New sniping perma-perk! Point Scope

bakernator

This new perma-perk offers a 300 point bonus per kill made with a sniper. It is obtained by killing distant zombies with a sniper. An easy way to get this in co-op is to have one person run a train in front of the chalk room and have the other snipe it from juggernog. This perk is lost by hip firing or missing several shots in a row.

This is a video confirmation of the new perk, it's low quality but it shows me getting the new perk and demonstrates its effect.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing.

I really don't see a benefit of this perma-perk unless I am playing Search and destroy with zombies. It seems idiotic.

Just my opinion.

People that snipe in zombies probably love it. I like it cause they actually catered a Persistent perk to a certain type of gun. I don't think they've done that before.

Thanks for sharing.

I really don't see a benefit of this perma-perk unless I am playing Search and destroy with zombies. It seems idiotic.

Just my opinion.

Obviously you haven't used the DSR in zombies. PaP'd it's a monster and one shots for a long time and you get Iron Sights making it even better.

Cool, if nothing else it should help with building up some points in the earlier rounds. I'm guessing it would carry through to a new game as long as you didn't lose it...?

It carries between games, just like all the other perma-perks I'm aware of.

The keyword is "distant"

I don't know about you guys, but I usually make use of the DSR up close, so I can hit 3+ with one bullet.

Shooting the distant zombies is how you unlock it, but once it's unlocked it will work at any range.

I actually think this upgrade will be helpful in lower rounds. You can get 1000 points for drawing up the SVU, then 300 points per kill? You'll have every door opened in just a few rounds.

It's more than 300 points per kill. You get 300 points for using the sniper and then more points for the kill itself, so head shots actually award 400 points.

Oh this will be fun :twisted:

Can't wait until Buried come to the PS3. I will take use of this for a long time. I like using snipers, but I find myself quickly finding something fully auto. Perhaps this will change the tides.