PHD Flopper Perma Perk

Hello Friends,

I have been acquiring many different Perma Perks. This time something very useful came into my grasps. Iv been continuously overcoming fall damage from jumping off the roofs. Also falling through holes and such.

When Landing

I figured it out eventually in a later game. Here you will see Me as Russman diving to the ground.

We got PHD Flopper!

:D

In conclusion we now have our PHD Flopper! It is so useful in this map. You can take out massive amounts of zombies by jumping off the rooftop or many staircases.

All I did was survive fall damage at least a couple games before achieving this Perma Perk. Hope this was as exciting for you as it was for me!

Thank you,

RequixEclipse

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of late but here is how you gain it and how you lose it. Also its beneifits

Nice pics though :D

How to get: Take fall damage multiple times. You do not have to survive. If by chance the last time you take fall damage you actually die, you can still receive it.

How to lose: take fall damage. A tiny,tiny bit of damage is okay. When all your guy says is that umph sound. But if your screen goes red you will lose it.

Benefits: Explosive dolphin dives, no splash damage from explosives, (You still take fall damage but that can be negated by dolphin diving, but beware you can't dolphin dive with the new wonder weapon.)

I often hear the sound for losing it when I fall from a high place,

Basically I lose it the same way I got it but I don't know if that is the only way to lose it

That's why they are called "Persistent Perks" not "Perma Perks", because you have to be persistent in keeping the perk.

Example 1. - You gain PHD Flopper by falling from a certain height that causes damage (5 or 6 times or whatever), you then have to use the ability of that perk when falling (Dolphin Diving) to keep the perk. So if you take fall damage without dolphin diving, you will loose it. You have to be persistent.

Example 2. - Cash Back. If you go to prone in front of the perk machines (every time) after you have drunk a perk, you will gain the cashback perk. This refunds a portion of your money spent. In World at War, if you went prone infront of the perk machines you would gain 25 points. That's probably why they have made it like this in BOII. To keep it, every perk you drink you have to go to prone, if you don't, you will loose it.

"Persistent Perks" not "Perma Perks"

Am I the only one who feels they are trying to get rid of this perk? It wasn't in Transit, Die Rise, Mob of the Dead, and it's in Buried but not the actual perk.

I only recall ever seeing it in the game on Grief Cell Block. Which honestly... I don't see used much there.

Am I the only one who feels they are trying to get rid of this perk? It wasn't in Transit, Die Rise, Mob of the Dead, and it's in Buried but not the actual perk.

I only recall ever seeing it in the game on Grief Cell Block. Which honestly... I don't see used much there.

I like it like this. It's free Flopper lol. If you're careful, you'll never lose it. But even if you do, it's extremely easy to get back.

I like it like this. It's free Flopper lol. If you're careful, you'll never lose it. But even if you do, it's extremely easy to get back.

yeah and it's used ALL the time in grief

They need to get rid of persistent perks. Honestly now I kinda hate them. It seems like they're too easy to get and the effects are kinda screwy and how to lose it and gain some of them are stupid. I like the idea don't get me wrong, it's just ridiculous how it escalated to the point in zombies. I like the Quick Revive, Steel Barricades, and the Box ones. The rest are just meh.

I like the PHD Flopper one. But everyone can get it playing Buried even by accident. I wish I could hold a grenade in my hand and kill zombies without dying... but I guess we'll have to wait for the real perk to come back.

I love all these new little upgrades you can get, it just adds to the fun.

They're not necessary but they make it that much more enjoyable when you have them.

The way I see it, them putting PhD in as a persistent perk was their way of making up for trolling us 2 maps in a row with it. Now we don't have to pay for it and its extremely easy to get, still does everything the regular perk does except allow you to hold a grenade in your hand until it explodes which is fine by me because I never did that in the old one anyways haha. Just being able to have an explosive dolphin dive again is enough for me, and the level has a lot of parkour spots and rooftops to just have a blast with it.

This game has evolved so much from the simple WaW games its amazing to see how far they've come. I seriously think we could be seeing a standalone CoD Zombies game in the near future. I hope so anyways :P

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but I'm actually kinda disappointed that they brought PHD back. Much of the community (besides the 10 year olds at callofduty.com) was finally starting to accept that it wasn't coming back, and many people including me finally realized how ridiculously OP it was. I mean seriously, Ascension wasn't a fun map for the reason that the WHOLE map besides the PHD area was rendered useless because of how easy it was to train and flop there. Not to mention the ridiculously cheap M&S+PHD strategy everyone used. At least this time it's not as easy to get, it kind of seems to come and go spontaneously.

Sorry to be the debbie downer, but I'm actually kinda disappointed that they brought PHD back. Much of the community (besides the 10 year olds at callofduty.com) was finally starting to accept that it wasn't coming back, and many people including me finally realized how ridiculously OP it was. I mean seriously, Ascension wasn't a fun map for the reason that the WHOLE map besides the PHD area was rendered useless because of how easy it was to train and flop there. Not to mention the ridiculously cheap M&S+PHD strategy everyone used. At least this time it's not as easy to get, it kind of seems to come and go spontaneously.

I personally am glad that they brought it back,havent been able to use it yet though (ps3 owner).However,I dont mind not having it,in fact I kinda prefer M & S without PHD ;)

Incoming expletives.

What the fuck? Cheap? The thundergun was cheap. The wave gun was cheap. The shrink gu was cheap. How in bloody hell was giving the few guys smart enough to get a gun that protective services expired at round 35-40 cheap? Especially if your luck was like some people (me) who never got those guns, ever. Not to mention I loved explosives. Pack a punched law, china beach, scavenger ray gun. No way dude. Flopper was the most fun perk ever. They should have brought it back in bo2 for the sole reason that they finally got rid of the real problems (thunderguns, wave guns, shrink guns). Think about it, anyone ever seen ANYBODY in bo2 keep and use the RPG, war machine? NOPE.

Think about it, anyone ever seen ANYBODY in bo2 keep and use the RPG, war machine? NOPE.

Have you ever seen anyone keep the Law, China Lake, or Panzershrek? Nope. It has nothing to do with PhD, they are just bad guns.

I think Treyarch should remove the persistent upgrade, and bring back the actual perk. I like be challenge of getting every perk in one game, and seeing the symbol for it on the HUD. It makes no sense to keep it away from us for so long then make it so easy to obtain later.

Think about it, anyone ever seen ANYBODY in bo2 keep and use the RPG, war machine? NOPE.

Have you ever seen anyone keep the Law, China Lake, or Panzershrek? Nope. It has nothing to do with PhD, they are just bad guns.

I think Treyarch should remove the persistent upgrade, and bring back the actual perk. I like be challenge of getting every perk in one game, and seeing the symbol for it on the HUD. It makes no sense to keep it away from us for so long then make it so easy to obtain later.

I would keep the law in moon.

Yea, I have ._. Tons of guys I used to play with in bo1 used to rock with pack a punched laws, mustang and sally and ray guns past round 35 on every map with flopper, including myself. The pack a punched law was super effective at taking out waves of zombies even on round 40 ._. Idk about panzershrek because I only started on bo1 not w@w