8th Perk?

Thief

People are saying that there's a secret 8th perk & that it allows you, while going down, to still keep all perks except quick revive. Now my friend told me to get it, get 4 perks, keep going into the mansion & killing the ghost lady until you get 7 perks, go back into the mansion & she'll drop a perk bottle, when you pick it up, it'll activate this perma perk thing, but iv'e done that same exact thing multiple times & nothing, i still loose everything upon going down.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are saying that there's a secret 8th perk & that it allows you, while going down, to still keep all perks except quick revive. Now my friend told me to get it, get 4 perks, keep going into the mansion & killing the ghost lady until you get 7 perks, go back into the mansion & she'll drop a perk bottle, when you pick it up, it'll activate this perma perk thing, but iv'e done that same exact thing multiple times & nothing, i still loose everything upon going down.

I think it's if you go in the Mansion and not get touched once you'll get this. But it's not a perk, also you only lose one perk when you go down.

The 7 perk thing is only for when you do the easter egg. Once you complete it, only in that game even if you go down, you keep all your perks.

I think it's if you go in the Mansion and not get touched once you'll get this. But it's not a perk, also you only lose one perk when you go down.

The 7 perk thing is only for when you do the easter egg. Once you complete it, only in that game even if you go down, you keep all your perks.

Wait wait wait. I'm so confused. Are you thinking of what i'm talking about as the easter egg thing?. Cause you can get 7 perks w/o doing the easter egg & i watched my friends video & yes he did get hit, but still got it.

It's not a perk, but some kind of persistent upgrade. Once you have obtained it, it will clear the last perk you purchased or the non-essential one. Some have said that getting the candy and then buying your perks causes this.

Idk bro. All i know is that when i watched my friend's recent game. All he did was buy all 4 perks. He kept going back into the mansion for the others. And finally when he got them, he went back in a again, picked up the bottle & that bottle activated it. He wasn't holding candy, or booze, or anything. I then went & tried that same exact thing & nothing. So i figured i'd come here, maybe someone here knew how to get it.

I think it is a persistent perk, but you get it by getting the 8th bottle.. You can only have 7 perks, so it give you a persistent perk of only losing one when you go down. How you lose the upgrade, I don't know.

Gaycandybacon - You said you get it by going down in the mansion without getting hit.. How can you go down in the mansion without getting hit? You go down when you have zero points and the hits cause damage. No other WAY to go down.

I can confirm that you don't need to complete the EE to have 7 perks. So the question is what's the other perk?

I meant even if you go down you can keep all 7 perks when you get revived, but only in the game you complete the easter egg.

The thing the OP is thinking about is when you go through the Mansion. If the Witch Bitches don't touch you after going in and out of the Mansion you obtain this ablity. So everytime you go down you'll only lose 1 perk if you get revived.

I have this persistant upgrade (had it for a few days now). I'm not sure how I unlocked it (I may have accidentally done the 8th perk thing without realising it), but when I tried to help a friend unlock it by attempting to get an 8th perk, it didn't activate for him - so I'm inclined to think I got it some other way. As a note, I haven't yet done any of the EE on Buried (I struggle to get 4 people together) so it can't be tied to any of that, nor did I use the Time Bomb in any way (I had never even gotten a Time Bomb from the box before I'd noticed I had this upgrade)

The reason it works with less than 7 perks by the way is because once you get this persistant upgrade, you always only ever lose 1 perk when you go down, regardless of how many perks you currently have: so if you have 2 perks and go down, you'll be revived with 1 perk still remaining.

I would've gone through in Theatre to look to see when I may have unlocked it, but unfortunately the game where I first noticed I had the upgrade ended up being a long game, so I couldn't view the video.

Here are some possible methods of obtaining it (these are things I have done revolving around the perk bottles, and could've possibly triggered it):

- Get a free perk bottle on Round 1:

- Get a free perk bottle before you aleady have 4 perks, and then buy 1 or more regular perks from the machines.

- Get a lot of free perk bottles in one game/buy many perks in one game (along the same lines of how you have to get a bunch of revives for the speedy revive persistant upgrade).

I hope that helps!

I don't even know. These persistent perks that they introduced in BO2 are really retarded. No one knows how to get them. You loose them randomly & instantly. Iv'e tried the same exact strategies as everyone else. You go into the mansion, get 7 perks, go back, get the perk bottle & that activates it. You get 4 perks on round 1 & that activates it. I don't even know. Seriously Buried is getting on my nerves. I'm doing exactly what everyone else is doing. Do i get it? NO.

This is a persistant perk you get after you obtain all four perks before Round 3. Then it will remove the latest perk you've got once you get revived after a down. In Solo, this will always be Quick Revive.

Already tried it bro & got nothing.

• 10 months later...

I have this and i know exactly how i got it. You need to play with friends and keep reviving them without stopping halfway through the revive. Eventually a green glow will appear around you and when you revive someone the writing that says 'Reviving...' Will appear blue. This lets you revive people faster and only lose the quick revive when you down. Using the standard quick revive perk aswell as the perma-perk revive makes reviving almost instant.