Favorite of the N4

I can't believe this was never made before. I guess people were to caught in a big hub bub about easter eggs and what not. So I think now is as good a time as any.

Who's your favorite character of the N4 and what are your opinions of them?

For me it's Misty. I don't know what it is but I just like her. She's cool and confident, but not cocky like Tank, and not annoying like him.

Martlon's cool, I love some of the stuff he says. "Ah, it touched me. Somebody grab some ointment!" may be one of my favorite quotes ever.

Russman is alright but he doesn't have a lot of personality. He's just: Old Crazy Hobo.

I like Samuel. At first he was meh but after awhile he grew on me. His fear of everything being a conspiracy against him is really funny to me (NHK) and his banter with Richtofen is really entertaining.

What about you all?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked Russman from the start. The others of the 4 always used to have quotes that'd bother me. Marlton talked too much in a panicked voice, Misty always yelled, and Stu was always nervous. Russ, however, had a calmer voice, and his quotes actually made me laugh. I actually liked him more back in Die Rise/TranZit before he had this whole mysterious story sort of thing going. I liked thinking he was an old hobo making fun of the zombies as he took them down.

Marlton has my vote. I can vaguely relate to the nerdy-ness of him, I just really wish he wasn't such a blank character.

I didn't mind Samuel because the conspiracy theory gargle was kinda funny. But after Die-Rise dropped my friends coined the term "The curse of Samuel" because the unlucky one to get him got to listen to moans and groans the rest of the game haha. Haven't liked him since (really cool backstory though.)

Misty has some fun quotes. I never mind getting her.

And then the Russman. I initially though he was just there for comic relief (he has the funniest quotes in my opinion) but it seems there's more to him then meets the eye.

My list goes

1. Marlton

2.Russman/Misty

3. Samuel....

I think that I would have to that Misty is by far for my favorite. At first i thought that she was really annoying, but as her character started to develop, I found myself liking her more. So props to Treyarch for making a likable female character. She's not Lara Croft, but still, I think that she's a very likable character.

My second favorite would have to be Marlton, because some of his quotes are amazing :lol: . Samuel is just the crazy guy who doesn't impress me as much as he annoys me, and to me, Russman seems just like a "filler" character. It just seems like Treyarch had no idea what to do with him until now and threw him in there just to fill in the place of a fourth character. But maybe that's just me :) .

Russman. Because he's A: Voiced by Keith Szarabajka (Harbinger)

and B: He has the best quotes

"Thank you for riding Junkass Buslines have a f--king day."

"You're myyyyy bitch now machine.... don't get offended, I like bitches"

"And RussMAN said: let there be light! ... and the light was too sacred to disagree"

After Russman, probably Stu, Marlton then Misty.

I like them all to be honest, just wishes Treyarch would give them more (EE) conversation dialogue to further develop their relationships/character.

I love Misty. She is my favorite, ever. No other playable character has such a strong personality (except maybe Tank). She presents a tough, tomboy attitude, but still girly in her own way. I love her quotes on all the maps she's in and I enjoy playing more when I'm using her.

I'm hoping we learn more about her in the next map, because we know less about her than the other 3. However it's confirmed that she lived (or worked) on a farm, that "she remembers her father's face when the zombies came, and it made her angry", she can't remember her mother's name, and a few other small things.

Misty forever! Though I don't mind using Marlton either, he cracks me up and displays a lot of intelligence.

Misty, she is the only one who seems to get tougher ever map, so in that way, she reminds me of Takeo. She looks more like a survivor than the rest, and lets be honest, boobs guns and granades is everyone's type of woman.

I wouldn't mind if she joins Tak,Dempsy and Nik to carry on the zombie story, I could see her and Dempsey becoming friends or more...she wouldn't like Nikolia as he is a womanizer and she might like Tak, but doubt he would like her as she is pretty loud and crazy like Dempsey.

I love Marlton and Misty but if I had to choose then it would be Marlton I just love his nerdy attitude and I sort of have a crush on him :oops: (weird I know)

LOL a crush on Marlton?You're joking?Don't get me wrong,I know how it is to have a crush on some character,so I don't blame you.It's just that I didn't expected anyone to get a crush on a nerd from a FPS.But as I said,don't get this as a "critic".I was just surprised.

Anyway,getting back to the character stuff,I'll go with Misty.Her voice actress for the portuguese version is just amazing,and was a cool choice from 3ARC.Also,the way she's cocky without being annoying like Dempsey(seriously,after Round 10 his quotes become really annoying too me.All this stereotyped stuff Treyarch put on him...),which I didn't expected.

And what would I comment on her screams in Die Rise while using the Sliquifier?When I wasn't expecting,this got the sh*t outta me!

Woooo go Misty!

I actually love every character, not just from the N4 but all playable ones.

I don't actually know why Misty is my favourite, just like I don't know why CotD is my favourite when I find my self playing other maps more. It's just something about her.

Marlton, Russman and Samuel I like equally. Use to dislike Russman, because he was just bland, but he's certainly grown on me as the months have gone by.

Tough decision for me.

Marlton: I'm probably most like him, as I'm into technology and I'm quite picky about hygiene. Lol. :D

However, I find his voice to be quite annoying. Especially on Die Rise when he said "Payback's a bitch, just so you know, so is Russman" about 100 god damn times.

Abigail/Misty: She reminds me of Dempsey, how they both seem so badass when killing zombies also to me it seems she's the one who'd most likely go down last, if they were all NPC's.

However, like Marlton, I think she talks too much.

Russman: The funniest of the lot, IMO. His quotes are down right hilarious.

What I don't like about him is how Treyarch gave him a very dull personality. If he's in DLC 4, I hope they reveal more about him, as the intro to Buried did.

Samuel: Before MOTD's/Buried's release, I was actually getting excited to see if anything happened to him, like it did on Die Rise. I wanted/hoped that upon completing the EE, he'd turn into a zombie or something.

Noticed anything? M.A.R.S.