Sidequests Complete, and are the N4 Dead? [SPOILERS FOLLOW]

bagel_

Whaddup guys,

Hopefully most of you have seen the endings to the Maxis/Richtofen Easter Eggs. As Treyarch promised, we've been given a ton of storyline info, and we seem to be done with the Maxis/Richtofen sidequests. These aren't necessarily the endings to Buried, but to the TranZit and Die Rise Eggs as well. For those of you who haven't seen them, here they are:

[spoilerS FOLLOW! If you don't want the endings to be spoiled, I recommend clicking off of this thread now!]

Maxis' Side

nhHKjLn7_bQ

Mobile Users Tap Here

(Starts at 1:20, creds to PlayTheGame)

SUMMARY:

We helped Maxis blindly, doing whatever he said to activate the towers for this so called "Trichotimus System". After we linked our towers, Maxis used a fiery hole in the Earth with strange powers called the Rift to take the powers of the Aether. (Keep in mind Richtofen didn't have this power yet. All he had was the power from the MPD, allowing him to control the vital energy stored in all things, living or dead. Sense this power was fragile, he couldn't just do whatever he wanted.) With this power, he claims he will use it to destroy Earth to reach Agartha, and be reunited with his daughter, Samantha. When Richtofen talks back to Maxis about his daughter being in Richtofen's old body, Maxis claims that he is going to bind Richtofen back to a physical form. We no longer hear Maxis speaking to Richtofen after this. Now, we stand in Resolution 1295, killing zombies, waiting for the Earth to be torn apart. We are now left with a few questions. Are the N4 going to make it out of this mess? How will Richtofen be bound to a physical form? If Samantha is actually still alive with the O4, where exactly is she? I believe these questions will be answered in the epic finale and final DLC.

Richtofen's Side:

rHinX_j1pzc

Mobile Users Tap Here

(Starts at 0:25, creds to NiikThatGamingShow)

SUMMARY:

We always knew the man speaking to Samuel as the German, and we blindly listened to him, powering the towers for this so called "Trichotomus System". After we linked the towers, Richtofen used them to seal the fiery hole in the ground known as The Rift, greatly strengthen his powers. His control over the vital energy that flows through all things was no longer fragile. He could now control any being he wanted, living or dead. To demonstrate this, he tried to take control of Samuel. Not being used to controlling a being like that, he was having trouble doing simple things, like walking. So, he left Samuel for a little, but would more than likely return to him later, stating that they "would be eating a lot more salad that doesn't come in a bowl." (lol wut.) He also threatened Maxis, and told him he was going to eternally damn Samantha, and that Maxis would soon simply cease to exist. Now, we stand in Revolution 1295, still killing zombies while they grow increasingly stronger. This leaves us with a few questions. Will Richtofen just let the N4 die, but spare Samuel and take his body? What will actually become of Maxis and Samantha? I believe these questions will be answered in the epic finale and final DLC.

In Conclusion...

Now that we are done with those, let's look deeper into this. Both Maxis and Richtofen simply used the O4 like a pawn to get what they wanted: Ultimate power over all things. After this, what will become of the N4? It seems that Maxis wants them to die with all living things on Earth, and they probably will. In the Round Infinity part of Richtofen's Easter Egg, he states "This is your future." What this means is that he is going to let the zombies grow increasingly stronger until they are impossible to kill. The N4 will be eventually overwhelmed, and will lay dead on the ground. However, Richtofen seems to like Samuel. Sense he does, perhaps he will spare him for his body in the end.

It all was confusing to me. This is just what I got from it. I assume sense everyone has been demanding that we get the O4 back, the N4's fate is sealed, and our final DLC will feature the O4. If you followed Maxis, Richtofen will be in his old body. If you followed Richtofen, Samantha will be in Ed's body. We've definitely been put on a cliffhanger for the last map. What do you guys think will happen?

Thanks for reading!

bagel_, out.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the EE reward on this map?

If you complete the Easter Egg without linking the towers and pushing the button in the courtroom, you gain perma-perks. It gives you every perk, and you keep them if you go down or die then get picked back up or respawn. If you push the button and followed Maxis, he becomes the demonic announcer. If you do but followed Richtofen, you are given a permanent fire sale for the rest of the game.

I don't think that the N4 will just die in Buried.Richtofen seemed to want the control over Stuhlinger's body.Maybe he know about the third entity talking in Samuel's head?I don't really know...

Although the two EEs gave us extremely different outcomes,I think 3ARC will know how to play with it(after all they may be developing the last DLC since MOTD,but I digress)and make the features possibly acceptable.(like what you said about with Maxis Side,Richtofen is in his body,and with Richtofen Side,Sam still there)

And personally,I don't want the O4 back FOR THIS GAME.The N4 started it all in BO2.Why don't we just let them seal their destiny the right way?It kinda seems strange for me the 04 "falling" in the middle of all of this and saving the day.It wouldn't be fun in my point of view...

Apparently the physical form Maxis bound Richtofen to was actually a random zombie with blue eyes (the color of all others change when maxis is in charge). In no way can I confirm this as I have PS3, and in fact I learned this from the CoD wiki which is known to have BS.

If this is true.... Richtofen is gone on Maxis's side of things. That.... saddens me. Someone needs to find out this quickly.

Maxis said the earth and its people will not survive the rift.. It doesn't mean he WANTS them to die, it's just one of the effects of trying to reunite with his daughter.. And he specifically DIDN'T mention the Moon not surviving.. Where the O4 are.. So I think that in itself leaves a door open for the O4 to return.

Also, you said you gain Perm-perks.. That would be flopper, head-popper, etc.. You mean you gain the NORMAL perks, permanently, correct?

Also, you said you gain Perm-perks.. That would be flopper, head-popper, etc.. You mean you gain the NORMAL perks, permanently, correct?

Perma-perks sounds better for normal perks that stay permanently more than for temporary abilities that come and go as they choose.

I don't think that the N4 will just die in Buried.Richtofen seemed to want the control over Stuhlinger's body.Maybe he know about the third entity talking in Samuel's head?I don't really know...

Although the two EEs gave us extremely different outcomes,I think 3ARC will know how to play with it(after all they may be developing the last DLC since MOTD,but I digress)and make the features possibly acceptable.(like what you said about with Maxis Side,Richtofen is in his body,and with Richtofen Side,Sam still there)

And personally,I don't want the O4 back FOR THIS GAME.The N4 started it all in BO2.Why don't we just let them seal their destiny the right way?It kinda seems strange for me the 04 "falling" in the middle of all of this and saving the day.It wouldn't be fun in my point of view...

I actually agree with what you said about the O4. I've just seen so much from people like Vonderhaar talking about killing off the N4 and bringing the old guys back in, and the fact that we just had this 5 minute cutscene for Buried revealing their past and this bonding going on we didn't see in Die Rise or TranZit. I think they're giving us this emotional connection so it'd be reasonable to kill them off. I made a thread asking about if people would rather see the O4 or N4 in the final DLC. 20 said O4, and 2 said N4. The demand is too high for 3arc to ignore IMO. (I was one of the 2 to say N4 :P ) the storyline with the N4 pre-Buried was sorta bad, and I think the only reason they'd have this plot twist is to redeem it.

Apparently the physical form Maxis bound Richtofen to was actually a random zombie with blue eyes (the color of all others change when maxis is in charge). In no way can I confirm this as I have PS3, and in fact I learned this from the CoD wiki which is known to have BS.

If this is true.... Richtofen is gone on Maxis's side of things. That.... saddens me. Someone needs to find out this quickly.

Upon looking into this and listening to some of the Blue Eyed zombies' quotes, you're right. That is Richtofen's new physical form. However, I still doubt Maxis would leave Sam in Richtofen's body. Perhaps he'll bring her into the Aether as well. Hopefully Richtofen won't stay like this forever :cry:

Maxis said the earth and its people will not survive the rift.. It doesn't mean he WANTS them to die, it's just one of the effects of trying to reunite with his daughter.. And he specifically DIDN'T mention the Moon not surviving.. Where the O4 are.. So I think that in itself leaves a door open for the O4 to return.

Very true. Maxis technically isn't the "Bad Guy". It depends on how you look at things. He's going to huge lengths to save his daughter, even ending humanity just to be with her. In a way, that's a good guy thing, but mainly very bad. And yes, I think that the Moon will survive this incident. Perhaps the O4 will travel from there into Agartha. And last thing: The term for the "perks" you receive in BO2 zombies for specific things, like Head Popper, Iron Boards, Red Insta Kill, etc. have been named "Persistent Upgrades" in 3arc's update notes. Don't confuse these with the actual term Perma Perks, for the perks that are actually, well, permanent. So yes, you're right. You gain the normal perks permanently :)

I'm quite confused, are the aether and Agartha the same thing, what is Agartha?

The Aether is another dimension, and is pretty much Hell. From there, a person's soul can control this energy that's in all things, giving you ultimate power and control over everything. That's why Richtofen wanted to be in the Aether so badly.

Agartha, however, is an entirely different thing. It's a mythological place somewhere in the core of Earth. Gravity is supposedly backwords, and beautiful cities tower underground, facing the center of the Earth. In the center of the Earth, there's supposedly a huge ball of Energy like a sun shining above Agartha. Some conspiracies state that the more elite of humanity lives down there with an alien race known as the Vril-ya. The concept of Agartha was very important in the map Shangri La from BO 1 zombies. At the end of the Easter Egg for Maxis' side, he says "I will finally reach Agartha!" Now, the importance of this city to Maxis is unconfirmed, but I have a theory on it. Maxis says that he is tearing apart Earth and killing all of humanity to be reunited with his daughter, and that he's finally going to reach Agartha. I assume he meant that he and his daughter are going to join the Vril-ya and the elite of humanity and live happily ever after.

The new 4 will die, as part of the Richtofen Easter egg where you go to round infinity. You go into the future and all members of the new 4 are dead, showing that their fate isn't looking very bright. Maxis said that he'd open hell on earth to find his daughter, maybe the next and final map will be about him opening the portal to hell or something, also freeing Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai, (and if you choose Richtofen, then maybe he'll have his own reasons for opening the portal) and the Easter egg being about the O3 + Samantha stopping Richtofen and Maxis. Just a theory

I'm guessing this is what Vonderhaar ment by us "Choosing" the fate of the old 4. Maxis obviously wants to destroy everyone and everything besides samantha. Richtofen wanted to be able to return to the physical world and still control the zombies. So with Maxis they would all die which is the "future" richtofen showed them in Infinite round. With Richtofen they will more than likely escape and continue their journey like they have every other map. Now that Richtofen has a body we need to think what he's going to do with it and the others now that they can hear him. And also think about IF these choices will decide how the next map turns out, like whether we are going to go to Agartha and stop maxis as the O4/N4/or even O4 in N4 bodies (After Maxis Ending)? since maxis has the power to do that. Or will we be following Stutofen on another quest for more power (Richtofen Ending)? The theories from here are endless.

On Richtofen's side, the N4 definitely die, as shown on Round Infinity, and clearly shows that Richtofen abandons them. I doubt that he really cares about Samuel either, considering he said he can materialize in any body he desires.

As for Maxis' side of the story, the fate of the N4 is unknown as of this point. My guess is that they will live and attempt to stop Maxis from enacting his plan. In addition, Richtofen is sent to the physical world as a zombie that constantly respawns with blue eyes (this is confirmed) and even tries to communicate and get help from the survivors. Keep in mind that Maxis may not be inherently evil, but the world's destruction is likely an unfortunate effect of his plans. He regrets doing so, but will stop at nothing to be reunited with his daughter- even if it means wiping out the remnants of his former race.

On Richtofen's side, the N4 definitely die, as shown on Round Infinity, and clearly shows that Richtofen abandons them. I doubt that he really cares about Samuel either, considering he said he can materialize in any body he desires.

As for Maxis' side of the story, the fate of the N4 is unknown as of this point. My guess is that they will live and attempt to stop Maxis from enacting his plan. In addition, Richtofen is sent to the physical world as a zombie that constantly respawns with blue eyes (this is confirmed) and even tries to communicate and get help from the survivors. Keep in mind that Maxis may not be inherently evil, but the world's destruction is likely an unfortunate effect of his plans. He regrets doing so, but will stop at nothing to be reunited with his daughter- even if it means wiping out the remnants of his former race.

I am almost 100% sure he is showing you what will happen if Maxis wins in round Infinity. Because he tells them they need to make a small fix. What i took from that was they died because they failed Richtofens steps and Maxis killed them, which is why he told them to go into round Infinity. I dont see why Richtofen would Kill the other 3 and remain alone with noone to talk to. That does not sound like him at all. IF anything he will kill them and use his new strength to put the Old characters in new bodies. Maxis states clearly he is going to kill them all. As for bodies to choose from, he only has 4 people on earth left to pick, I dont think he has very many other options.

If they bring the O4 back for the final DLC I will be pissed. It just would not make sense, at all. You'd have one map, ONE, to explain what they've been doing all this time and how they got back. The part in the infinity round where Richtofen says "this is your future" I do not believe he is indicating that they die at Buried, but they will if they help Maxis. Maxis even says it himself that the Earth and its residents won't survive. This massive hard on for the O4 is frustrating. Everyone complains Treyarch took too long developing the current characters story. Have you ever read a book, or seen a movie/tv show? Remember the first time you did? They never tell you everything at the beginning. That's just bad storytelling. We've now had 3 maps with these characters and now have a lot more info....but not all of it. Would be pretty stupid to just end them now, you know, without telling the whole story and all. If we see the O4 at all in this final DLC, I'd hope it was as non playable characters at the end. You could wrap up this part of the narrative while ending on a cliffhanger for the next game. Or maybe they're just dead and we should just accept it.

I actually agree with what you said about the O4. I've just seen so much from people like Vonderhaar talking about killing off the N4 and bringing the old guys back in, and the fact that we just had this 5 minute cutscene for Buried revealing their past and this bonding going on we didn't see in Die Rise or TranZit. I think they're giving us this emotional connection so it'd be reasonable to kill them off. I made a thread asking about if people would rather see the O4 or N4 in the final DLC. 20 said O4, and 2 said N4. The demand is too high for 3arc to ignore IMO. (I was one of the 2 to say N4 :P ) the storyline with the N4 pre-Buried was sorta bad, and I think the only reason they'd have this plot twist is to redeem it.

Upon looking into this and listening to some of the Blue Eyed zombies' quotes, you're right. That is Richtofen's new physical form. However, I still doubt Maxis would leave Sam in Richtofen's body. Perhaps he'll bring her into the Aether as well. Hopefully Richtofen won't stay like this forever :cry:

Very true. Maxis technically isn't the "Bad Guy". It depends on how you look at things. He's going to huge lengths to save his daughter, even ending humanity just to be with her. In a way, that's a good guy thing, but mainly very bad. And yes, I think that the Moon will survive this incident. Perhaps the O4 will travel from there into Agartha. And last thing: The term for the "perks" you receive in BO2 zombies for specific things, like Head Popper, Iron Boards, Red Insta Kill, etc. have been named "Persistent Upgrades" in 3arc's update notes. Don't confuse these with the actual term Perma Perks, for the perks that are actually, well, permanent. So yes, you're right. You gain the normal perks permanently :)

Know what I'd like to see? The O4 and the N4 in the same map.

I like to imagine that it'd kinda be like in Verruckt where the team is divided until they turn on the power. Except it wouldn't be 2 people on each side, it would be 4 per side. N4 on one side, O4 on the other. We know it is possible to have 8 people in the same match because of Grief mode.

The map would be the biggest one to date (because why not? It's the ending of Zombies), teleporters return to help get around the map, and every perk ever introduced will be featured. The Easter Egg requires all 8 people and will be more difficult that all the previous Easter Eggs. Communication is key as always.

The Easter Egg itself will not be about choosing one side, but it'll be about stopping Richtofen and Maxis completely.

In the end, all questions we have about the story are answered. The answers we receive will blow our mortal minds.

Of course this is just my dream... :( Trying to organize 8 people for an Easter Egg would be hell for starters.

Only thing that bugs me with this game is why they are so cryptic, dont really explain a lot. Dont get me wrong i check these forums all the time and keep up to date with it so i know the story, but my mates who i do the easter eggs with, weve played this since WaW, done all easter eggs, do they have any idea of whats going on? NO.

I like that they dont give a lot away, but whats the harm in making it a bit clearer and leaving things on a cliffhanger like a tv series, and then question whats going on.

Anyway as someone said, maxis says about the EARTH, so i think the O4 are at least going to be heard this next DLC.