Riese. I really enjoyed Nightfire's layout from WaW, so this map was already amazing. Perks were in places that made sense while still being difficult to access at times. Teleporters were a great way to escape. There were so many places to hold out with when playing co-op. It was just an amazing map overall.

Buried's Processing. I like how it looks and feels. It might not be the best area for holding out, but it still gives me that good vibe whenever I play it. Also, purchasable LSAT.

Die Rise/Buried. I can't decide which of these I like more, because they both feature the same great wall weapons. I'd have to give the edge to Buried though, if only for the chance to purchase the LSAT.

Moon. The Zap Gun/Wave Gun is my favourite WW by far, and the fact that it is a dual wield weapon that changes into a microwave gun, it feels like two amazing weapons in once amazing package.

Ascension. I chose Ascension mainly because of the ability to blow up the rocket with the Ray Gun. It's also fairly simple to accomplish, while at the same time challenging if you're not careful.

Buried. I count the buildables as traps for this one, and by god, does this map ever take the cake. It features three ways of killing zombies, all of them efficient and fun to do.

Shi No Numa/Der Riese/Kino Der Toten/Moon/Town Survival. Really, you can't go wrong with Hellhounds.

Call of the Dead. It just felt so rewarding after killing George. Getting the free perk just made it even more awesome.

Can we add favorite EE to this too?

ok..

Favorite layout - Ascension. It had all the elements from a great map, camping spots, trainable areas, unique scenery and areas. this map rekindled my zombie love after being quite disappointed by Kino.

Favorite starting room - also Ascension. the centrifuge was so fun... plus its all black and white which was SUCH a surprise the first time you load it up.

Favorite map for wall weapons - Die Rise. there are so many of them scattered about there is always one close, however if you go too far past one, you probably can't retreat back to it without going around the whole map again. love the SVU too. and AN-94. Honorable mention goes to Call of the Dead with the MP-40 there on the boat and AK74u on the lighthouse.

Map with best Wonder Weapon - has to be Moon with the Zap/Wave gun. although Buried and the Paralyzer/Petrifier are quickly ascending up the list

Favorite way to access Pack-a-Punch - Moon. Going back to NML and having to take turns PaP'ing while avoiding zombies and hellhounds... especially after the EE and it looks like the Earth has gone to complete shit. So awesome.

Map with best Traps - Not a whole lot to choose from really here, but I'll go with Shi No Numa for the flogger. Try to tell me that's not the most menacing looking trap in zombies history

Favorite map for special enemies - Ill go with Call of the Dead for George Romero. partly because he is the zombie king, but also because of the challenge but awesome reward for disposing of him.

Favorite way to get free perk - As hard as it was I loved the challenge of getting a free perk out of a max ammo drop on Shangri La. really had to make a decision between the chance of a free perk, and the almost constant desire of maximum ammunition.

Favorite EE - I have to say Moon. Although I have a feeling they will top that with the last dlc for black ops 2, It is just to awesome watching those rockets hit the earth from space. Plus it was challenging yet fun to complete as well, as opposed to the black ops 2 EE's which I find tedious and mostly boring

-Favourite layout?

Actually, Moon. Just the ability to rack up points and then head off and float around in the biodome or camp on the moon surface next to the teleporters.

Once again, Moon. Racking up points and obtaining Juggernog and PaP before Round 1, can't beat it.

I'm gonna go back and say Der Riese. Always thought the WWII era weapons were better.

Der Riese and Shi No Numa with the DG-2.

"Five". Admit it, pulling DefCon switches was awesome.

Mob of the Dead. Acid sprinkler, 'nuff said.

Shangri-La with those little Drop stealing monkeys. They looked cool, weren't hard to beat, and could even give you a free perk.

Shangri-La. Hey, just let them cycle through the drops and hope you get lucky.

-Favourite map atmosphere?

Mob of the Dead hands down. Just the creepy feel of it, the shrines, the ambient music, everything.

-Favorite EE/Side Quest?

Moon. Blowing up the Earth just felt satisfying.

Layout---- Deffiantly Moon, my favorite map ever, because of the simple design and exellent point building areas....

Starting room: Shangri la, I loved the design of the whole thing, it was a death trap to its end, like it should be!

Wall weapons?: Buried, the SVU,(headshots) An94(High round points), and PDW (low round points) that you can place wherever you want? Heck yeah!

Wonder weapon: Shangri la. No doubt! So many times durring the Easter egg I would say: If you can't get this right I will kick a baby! LOLOLOLOL

Pack a punch: Mob of the dead: An amazing plane ride to a nice simple place with eletric chairs...... And a pack a punch....

Traps: Ascension: Giant spinning monstrosity anyone?

Special zombies: Moon: I loved the causmonauts with your friend's names.....

Free perk: Call of the dead: Flopp on George a few times and BAM both a wunder waffe and a free perk!

Atmosphere: I really like the atmosphere of ascension, what with the black and white everything... So pretty...

Favorite side quest: You know I'm going to have to go with tranzit.... LOLOL NO! JK.... Whew.... Yeah I really liked moon's it wasn't too hard, you got all perks, and at the end of the day you got to destroy the whole damn earth....

-Favourite layout?

Der Reise everything about that map is just perfect, Perks are in a great spot, it's not too small but it's not too big, it's just right

Probably. NACHT DER UNTOTEN Yes I fucking said it, I love that tiny little house to pieces

Die Rise or Buried so many good darn Wall Guns, it's amazing, through I will give this to Buried because of the LSAT, Der Reise is a close third

Shi No Numa/Der Reise/Call of the Dead Wonder Waffle bitches!!!! can't beat the classics

Moon/No Man's Land The Thrill of the Threat of Dying on No Man's Land and the rush to get the Pack a Punch was amazing

Mob of the Dead for sure, Acid Trap, Fan Trap and Sniper Tower, epic

SNN/Der Reise/Kino/Moon Can't go wrong with Hellhounds for sure

Probably Ascension just love killing those little monkey bastards. don't you steal my Juggernog!

-Favourite layout?

Moon because the map was huge, the excavators were a pain In the ass, and you can't beat zero gravity zombie pwnage.

Ascension, dat centrifuge. Probably best map to do a no doors challenge ever.

Buried, no competition. Has way too much variety

"Five" uhm hello... Winters howl/fury? Best wonder weapon ever and keep praying they'll bring it back but perfected. Also any map the gersch device was on.

Once again "five" just flip the switches and jump in...if you got the balls too.

Call of the dead, who needs traps when you have a team mate and a vr-11. Also mob with the avid and tower traps.

Moon and the teleporting perk stealing cosmonaut who gives you nothing for killing him.

Defending perks from monkeys on ascension and ghost house on buried.

-Favourite layout?

Der Riese. It just feels like a really balanced map. It doesn't have those dead end areas that most of the newer maps seems to have, it has some narrow place but mainly it's wide open and awesome with good spawn points.

Die Rise. Easy to get free perks, crawler rounds, and onlympia is awesome with double tap and speed cola. Very risky but nice train too.

Mob of the Dead. Weapons are spread out perfectly around the map, some guns have multiples so you can get ammo easier, and the remmington and b23r cost less money :)

Die Rise. I absolutely love the Sliquifier, once you un-patch to its glory days, it is amazing!

Town. Just kidding, I like Der Riese and Ascension where it's always open you just gotta run over there and upgrade, but I also like Kino and Shang where you activate something then you can upgrade worry free.

Kino. Theres just so many traps on this map you can't go wrong

Tranzit. The electric guy is nice and easy to take out.

Buried. So easy to get the free perks on this map, you can have all perks by round 1!