All Known New Persistent Upgrades

Updated

I don't know if any of you remember but around the time of Die Rise I started a forum topic dedicated to discovering and finding full understanding of all of the Persistent Upgrades that were available at the time. It was a great success, we discovered the function, obtaining method, and losing method of most of them. And now I'm back to do it again with the new Buried Upgrades. I've already run a few tests, here are my findings.

PHD - Obtained by taking a cumulative amount of falling damage.

Gives immunity to self damage and allows you to flop from heights to cause an explosion and no fall damage from the flop. However does not protect from regular falls.

Lost by taking falling damage without flopping and taking damage while in the air flopping.

Box Upgrade - Obtained from taking multiple weapons from the box prior to round 10.

I cannot confirm but from what I've seen and what everyone says, it seems to increase your chances of getting good weapons from the box.

Lost at round 10.

Half Price Double Points - Obtained by getting at least 3000-5000 points in a Double Points.

During the next Double Points everything is half priced.

Lost from getting any points during Double Points.

Sniper Upgrade - Obtained by getting a few long rang kills with snipers.

Every sniper kill (and PHD flop kill for some reason) is rewarded with 300 additional points.

Lost by repeated missing or non-scoped shots. Not lost from refraining to use snipers. Props to bakernator for finding it.

Explosive Upgrade - Obtained by getting a large number of explosive kills.

Not sure what it does but I believe it may increase explosive damage.

Lost by non explosive kills and possibly flopping.

Pistol Double Points - Obtained with horrible pistol accuracy followed by a few pistol kills.

Grants Double Points at all times with pistols.

Lost by increased accuracy with pistols.

Perk Loss Upgrade - Appears to have to do with getting 4 perks early in a game.

Only lose one perk when getting downed, always takes Quick Revive first and then the last obtained perk.

Unkown how it's lost.

Some other interesting things I've noticed.

The Perma-Jug takes around 15 downs to take effect instead of around 3 now.

The PHD Upgrade does not take effect on Tranzit or Die Rise. You can't use it, get it, or lose it. It seems to be the only new upgrade like this.

7 new Upgrades? Are they crazy? How on Earth am I supposed to juggle all this? And who knows how many more were added, it gives me a headache thinking about it. If you find anything post it here.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to note that I did have my Perma-Jug yesterday, haven't seen if I still have it or not.

Also the "only losing 1 perk" thing didn't work for me when getting an 8th perk bottle. Tried it multiple times, and getting a 9th one didn't work either.

• Administrators

I played Resolution 1295 for a few hours last night and I had PermaJug, playing split screen on my friends account. However, he lost it during the game but I was able to keep it.

I can say i played today and i had my Perma Jug. But i lost it due to reaching rd. 15. I haven't tried to get it back. But if it was removed, wouldn't that mean i wouldn't have had it to begin with when i started the game? Someone should hop into a game and test this. If noone gets to it before i get a chance i will try it myself.

I can say if they got rid of it I will be pretty upset, Its really the only good perma perk..

Edit: are you saying they can't get it in buried? Or that it doesn't carry over from any map?

BSZombie made a post about persistent Jugg now taking more down to be enabled, but it may be a combination of previous low rounds & downs. I'm sure I got it on die rise a few days ago after my second down (2 consecutive games) on round 1 after no kills. (I was away when the game started)

I can confirm that the X2 (double points) half price purchases is in affect on Die Rise aswell. Not sure about TranZit?

I haven't figured out the criteria for gaining or loosing.

Whereas PHD is only in Buried.

Perma-Jug is still available...

I got perma QR once, but I didn't have as many revives as you normally need...

Also, I once got like a bad version of the Toy Box perma-perk. It looked the same, except the only weapons I got out of the box, were like Snipers and the other weak stuff :lol:

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's a graphical glitch, but I once had a Double Toy Box Perma Perk. It had the bear on top of it, and a bigger one on it, and when I hit the box, that big one stayed there. I would get footage, but that game isn't in my recent games anymore.

Oh, and I could be wrong, but I think I've had Toy Box after round 10. Maybe you lose it after 10 rounds?

I forgot to mention, I think I got the "loose 1 perk when you get downed" perk on Die Rise yesterday. I was trying to get the "Shafted" achievement (use PaP & all perk machines in 1 game). I had 4 perks - QR, Jugg, DTII & Mule Kick. Cooked a grenade next to Jugg, got revived & still had 3 perks? I think I only lost Quick Revive?

I'll have to look at my theatre video again to confirm what may have happened.

Did some more testing.

Indeed Perma-Jug still exists but it takes several solo downs now to get, instead of around 3 it takes around 15.

I figured out how the Double Points Half Price is lost. It's lost if you get any points during a Double Points. I did extensive testing and can guarantee that it's lost from getting any points at all. So the idea I guess is to change the Double Points power-up to a Half Price power-up but if you ask me Double Points is way better.

I can also confirm that getting a Random Perk Bottle with all perks is not how the one perk loss is acquired. It definitely exists, but there is some other way of getting it.

Also I've seen some videos of a constant Double Points Upgrade, it's weird. Instead of giving 20 for hitting a zombie it gives 2 scores of 10 at once and seems to be lost very quickly. But I have no clue how to start getting it, everything I've seen seems completely random as to when you get it.

I think the instance where you only lose one perk after being revived/brought back next round has to do with the navcards and tables. This seemed to start happening for me only after having built the tables and carrying multiple cards. At the moment I am carrying the die rise and buried navcards. Not sure if this is this reason as I cannot reverse the process to test this, but as I said, this loss of one perk on downs thing only started happening for me immediately after having built all the tables, used all the cards and continued to carry two cards. Hope this helps in some way.

I believe that the "Permanent Perks" aren't permanent. Simply persistent until one does something in order to lose it. Also Persistent Juggernog seems to lose effect at higher rounds however I am unable to confirm this. (Will look into it tonight)

Also there seems to be some kind of double points Persistent Upgrade. Not entirely sure on its effects. I noticed as soon as double points stopped the green flash came.

Huge new discovery.

I found an entirely new Upgrade. It's gotten by getting a lot of explosive kills, possibly in a row. As of now I can't officially report any effects but I theorize it increases explosive damage. It seems to be lost by not using explosive weapons and possibly by flopping. I'll look more into it.

Also I've heard about a sniper Upgrade that gives massive points. I'll look into it.

Huge new discovery.

I found an entirely new Upgrade. It's gotten by getting a lot of explosive kills, possibly in a row. As of now I can't officially report any effects but I theorize it increases explosive damage. It seems to be lost by not using explosive weapons and possibly by flopping. I'll look more into it.

Also I've heard about a sniper Upgrade that gives massive points. I'll look into it.

I have a post on this forum with the details of the sniping perk, point scope, feel free to add it to your list.

I was playing TRANZIT the other day to restock the bank. I didn't have enough for stamin up so a ran around the map to the dine where I herd zombie, that's when I got the burst. I've notice from then on that I can move faster while aiming, and I'm even lighter with the stamin up. Maybe it's a upgrade version of lightweight.

My guess is you just sprint till you see a green burst.

There is a video on iowagaming youtube channel where a guy buys the olympia, a green flash appears and then gets the ray gun. I cant link it to you guys cos im on the vita, it is really weird but very useful if we find how to obtain it.

The channel is "iowagaming", the video is something like new ray gun perma perk or something, its the latest one.

And thanks for the topic, i had absolutely no idea about the sniper upgrade!

I had an actual Deadshot one last night but I have absolutely no clue how or when I would've gotten it and I wouldn't have even known I had it if I hadn't put my controller down.

My team mate was holding the last zombie circling in front of me and when he got in range my sights would start automatically following him even through I wasn't touching the controller.

Tombstone perma-perk:

Buy 4 perks by round 1 (or before round 5)

Effects: In solo, Once you are revived you keep your all 3 perks except Quick Revive.

How do you lose it: Unknown

Its not only solo. You can still keep perks after being revived on multiplayer.

Ah, Good to know. I only tested this in solo. How does one lose this perma-perk? Go down before getting 4 perks?

Tombstone perma-perk:

Buy 4 perks by round 1 (or before round 5)

Effects: In solo, Once you are revived you keep your all 3 perks except Quick Revive.

How do you lose it: Unknown

Its not only solo. You can still keep perks after being revived on multiplayer.

Ah, Good to know. I only tested this in solo. How does one lose this perma-perk? Go down before getting 4 perks?

thats a good theory since all perma perks are lost by not doing what you did to get them.