Living Stone Mine

Vyhl

C'mon, dont give up. If anything you made the case well enough for myself.

Besides, technically I'm retired. I can't do that any more. We wouldn't want all the retirees running around with secret powers. :P

I simply want to provide structure so that passerbys don't have to wade through pages of the same arguments being made and rejected. You two should just give clear lists, like I said, and let the readers decide for themselves.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I was really hoping you could too.

Anyways I'll do my list and "TheRealMistyBarington" can do theirs and I'll add them to the OP and make a poll.

My list

1. Right in spawn there is a sign with words "Living Stone Mine". like I've stated before I personally cannot get in-game pics so if someone could for me that would be wonderful.

Here's some history for the "Living Stone Mine"

The Livingstone Mine is an abandoned arsenic, copper, gold, lead and zinc mine. It was also known as the Tobys Hill Mine.

The Livingstone Mine just off the Nicholls Rivulet in Tasmania is a mine 36km south-southwest of Hobart and is at an altitude of about 206m above sea level. It's also one of the southernmost mines in Australia.

2. Places that would logically have "old west" mining town would range from

North America

Central America

South America

Australia

All of the above had towns and mining colonies that would have looked very "old west"

African Colonies were much more Victorian at the time...

It would make more sense for Australia to shift into Africa and have on old west town clash with a Victorian one than a town from California going across the world somehow end up in Africa where as Australia is much closer.

Will add more soon.

Peter Livingstone is a guy that works on the zombie maps. A few people tweeted him about it and he let us know it's just a little Easter Egg he dropped in for fun.

The attatched picture:

It's similar to the naming of the upgraded Wunderwaffe, the Wunderwaffe DG 3 JZ, as in Jimmy Zielinski. I recommend following him @flyinhaggis. I originally thought this thread was just pointing out the little Easter Egg, but when I saw 31 replies I decided to check it out. I apologize for not letting you guys know sooner, before all this research.

Although it may be just a joke Mini EE,I tend to still agree with OP as it makes more sense tectonically that something originating in Australia or the surrounding regions would collide with Africa rather than a plate shift from America to Africa.that just doesn't make sense when you're looking at geophysics. I'm not here to debate the validity of either I just feel it would make more sense scientifically but I appreciate both of your theorizing that's why I love this place. word up.

To OP good post..

Even if some of it was "appropriated" from one of my posts. It's cool no worries :mrgreen:

One fact you neglected to mention is the map location is given as "Primary Plates" see plates being plural.

Why would it be plural if it is strictly in Angola. Angola does not border any other continents. So why would plates be plural?

Also one of the last images of the cut scene is what looks like two land masses reaching towards each other over a huge chasm. This is what it would look like if two full fledged continents began to merge.

To the people saying the world map does not depict this, the one on Die Rise shows earth completely torn apart, like as in big separate chunks. Perhaps mending the Rift caused the earth to pull itself back together and some of the plates were moved around in the process.

I thought a few things made it look distinctly American, rather than Australian.

The CANDY shop would be a LOLLIE shop if it were in Aus.

The word SHERIFF seems American to me...wouldn't POLICE be the Aus equivalent?

Everything about the bar screams American Old West! Light fittings, piano, bar itself and the table layout....the architecture overall.

The COURTHOUSE would look different - the one in BURIED looks distinctly American in layout.

The Church also looks American to me, but not for any reason I could put my finger on.

OP the thing about theories is they're just that - if people disagree just take it on board, no need to get all edgy about it. Your theory is a long shot and you don't have much in the way of proof, but if you REALLY beleive it, hang in there bro.

Just wipe out the sand every so often! : )

did you not read any other comments? And I know others may disagree. What was bugging me is that he was outright ignoring that in-game sign saying it didn't matter one bit but the in-game styling of the town did.

This is dead anyways and my little theory has been shown to be nothing more than just a little reference to a top dev at 3ARC for zombies. So in short, I'm an idiot that had a ridiculous stupid theory and this thread should be left to die now.

To OP good post..

Even if some of it was "appropriated" from one of my posts. It's cool no worries :mrgreen:

One fact you neglected to mention is the map location is given as "Primary Plates" see plates being plural.

Why would it be plural if it is strictly in Angola. Angola does not border any other continents. So why would plates be plural?

Also one of the last images of the cut scene is what looks like two land masses reaching towards each other over a huge chasm. This is what it would look like if two full fledged continents began to merge.

To the people saying the world map does not depict this, the one on Die Rise shows earth completely torn apart, like as in big separate chunks. Perhaps mending the Rift caused the earth to pull itself back together and some of the plates were moved around in the process.

Ah yes sorry, forgot to mention that I kinda took a bit from one of your posts. once again, sorry.

It isn't often I post on here but the TS is getting on my nerves with his ignorance regarding plate tectonics.

You can't just explain your theory by saying 'plate tectonics' and that Angola and Australia were once part of the same super-continent (Pangea) - they were, but so was every other country.

Here's an image of Pangea, followed by an image of today's plate boundaries and the direction of plate movement:

As you can see, Angola was nowhere near Australia and never has been. The direction of movement of the plates is what made Pangea separate, but at no point (to my knowledge) has Australia ever been near Angola, of course it wasn't top of my agenda 4 years ago so I could be mistaken but I very much doubt it. There's evidence to show where the continents matched up to each other, including the 'jigsaw fit theory', mountain ranges and rock types stretching across continents. So unless you have another theory on how they were once one and the same...

Just because they modeled the town after one in Calico doesn't mean it's in Calico.

Just because they made a sign that happened to name a mine in Australia, doesn't mean it's in/from Australia.

I can turn your own statement around and use it against you.

I think it refers to Element 115 and it makes the dead become "living" again, and since all of the Element 115 we have seen have been in rocks, it is a "Living stone".

I can't remember who's theory it was, but the gist of it was that the Time Bomb put the town and mine forward in time, and because of the missiles moving the tectonic plates, the town and mine "overwrote" the existing rock that was jutting up.