A Possible Effect from the latest Patch...

Alright, let me tell you a story. A few days ago, FriendoLithium and I tried re-doing the TranZit side quest in favour of Richtofen, as we had already completed it for Maxis. However, for the life of us, we could not get Richtofen to speak when we turned on the power. We discounted it as either being a glitch, or that perhaps we were "locked in" to Maxis with Buried being out and all.

Yet, just last night, we attempted to re-do the Mob of the Dead side quest in favour of breaking the cycle, seeing as how I had inadvertently continued it in a previous game with randoms. But, once again, we couldn't complete it, for the numbers on the ticker in the stairwell weren't clicking after our third (and fourth) trip to the GG Bridge.

Our thoughts on this is that in the latest patch, it is now impossible to complete a side quest with less than four players. Has anyone else experienced this lately?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, let me tell you a story. A few days ago, FriendoLithium and I tried re-doing the TranZit side quest in favour of Richtofen, as we had already completed it for Maxis. However, for the life of us, we could not get Richtofen to speak when we turned on the power. We discounted it as either being a glitch, or that perhaps we were "locked in" to Maxis with Buried being out and all.

Yet, just last night, we attempted to re-do the Mob of the Dead side quest in favour of breaking the cycle, seeing as how I had inadvertently continued it in a previous game with randoms. But, once again, we couldn't complete it, for the numbers on the ticker in the stairwell weren't clicking after our third (and fourth) trip to the GG Bridge.

Our thoughts on this is that in the latest patch, it is now impossible to complete a side quest with less than four players. Has anyone else experienced this lately?

Yes, yesterday my 2 friends and I had a go at Tranzit's tower of babble. We intended to do Richtofen's side. We had turned on the power and after Maxis finished his beginning quote about turning off the power Richtofen didn't talk. We played a couple rounds only to have Richtofen to stay quiet until we gave up. Someone was Samuel and he sweared Richtofen didn't say a word.

I did the Richtofen EE on friday. I had previously done maxis EE, so I know you're not "locked in". We couldn't do the EMP part with 2 people, had to have all 4 players with EMP's. I hope you don't need 4 for MOTD, I enjoy doing that EE with 2 players.

So this is my problem, then…

We were attempting to do the Richtofen side for Green Run, and had our two people already with Richtofen join in late, which probably messed it up.

My friend was samuel in buried and was trying to do the easter egg solo. He got all the way to the floating wisp and heard richtofen speak every word. Maybe you can hear him solo but if you have 2 or 3 players he will not speak?

You can do every step up until the

Round infinity step, then it won't let you go into round infinity.

I don't know about being locked in, I watched some friends of mine yesterday (that were previously on maxis side) and after pushing the button they went and marathoned the Richtofen side in about 6 hours. So it shouldn't be locking you in, and most definitely shouldn't be requiring 4 people for MotD, you can do MotD solo all the way up til the last step and have a person join and finish it (did this myself since my wife sometimes doesn't want to do all the steps) lol it's possible that maybe one of the steps with the spoon got glitched? Cause if you don't do all that extra crap before the third trip alot of times it'll not start the ticker step.