Original Ray Gun is Diferent on Buried!?!

So, just an observation... Isn't the Ray Gun on buried (Original Ray Gun) slightly changed aesthetically? The barrel glows green and it looks shinier. Am I the only one who has realized this? Am I going crazy or is it actually different. Noticed this from before the map was released, in the prerelease game plays, it just grew more obvious each time I got it out of the box! Just something to note.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just an observation... Isn't the Ray Gun on buried (Original Ray Gun) slightly changed aesthetically? The barrel glows green and it looks shinier. Am I the only one who has realized this? Am I going crazy or is it actually different. Noticed this from before the map was released, in the prerelease game plays, it just grew more obvious each time I got it out of the box! Just something to note.

I like it better. I wish the rest of the maps had the change to the Ray Gun that Buried has. I think this might have something to do with the Mark II. Who knows why it's like that now.

I made a post on this. You're not crazy. I firmly believe that the Ray Gun present in Buried was specifically different from the normal Ray Gun to emphasis the evolution of it. You have the normal Ray Gun and the Ray Gun Mark II. But you've also got this thing, a prototype of the Ray Gun Mark II (because the Mark II also has that green stuff), or a Ray Gun 1.5, if you will.

So, it goes Ray Gun > Ray Gun 1.5 > Ray Gun Mark II

This might sound far fetched but it isn't the first time. Were you aware that there were actually three Thunderguns?

Thundergun Mark I > Thundergun Mark II > Thundergun Mark III

I really like the 'new' look of the Ray Gun, it's good that they gave it a facelift to be included with the Rat Gun MkII.

I made a post on this. You're not crazy. I firmly believe that the Ray Gun present in Buried was specifically different from the normal Ray Gun to emphasis the evolution of it. You have the normal Ray Gun and the Ray Gun Mark II. But you've also got this thing, a prototype of the Ray Gun Mark II (because the Mark II also has that green stuff), or a Ray Gun 1.5, if you will.

This might sound far fetched but it isn't the first time. Were you aware that there were actually three Thunderguns?

You could also say the same about the Perks-a-Colas.

In Verrückt, the bottles label says Juggernaut & Sleight of Hand. The Juggernaut poster on the wall also said this name.

In Shi No Numa the machines advertised the amount of points they cost, rather than the 10cents.

And Der Reise, the machines changed back to 10cents & the bottles changed to what they are now - Jugger-nog & Speed Cola.

I really like the 'new' look of the Ray Gun, it's good that they gave it a facelift to be included with the Rat Gun MkII.

You could also say the same about the Perks-a-Colas.

In Verrückt, the bottles label says Juggernaut & Sleight of Hand. The Juggernaut poster on the wall also said this name.

In Shi No Numa the machines advertised the amount of points they cost, rather than the 10cents.

And Der Reise, the machines changed back to 10cents & the bottles changed to what they are now - Jugger-nog & Speed Cola.

In the Black Ops version, all of the Perks were made to be consistent. That's when the series was at its infancy.

However, with the Ray Gun, there is a DISTINCT, purposeful difference.

A lot has changed in the past few days. They added a new map with a new type of Ray Gun. They also updated the icons of many things. They also added the Ray Gun Mark II to every map.

HOWEVER

The new Ray Gun appears SOLELY in Buried. Not in the other maps. They updated all of them to have the Mark II. Why not update the new Ray Gun to make it match? The answer: it means something.

Treyarch specifically chose to make two version of the Ray Gun, and two versions of the first version.

Where are there 3 wunderwaffes? Kino, ascension and??? It is Der reise?

Anyhow I really like the new ray gun. The green moving liquid at the end was a nice touch.

No one said anything about the wunderwaffe..

And the Thundergun in Kino and Ascension are all the same version it's just the Russians had several for it ( MKI MKII MKIII ) and if memory serves me right we're using the Mark 3

Anyhow I really like the new ray gun. The green moving liquid at the end was a nice touch.

And the Thundergun in Kino and Ascension are all the same version it's just the Russians had several for it ( MKI MKII MKIII ) and if memory serves me right we're using the Mark 3

Good good. I agree. Except, the one we're using is Mark II. Mark I didn't work. Mark III didn't come 'til later.

Sorry I meant thunder guns. He said there were 3 versions but I could only remember them being on two maps.

Good good. I agree. Except, the one we're using is Mark II. Mark I didn't work. Mark III didn't come 'til later.

Ah yes now I remember thanks MMX