Importance of the Ghost?

bagel_

• Administrators

Nice find MMX (or whoever found this). 

I only looked at Buried for the first time in theatre mode  last night. Laughed when I saw the picture & read your post MMX. 

As some people may know the heavy involvement of (and how much I bang on about) Nikola Tesla within COD Zombies, I really enjoyed the discovery of Michael Faraday's picture in Buried. 

Michael Farady was one of Nikola Tesla's heroes. It was Faraday's Alternating Current Motor that Tesla improved (as such) which is used in so many appliances in today's technology. 

AC Motor history

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_motor

Here is a brief history of one of Nikola Tesla's heroes! - Michael Faraday

http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/faraday.htm

Michael Faraday

Born: September 22, 1791

Died: August 25, 1867

Another fun Fact about births & Deaths -

Amedeo Avogadro

Born: August 9, 1776

Died: July 9, 1856

Nikola Tesla

Born - 10 July 1856

Died - 7 January 1943 

As you can see, Nikola Tesla was born the day after Avogadro's death. I find that very interesting.

Tesla is a very important character in my opinion, whether directly or indirectly, he plays his role! Those dates still give me goosebumps haha.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.And the town is an American one that's been moved to Africa, right? Well, what would the Ghost of an English woman married to an English man (who never left the British Isles) be doing in an American town?

Not only that. Why would an entire American town be underground in Africa?

Nice find MMX (or whoever found this). 

I only looked at Buried for the first time in theatre mode  last night. Laughed when I saw the picture & read your post MMX. 

As some people may know the heavy involvement of (and how much I bang on about) Nikola Tesla within COD Zombies, I really enjoyed the discovery of Michael Faraday's picture in Buried. 

Michael Farady was one of Nikola Tesla's heroes. It was Faraday's Alternating Current Motor that Tesla improved (as such) which is used in so many appliances in today's technology. 

AC Motor history

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_motor

Here is a brief history of one of Nikola Tesla's heroes! - Michael Faraday

http://home.earthlink.net/~drestinblack/faraday.htm

Michael Faraday

Born: September 22, 1791

Died: August 25, 1867

Another fun Fact about births & Deaths -

Amedeo Avogadro

Born: August 9, 1776

Died: July 9, 1856

Nikola Tesla

Born - 10 July 1856

Died - 7 January 1943 

As you can see, Nikola Tesla was born the day after Avogadro's death. I find that very interesting.

Thanks for the enthusiasm... :( I did make this discovery myself.

Well, if you post in my storyline thread and are able to make a case to include Nikola Tesla as actually being a part of the storyline in any manner, I'll consider adding him. Btw, "indirect" evidence only counts depending on how indirect.

.And the town is an American one that's been moved to Africa, right? Well, what would the Ghost of an English woman married to an English man (who never left the British Isles) be doing in an American town?

Well, looking at MrRoflWaffles new post it seems to explain pretty effin clearly how it's happened.

I was truely stoked with your post/discovery MMX as I hadn't noticed or gone into theatre mode on buried. Great find.

As I said, Tesla's AC induction motor was based from Faraday's AC Motor. The day they include a picture of Tesla, I will loose my S**t.

All references to Tesla are fairly indirect. I will post them in your storyline thread.

Nice find once again.

• Administrators

I thought the consensus on that was after Maxis' rockets destroyed the Earth it shifted the Tetonic plates and moved continents, kinda like prehistoric times and this town ends up on an African plain.

I thought that at one point too, but in the Die Rise cutscene we see what the world looks like and the countries haven't moved at all, they've kept their shape. The surface cracked, but doesn't seem to have shifted. Nonetheless, I don't see just a small area moving that far. As with Pangea, tectonic shifts are generally very large chunks of land, and this appears to be a small area.

I'm guessing it's the alternate universe "mushed together" theory. Remember Fringe, that one episode where both universes converged where two bodies ended in one, and both events (one universe 9/11 happened and in the alternate universe something else (forgot which)) and they ended up in the same spatial point.

Sorry for no replies from me, I haven't been on the site.

After reading through MMX's, Tac's, and PINNAZ's posts I just about crapped myself at how much backstory we have on her and her husband. Great stuff guys. I wonder why we have this many references to Nikola Tesla?

BTW guys wondering about why the town is underground, check out MrRoflWaffles' thread here

Yeah I read your analysis and I enjoy the different point of view. I think it may be about Stu, but you have good points, so I dunno. I do believe she and the paralyzer are similar somehow though. I shot her with it and it only slowed her a little. Plus they both have that purple mist to them.