So how do you like #Buried map so far?

way2g00d

How satisfied are you with buried?

On a scale of 1-10 10 being highly satisfied what is your rating? Feel free to justify your rating.

I Give it a 9 for adding so much variety to the map and still maintaining replayability. Easter eggs are great. Buildables are finally making sense and easy to build. And the map is very well thought and implemented.

Bravo treyarch.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it an 8/10. It's fun, and definitely has some replay value. I'm docking points, however, for a few reasons. My main gripes with this map are the number of things that need to be "smashed" by the Big Guy, and the fact that the ghosts take away 2000 points with every hit. 2000 seems to be a little too much. 1000, in my opinion, would be much more "fair" while still being an incentive to not get hit.

All in all, I'll definitely be playing this map many times. It's fun, it's got great weapons, a great layout, and the best spawn room ever aesthetically.

I think they did a decent job if Id give it a 7/10. Reason being its a good map has a sweet New wonder weapon, but I'm still dissapointed that the original 4 aren't even mentioned. I have a feeling they may make it a cliff hanger in last dlc for the next game.kind of like moon earth blOws up now what? That's the last we seen or heard from the crew. As far as I'm concerned these characters better just be building up to a glorious return of the original crew. Buried is okay I'd prefer to play die rise over it though. 7/10

10/10. Great map, so much to do. Had to change up a lot of my strategies for surviving longer on this map. Things that work really well on prior maps don't work as well on this one. As for the 2000 points lost for getting hit by the ghosts. I think it's fair. If you think the map is easy and that 2000 points is unfair or too steep, then you've missed the point of them then. They're meant to force you to be wise with your points. I usually deposit all my cash in the bank before I go through so that I lose like 100 points tops. Brings me to the maze. Excellent feature, just a brilliant addition to the game and my favourite place to survive, because it is hard, especially by yourself. And if you go through the mansion with as little points as possible, you can hole up pretty well at PaP until you have enough to upgrade your weapon. Just a very well put together map with, in my opinion, the best replayability since Moon.

10/10. Great map, so much to do. Had to change up a lot of my strategies for surviving longer on this map. Things that work really well on prior maps don't work as well on this one. As for the 2000 points lost for getting hit by the ghosts. I think it's fair. If you think the map is easy and that 2000 points is unfair or too steep, then you've missed the point of them then. They're meant to force you to be wise with your points. I usually deposit all my cash in the bank before I go through so that I lose like 100 points tops. Brings me to the maze. Excellent feature, just a brilliant addition to the game and my favourite place to survive, because it is hard, especially by yourself. And if you go through the mansion with as little points as possible, you can hole up pretty well at PaP until you have enough to upgrade your weapon. Just a very well put together map with, in my opinion, the best replayability since Moon.

This.

• Administrators

Way is my witness to just how insane it can get when trying to Pack-a-Punch in the very high rounds. ;)

I must give this map a very solid 10/10. While the theme isn't my personal favorite, Treyarch balanced this map & mode very well. It's perfect for exploring and gives you a great number of options for finding a good spot to dig in instead of locating the nearest training area. The difficult depends on how skillful you are with your slaying skills, something that we've lacked in a map for a good while now (Mob of the Dead really opened us up to it, though).

Just a quick personal overflow of pros/cons:

+ Beautifully designed layout to create a challenge and make a distinction between Point A and Point B rather than one large circle

+ Larger arsenal of weapons and none of which are incredibly overpowered (even with the Mark II)

+ Additional buildables

+ Variety of open and enclosed spaces

+ Forcing of teamwork instead of individual separation

+ Great placement for perk machines and Pack-a-Punch

+ New AI that can help you out in many, many ways that we have not seen before

+ Ghosts are a challenge that tests how well you can avoid these new "bosses"; your reward is keeping your money for Pack-a-Punch

+ New perk that can make or break your game, depending how you want to go about it

+ Navigation of map can go from low grounds to rooftop jumping to mineshafts to Paralyzer jetpacks (hey that's unfair!)

+ Mini persistent upgrades and small Easter Eggs to aid us along the way, yet keep the difficulty the same

- Amount of points the ghosts can take away from you, but it can be easily justifiable

+ What - you really thought I could make more cons?

*SPOILERS* I've never played Buried but will be in a few days, I've only watched a lot of gameplay, the reason I'm writing my review now is to see how it changes after I actually play it and get a feel of the map.

From the start of the map you can easily tell Treyarc wanted to surprise the player, they wanted some breath-taking and jump-scare-ish moments even for the die-hard zombie fans who analysed this map's trailers back and forth, we can tell this by several reasons.

Firstly, the starting area looks nothing like Buried, nor was it shown in any trailers of Buried, so when people spawned for the first time, they were surprised and confused because this wasn't buried at all, This causes them to search the starting area, How do they continue forward in the map. When they search the map, the two who are on the side of the starting area that has the stairs to the LSAT will most likely go outside on the far end of their side of the starting area to traverse this area, revealing a giant hole in the ground in the distance, the sheer size of this thing is what brings the shock and awe, then when they do fall down to the 'Buried' area, they slide down a long hole, the final surprise until they are truly Buried. This is what you can tell Treyarc truly worked on, but why would they want to surprise the player so much? I'll save this answer for last..

The rest of the town area is really well made and feels real and natural, but how will they fit this tone of a western town? What will complement the map in a subtle but nice way. Well, everything. The sounds between rounds and when Easter Egg steps are completed send shivers down my spine, the new HUD gives you a real Gunslinger feel, they really give the feel of 'This map is abandoned' by letting you go through the desolated mine shafts and jumped on the roofs of the buildings and traversing them by dropping through little cracks and holes in them to get to different areas.

Each placement of each perk and not to mention PaP was perfect, giving the small touch of Risk = Reward, which is very prevalent in the PaP placement, with having to traverse a ghost ridden house which take an amount of your points as you pass though it, the house is very creepy and personal, it feels like you're entering a forbidden place, somewhere you're not supposed to be, it is a very creepy toned experience travelling through that mansion. The maze is very hectic afterwards but you are never confused of your goal in the Maze as the Gazebo towers partly above the walls as a marker of where you need to go. That can go for the rest of the map too, the goals are very visible, from start to finish.

Without spoiling anything the Easter Egg ending is quite nice, but the Grand Easter Egg ending is what everything from the past map has been leading up to, it practically ends the N4 characters and the payoff for it is extrememly powerful, and the twists are very confusing and surprising. But why, why would Treyarc go all out on this map, theres still one more to go.. Isn't there?

Well if I am correct, most people have been guessing that the Original Zombies Creators are making the final map, my guess is MOTD was a test of sorts. So this IS the last map for Treyarc, they won't be creating the next one so they better go all out on this, because this'll be they're last one in a looong time, or.. maybe, their last map ever.

Summary, good map, the Easter Egg is great, the feel of the map and the tones and themes are very much there and feel great, the subtle things make the map so good, from the sounds to our 'little' helper who I haven't mentioned in this because I have yet to see how useful he is to me when I play, if this treyarc's last map, they did it well... 9/10

Really the only complaint I have is the fact that the Ghosts completely rob you if you in so much as even touch them. I feel like if they are going to take 2k in points, they should have to stun you and drain you for a second or two first, not just rub shoulders and POOF!

But other than that, I'd say this even exceeds MOTD, and I hope it continues to do so with the next DLC. The best thing about it? There's plenty of ways to hold of zombies. One thing that just kills it for some maps is after like round 12, I find myself having to sprint around the whole map, or only have one useful section of the map I can use to actually survive.

I'd probably give it about a 7 or 8. Although it is one of my favorite maps out of the whole BO2 zombies lineage, I have to say it is still quite annoying and not the same as it's BO1/WaW roots. That's where MOTD stood out, out of all the BO2 maps and so that will hold a place in my heart as the best of the BO2 maps.

Hopefully DLC 4 will be even better since the single player team is doing that map as well. So far it seems that the SPT should just take over everything as far as Treyarch. Vonderhaar for MP has been screwing us over and so has Jimmy with zombies.

Just my opinion.

I don't know why I can constantly play this map over and over again. The only time in which this map becomes boring is when I reach around round 40. The rounds become so long, but if you just give a crawler to Leroy then you literally have a "in-game pause" and I can go to sleep and wake up and keep playing. This means possibilities of going to round 125+ with ease. Haha. I love the fact that they left the field more open for trainers, and campers. Let's you do whatever, so no one should complain. :D

Rate: 9

Buried itself: 7/10

Loving the wonder weapons and Leroy's assistance, but I wish he was easier to control also hate some of the achievements.

Grief: 5/10 That damn trample steam is abused and there are many more rage quitters IMO than Green Run and Cell Block had. [seriously, I had to do Round 16 solo on Grief just due to rage quitters.]

Turned: 2/10 The map is too big for Turned. Very annoying if you fail to kill the human.

Overall the map is great to play and I love the way Juggernog is in a dead end and the way you can easily make it to high rounds.

Buried itself: 7/10

Loving the wonder weapons and Leroy's assistance, but I wish he was easier to control also hate some of the achievements.

Grief: 5/10 That damn trample steam is abused and there are many more rage quitters IMO than Green Run and Cell Block had. [seriously, I had to do Round 16 solo on Grief just due to rage quitters.]

Turned: 2/10 The map is too big for Turned. Very annoying if you fail to kill the human.

Overall the map is great to play and I love the way Juggernog is in a dead end and the way you can easily make it to high rounds.

I actually like turned on this map. Yea its annoying to kill the human if he gets in a good spot, but there is a lot more strategy involved then there was at diner. I wish they added new guns or so to the rotation.

For all those that are concerned about ghost stealing points, why do you need so many points? If you need to pack-a-punch be sure to take 20 grand instead of 10 if you are worried it will steal your points. Make a habit of depositing your money end of every round or each time you earn 10k if you think someone will surprise you with mini ghost round.

There is a bank to save your points and there is a gun locker in case you are broke and you need a point maker.

-kthxbai