Losing only 1 perk while going down

TexAvery08

Like the title says, yesterday when I was playing after inserting the final NavCard into Tranzit something weird happened. I went and picked up the Buried card again, then the Die Rise card. At that point I had 2 cards. Then I went and picked up the Tranzit card and that was switched out for the Die Rise card. I still had 2 cards, one Tranzit and one Buried.

After that point, in public matches on Buried, when I went down and got revived again I still had all my perks besides one.

I put this in the general thread as well but it's not getting much attention there.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=33387

If anyone else is experiencing this, please post answers to the following

1. Which easter eggs have you completed and which side?

2. Which NavCard tables have you activated?

3. Which NavCards are you holding?

4. Misc. happenings before this happened?

My Answers

1. Both Tranzit and Die Rise on the Richtofen side, got to infinity mode in Buried

2. I've inserted all NavCards, all tables activated

3. I'm holding one Tranzit and one Buried

4. I had an error pop up when going into a zombies lobby that said something along the lines of "Your profile's permaperk information has been corrupted, your status has been demoted to lvl 4."

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible but not likely. The game it happened in the most we played without opening the candy shop but I might have grabbed it on my way out.

havent play any matches today other than the Awaken the Gazebo achievement. I'll give it a go in a bit and post my results.

Do you know if this is something that happens with the candy?

I'm wondering that as well. I went and watched the recent game for the #1 spot on solo player & he had all 7 perks & when he went down he only lost one, which was Quick Revive, and he kept the rest, but the weird thing is that he purchased 3 perks at the beginning of the game - jug, quick & soh & the rest he got for free killing the ghost lady.

I just played a Co-Op game where I gained this upgrade. I'm not sure whether I had 7 perks and then received a free perk drop (which would've given me 8 were it possible) but I did definitely start out with 7 perks when I noticed the upgrade.

Once you have the upgrade, it's not just when you have 7 perks that you only lose 1 perk, but from then on you will only lose 1 perk, regardless of how many perks you currently have. I died approx 7 times in total during the game, and each time I died, I only ever lost 1 perk.

I've also started up a brand new game on Buried, quickly bought Juggernog and Speed Cola, and gotten myself killed and revived again to see if I would only lose 1 perk, and I STILL only lost 1 perk! (I kept Juggernog). So the upgrade does carry through to new games.

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that dying while you have no perks could cause you to lose the upgrade. This has yet to happen to me, and I don't feel like testing it out since I don't want to lose this upgrade :)

Some Observation:

- I think there's a priority order to the perks lost. From what I can gather, Quick Revive will be the first to go, and Juggernog will be the last to go.

- If Mule Kick wasn't one of the perks you lost when you got revived, then you will still have all 3 weapons - so it's not like you're losing the perks and getting them back, it's that you've never lost them in the first place (apart from the 1 you do lose).

Am I the only one who doesn't like these perma-perks?

Especially this one. I thought perma-Jugg was bad enough but jeeze. This just takes away from the challenge of zombies. Never have to worry about going down anymore you get to keep all the perks except for one of them which is still pretty overpowering to the player.

Especially this one. I thought perma-Jugg was bad enough but jeeze. This just takes away from the challenge of zombies. Never have to worry about going down anymore you get to keep all the perks except for one of them which is still pretty overpowering to the player.

yea I don't mind it since it helps but I wish we knew more about it.

I understand what you mean. At first I was like "Permanent Quick Revive? What are they thinking?" But now after some time I've started to like them. They might be overpowering sometimes, but they are extremely rewarding and hard to maintain.

They add an extra layer to the gameplay. If you stop a revive for even a moment you lose the Quick Revive, and I can't count how many times I almost died trying to find a zombie in a window to kill after getting a carpenter, and being a player who always aims for headshots I like getting rewarded for my skill. Should you really be proning after buying Double Tap when there are 3 ghosts coming toward you? No, but I still do it.

Also I'm pretty sure the health boost was taken out. A lot of people are saying they can't get it anymore.

But the box one is dumb in my opinion, all it does is help box whores be even more whory. I've also seen a new constant double points one, not sure how it's gotten but I think that's way too overpowered. As for this, I can't say whether it's real or not, but I think it's too good as well. Some upgrades I like but some are just too good.

• 10 months later...

I ran into the same thing.

I have not completely completed any Easter egg, but I do currently hold the Die Rise Nav Card and the Tranzit Nav Card. I found that this "glitch" works on Tranzit and Buried which are the only 2 maps I've tested it on. I also have found that it works on coop and solo. Hope this info helps!

I ran into the same thing.

I have not completely completed any Easter egg, but I do currently hold the Die Rise Nav Card and the Tranzit Nav Card. I found that this "glitch" works on Tranzit and Buried which are the only 2 maps I've tested it on. I also have found that it works on coop and solo. Hope this info helps!

This is not a "glitch". This is a persistent upgrade (AKA permaperk). It's the tombstone soda one. You gain it by purchasing 4 perks before R4, but will lose it if you don't do this in the next match. You can find this and many other useful things in Boom's User's Guide Thread.

Thanks eternal. I was surprised the thread made it this far without someone pointing out what it was.

Also, 7 perks max in Buried. In any bo2 maps, getting a perk after having max perks will just get you a Richtofen laugh, no more perks.

Edited by 83457

This is not a "glitch". This is a persistent upgrade (AKA permaperk). It's the tombstone soda one. You gain it by purchasing 4 perks before R4, but will lose it if you don't do this in the next match.

That is not actually the case. I play numerous EE matches were I only buy Jugg and still have the persistent perk. You only lose persistent Tombstone if you go down enough times to actually lose ALL your perks.

For example, if you buy 4 perks on Buried and go down, you will come up with 3. Go down again and you come up with 2, then 1, then none. Once you are revived and come back with no perks you lose the persistent perk. I have only noticed the perk being lost when this happens to people with 4 or more perks. If I was to go into a game and buy 1 perk then go down before I buy another I still have the perk.

It also seems that the only map you can obtain the persistent perk on is Buried, though it carries over to Tranzit and Die Rise.

I believe you may be correct. I wasn't positive how it was lost, but when I looked up reference, @Boom's guide is what I found and that's how it's worded there. I'll tag him so he can correct the guide. Does it require further testing or are you 100%? 

I remember it seeming more difficult to lose than what I mentioned previously, but still hazy. I think there may be more than one way to lose it.

Does it require further testing or are you 100%?

I would go as far as saying 99.9%. We actually tested it out quite a bit for a few weeks and one person in our group who did not have it could NOT obtain it on Die Rise or Tranzit no matter how many times they tried. He had buried but hated it instantly from day one and never returned to it. He got it first time he bought all his perks on round 1 of an EE game with us.

Also tested how to lose it and as I have said, went into numerous EE games (a lot of which were with people from here), and when playing Tranzit or Die Rise, I would buy only Jugg, or on rare occasion, Stamina on Tranzit. Games would go past round 4 almost always, yet perk would always remain.

I have lost it myself on 3 occasions when getting downed on purpose and having a friend revive me, and always got the sound of losing it when I was revived with no perks remaining.

You also lose it if you fall off the map in either Buried (by Pap) or anywhere on Die Rise.

Only if you have QR I believe so it respawns you into the map in a stock state, like when you fall off a building in Die Rise and respawn in the starting room with nothing but what you start the game with.