Map Creators?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

So there is no actual proof of how the campaign team is responsible for any zombie map at all?

This honestly confused me ever since people have been talking about it.

Today I did read a post where someone said that the campaign team is going to make the final map and that confused me even more.

I can now safely say that the zombies team made every single map, yes?

So there is no actual proof of how the campaign team is responsible for any zombie map at all?

This honestly confused me ever since people have been talking about it.

Today I did read a post where someone said that the campaign team is going to make the final map and that confused me even more.

I can now safely say that the zombies team made every single map, yes?

Yes. The Zombies team definitely made all the maps. Did they get help? Maybe. Who knows. A good developer knows his resources. Perhaps they enlisted help. But what is CERTAIN is that the Zombies guys DID work on it. If anything, it wasn't JUST the campaign team. And I think the whole campaign team rumor thing is just ridiculous at how widespread it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the campaign team were infact working on MotD.

In the pre-release trailers, the people talking for the interviews were from the campaign side of things, not Jimmy/Reza/Vahn.

Rare mentions of the map from Jimmy/Reza on Twitter/Press interviews.

Rumors that turned out to be mostly correct also mentions how MotD was definitely made by the campaign team. Apparently Activision wanted these map packs out sooner and the Zombies team needed more time. They told them what to do for the story and then went back to DLC3/4 development.

I swear I remember reading an interview with someone at Treyarch and he blatantly said it was definitely made by the campaign team. I can't seem to find it now though.

Not pointing fingers though. You can't deny it's a little suspicious though.

It's safe to say the Zombies Team made most if not all the maps.

In case of Call of the Dead, Shangri-La, Moon and possibly other dlc maps, they had help from Raven Software (audio, concept art, 3D modeling, scripting etc) . Also it's safe to assume that the Campaign team (partially) designed and made Mob of the Dead.

It's safe to say the Zombies Team made most if not all the maps.

In case of Call of the Dead, Shangri-La, Moon and possibly other dlc maps, they had help from Raven Software (audio, concept art, 3D modeling, scripting etc) . Also it's safe to assume that the Campaign team (partially) designed and made Mob of the Dead.

I agree with this line of reasoning. These things are a work of art. They take a whole lot of resources. I mean, some things, obviously had to be contract out. The opening cinematic, for example, that went to the cinematic department. (Or whatever they happen to call it.)