Shooting Gallery Step

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just make another wish at the fountain. I found it helpful to get Leroy to hold a crawler while you do this because when I did it the people I was playing with sucked. They couldn't get all the targets, randoms. But Leroy held the crawler for like an hour before one of the guys backed out. But to answer your question, no you don't have to go another round.

I've stayed up to 7am the last three days on this last step on both sides of the EE ONLY TO GIVE UP! I hate this step with a passion but luckily for you guys I just found an in depth video with the best places to stand for all locations & the patterns! FINALLY I can attempt to complete this EE with conviendents in hitting every target.

mobile: http://youtu.be/XRA5vT2x6ho

XRA5vT2x6ho

You just make another wish at the fountain. I found it helpful to get Leroy to hold a crawler while you do this because when I did it the people I was playing with sucked. They couldn't get all the targets, randoms. But Leroy held the crawler for like an hour before one of the guys backed out. But to answer your question, no you don't have to go another round.

He is right about using Leroy to carry the crawler but I suggest if you are doing the Richtofen EE side you do this before the shooting gallery step & have Leroy follow you to the maze that way he will stay in the maze out everyone's way. You have to use the portal in order to keep Leroy in the maze.

I've stayed up to 7am the last three days on this last step on both sides of the EE ONLY TO GIVE UP! I hate this step with a passion but luckily for you guys I just found an in depth video with the best places to stand for all locations & the patterns! FINALLY I can attempt to complete this EE with conviendents in hitting every target.

mobile: http://youtu.be/XRA5vT2x6ho

XRA5vT2x6ho

that's rad, thank you for that :P

I've heard through the grapevive the Paralyzer/Petrifier can do work because they have a huge range, do they knock them down quick enough like a gunshot would? does anybody know?

that's rad, thank you for that :P

I've heard through the grapevive the Paralyzer/Petrifier can do work because they have a huge range, do they knock them down quick enough like a gunshot would? does anybody know?

I also gave that some thought & actually tried it & it did not work, possibly try pack-a-punching it.

God, I hated this step with a passion. I was the worst of the four, a tip is to put the worst person in the Saloon. Only 19 targets, stand in the hole in the wall above the Bowie knife.

And on the wisps.. We just spread out on the board, punched the signs, and as the wisp showed up ran and touched it. We literally had it at the guillotine in 20 seconds.

Put the worst one in the saloon. Stay calm and let them practice until they memorize the pattern. Let them shoot ONLY, that way they don't have to worry about everyone else hitting and them being the loser. That was me, and I did it in about 40 tries.

I. Hate. This. Step. My friends and I have been attempting this for hours on end only to have us enraged (one of them even punched a hole in his wall). As of yet we still haven't completed it. Any advice guys?

wow lol. anger management anyone? ;)

the thing I found that makes this easiest is to count the targets as you shoot them. in the written EE guide stickied in the forum it posts how many targets are in each place. once i started counting mine out loud, i had MUCH better success. relayed this tip to my teammates who were relative zombie novices (had never done any EEs on any map bo1 or 2 before) and we had the thing done in 15-20 minutes from there... now of course, doing it with 3 new people it could easily take a bunch of time while they learn the patterns, but if you count and correlate the number to the target it became much easier for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously THIS STEP....

It helps to know how many targets there are:

I counted these in a NGT gaming video, not sure if exact:

House: 23

Candy: 20-22

Saloon: 19

Jail: 22

It's not that many targets when you get down to it.... But STILL....

Uggg.... My plan was to whip through richtofen when the final dlc came out, then tray maxis IMEDIANTLY to see the rewards... NOW I have NO idea where i'm going to get players to help me do the MAXIS side of the Easter egg.... Eh... Something to keep my occupied for the next 2 years.... :(

It doesn't even make any sense... Somehow shooting random targets powers up the tower?

The guiliteen/gallows I understand.... The orbs I understand (also little side note: In die rise richtofen destroyed maxis's spheres, and in buried maxis destroyed richtofen's spheres... Touché maxis... Tou-chè....)... The lantern makes SOME sense... The wisp makes sense... The round infinity/ bell steps make sense.... But that damn shooting gallery step... It's just obvious that trayarch got lazy and knew they needed SOMETHING for the final step... And thus this evil thing was created....

It doesn't even make any sense... Somehow shooting random targets powers up the tower?

The guiliteen/gallows I understand.... The orbs I understand (also little side note: In die rise richtofen destroyed maxis's spheres, and in buried maxis destroyed richtofen's spheres... Touché maxis... Tou-chè....)... The lantern makes SOME sense... The wisp makes sense... The round infinity/ bell steps make sense.... But that damn shooting gallery step... It's just obvious that trayarch got lazy and knew they needed SOMETHING for the final step... And thus this evil thing was created....

I guess they wanted to try to give us a fun challenge, but instead it's annoying as ****ing s**t! I spent 4 hours trying to do this yet it's impossible to figure out who's messing up and what you're doing wrong. When you finally get all your targets, turns out someone missed one! Sorry if I sound enraged but I had to get that off my chest.

Try counting them like I did... Use the NGT video of where they all are and record how many pop up in each place... That way, if people keep messing up, everyone knows why...

I found the hardest place by far was the candy store...

The saloon has some tough angles but is NOT a problem for someone with the paralizer-Pdw combo (if you're close enough)...

The house is very simple, once you know the pattern... It can be confusing at first due to the lights probably being out (they likely are if you're doing this right after the lever step)... It's also a good idea for whoever's going to be here to feed the hillbilly candy to make him pick up the crawler, as he never walks out in front of your view... Put you're least skilled player here...

The barn I also found to be pretty easy once you know the patern, it's good to have a Pdw-LSAT/Hammer combo here as the 5-at-a-time window step is easier to accomplish with a large amount of spray, but don't use the other weapon until the final step, as the PDW works best for the first bits...

And the candy store.... Dear god.... The targets not only appear in god awful places.... But the ones in the window have the barrier of the wood frame as well as moving targets... And they don't stay up for more then 3 seconds! Your best hope is to have a Galil or possibly a hammer if you're fast enough, paired with the Pdw to hit those window bits,,,

But the most important thing I cans say is: LEARN THE ORDER! YOU WILL FAIL IF SOMEBODY DOESN'T REMEMBER THE ORDER!

Glue it into your head! NEVER forget it!