Living Stone Mine

Vyhl

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I have to completely disagree with you OP, no offense, good theory, but, Buried is clearly in Africa is you look at the map, you can clearly see the outline of the Western Part (Somalia and etc) and Part of the Southern Part of the Continet, and the icon for Buried is in Angola most likely because of the location on the map and the fact the name relates to Angola.

Good theory through, I think the name of the mine is just that.

Did you not read my full post?

Or skip this part of it? "Now with quite a lot of tectonic movement and where the map seems to be located in-game on the world map it would seem the primary plate this mine rests on has shifted somewhere near Africa."

This is simply showing where the town and location originated from as people were only speculating Australia and this confirms that.

Did you not read my full post?

Or skip this part of it? "Now with quite a lot of tectonic movement and where the map seems to be located in-game on the world map it would seem the primary plate this mine rests on has shifted somewhere near Africa."

This is simply showing where the town and location originated from as people were only speculating Australia and this confirms that.

I did read the whole post, I happen to disagree, I think the town originates from America myself, but ethier way, one sign in the map does not confirm that the mine is Livingstone Mine. it's just speculation

I did read the whole post, I happen to disagree, I think the town originates from America myself, but ethier way, one sign in the map does not confirm that the mine is Livingstone Mine. it's just speculation

The town itself is more Victorian than American wild west.

So, a sign in game doesn't tell us where we are at? Everything in the map points to this town and mining facility originating from Australia.

There isn't any mine called "Living Stone" in America by the way.

The town itself is more Victorian than American wild west

So, a sign in game doesn't tell us where we are at? Everything in the map points to this town and mining facility originating from Australia.

The only thing in the map that is remotely Victorian I would say is the Mansion, and they had that type of architecture in America too. but everything in the map minus the Mansion Screams American to me,

So what if there is no Living Stone in America? there is no Station on the Moon that was built by the Nazi's and harvests 115, there is no such thing as Wonder Weapons or any of this, this is Zombies, there could've been a Livingstone in America if they want one to be there.

and also, just because there is a sign that says Livingstone Mine, doesn't mean that is where we are....

The only thing in the map that is remotely Victorian I would say is the Mansion, and they had that type of architecture in America too. but everything in the map minus the Mansion Screams American to me,

So what if there is no Living Stone in America? there is no Station on the Moon that was built by the Nazi's and harvests 115, there is no such thing as Wonder Weapons or any of this, this is Zombies, there could've been a Livingstone in America if they want one to be there.

and also, just because there is a sign that says Livingstone Mine, doesn't mean that is where we are....

You're taking things that are obviously non-existent and comparing it to something that is very possible. Treyarch loves linking locations and their whole story to IRL events and places.

Honestly with your logic we may as well throw away about half of what we know about the zombies storyline.

There is much more evidence showing that Buried originated from Australia.

If you so strongly believe this town is from America then show me in-game evidence through quotes or things around the map that makes more sense than mine.

The town itself is more Victorian than American wild west

That was a really ignorant statement.

If you haven't noticed they took a good amount of time to tie in real life events, and real life situations into the mapa. The bus driver in tranzit quotes locations that are all nuclear sites/conspiracy places such as Bohemian Grove. Also the names of the maps fall on major social events, such as "The Green Mile" or the "Great Leap Forward" which was responsible for 40million Chinese deaths, even Alcatraz and the mobster history of early gangster 1900's America. Then there is the name of the map Resolution 1295 which relates to a UN Resolution on Angola...which happens to be where the map is.

Sure, they could have just put the Great Leap Forward in the US if they really wanted to....

Anybody consider that the space between "living" and "stone" is on purpose? That it is referring the 115? You know...that almost life force element found in stones that reanimated corpses? Maybe it just a 115 mining facility, going through sedimentary rock to find any 115 left over from meteors that pummelled the earth millennia before. While it could be a location, as for relevance to the storyline as a whole, logically it makes more sense that its a 115 facility. This would also explain why zombies from the 1800s exist in a town buried within the mine in the current timeline....you know, from all that 115 in the ground.

Anybody consider that the space between "living" and "stone" is on purpose? That it is referring the 115? You know...that almost life force element found in stones that reanimated corpses? Maybe it just a 115 mining facility, going through sedimentary rock to find any 115 left over from meteors that pummelled the earth millennia before. While it could be a location, as for relevance to the storyline as a whole, logically it makes more sense that its a 115 facility. This would also explain why zombies from the 1800s exist in a town buried within the mine in the current timeline....you know, from all that 115 in the ground.

Well yes of course. This is how it fits into our story. In the beginning of a match i believe Maxis says that this area has very strong connections to the aether as well.

Living Stone probably doesn't link to 115 and is there more for the location but we can assume that in our zombie story this was a 115 mining facility.

That was a really ignorant statement.

If you haven't noticed they took a good amount of time to tie in real life events, and real life situations into the mapa. The bus driver in tranzit quotes locations that are all nuclear sites/conspiracy places such as Bohemian Grove. Also the names of the maps fall on major social events, such as "The Green Mile" or the "Great Leap Forward" which was responsible for 40million Chinese deaths, even Alcatraz and the mobster history of early gangster 1900's America. Then there is the name of the map Resolution 1295 which relates to a UN Resolution on Angola...which happens to be where the map is.

Sure, they could have just put the Great Leap Forward in the US if they really wanted to....

You don't think I know that? how was my statement ignorant? I was merely stating I disagree with the OP's theory and think he is taking too much into context with the Livingstone sign, I know the map is obviously in Angola, the name Resolution 1295 relates to Angolan History, like Great Leap Forward did with China, and etc.

I don't understand how I am ignorant in disagreeing with the OP?

You're not reading any of my posts. The location that the mining facility and town is originally from is Australia but due to tectonic shifts from the rockets from Moon it has moved to be where Angola is.

"Now with quite a lot of tectonic movement and where the map seems to be located in-game on the world map it would seem the primary plate this mine rests on has shifted somewhere near Africa."

^^^

Those lines of text have been in my original post on here since the beginning yet you choose to ignore them.

You're taking things that are obviously non-existent and comparing it to something that is very possible. Treyarch loves linking locations and their whole story to IRL events and places.

Honestly with your logic we may as well throw away about half of what we know about the zombies storyline.

If you so strongly believe this town is from America then show me in-game evidence through quotes or things around the map that makes more sense than mine.

Yeah they do, they linked Buried to IRL Events and Locations via the whole Resolution 1295 connection to Angola, and the fact that the Buried town is based off the city of Calico in California, I feel there is stronger evidence for it being a American mining town, and the fact the town looks American (minus the obviously Victorian mansion)

There is no evidence that Buried originated from Australia ethier, except the whole there just happens to be a sign that shares a name with a Australian mine.

I disagree with you're Theory, im sorry, I just do, I think there's no evidence to back this up except you're claim, The sign more then likely means nothing.

You're not reading any of my posts. The location that the mining facility and town is originally from is Australia but due to tectonic shifts from the rockets from Moon it has moved to be where Angola is.

"Now with quite a lot of tectonic movement and where the map seems to be located in-game on the world map it would seem the primary plate this mine rests on has shifted somewhere near Africa."

^^^

Those lines of text have been in my original post on here since the beginning yet you choose to ignore them.

You're acting you're theory is fact.

The location that the mining facility and town is originally from is Australia

You are putting it out there as if it was the truth, when it is not, it is just a theory, unless there is in game quotes or evidence to back it up, there is absoulutely no proof what so ever that the town is from Australia, the only proof you gave was the sign, which could also mean absoulutely nothing, I am not saying it isen't from Australia, but at this point, there is no clear evidence to me that is from Australia, and all evidence to me points towards a American town.

Yeah they do, they linked Buried to IRL Events and Locations via the whole Resolution 1295 connection to Angola, and the fact that the Buried town is based off the city of Calico in California, I feel there is stronger evidence for it being a American mining town, and the fact the town looks American (minus the obviously Victorian mansion)

There is no evidence that Buried originated from Australia ethier, except the whole there just happens to be a sign that shares a name with a Australian mine.

I disagree with you're Theory, im sorry, I just do, I think there's no evidence to back this up except you're YOURclaim, The sign more then likely means nothing.

Treyarch just doesn't put stuff like that sign in their maps for nothing. That's evident throughout every zombies map.

Also could you maybe be educated and use the correct version of "your"?

Where's your evidence that this town is based off of one in Calico? Links please? I believe that it is by the way, this isn't the first time Treyarch has done something like that.

I can turn your own statement around and use it against you.

Just because they modeled the town after one in Calico doesn't mean it's in Calico.

If you're going to continue and ignore in-game evidence of a area origin location then you might as well ignore the in-game styling of the town.

I like to agree with TheVyhl's theory, more evidence is connected to the characters themselves seeing as we're led to believe that after Die Rise they travelled on foot from eastern China through the Middle east to southern Africa all the while fighting hordes of zombies, & from Buried's intro it looks like the characters arn't that worse for ware so i'd imagine it took them a lot less time travelling than it should have.

Another thing is the shape of the earth doesn't have a strict cannon seeing as we've seen 3 different maps of the earth.

Treyarch just doesn't put stuff like that sign in their maps for nothing. That's evident throughout every zombies map.

Where's your evidence that this town is based off of one in Calico? Links please? I believe that it is by the way, this isn't the first time Treyarch has done something like that.

Just because they modeled the town after one in Calico doesn't mean it's in Calico.

If you're going to continue and ignore in-game evidence of a area origin location then you might as well ignore the in-game styling of the town.

Treyarch has put plenty of stuff like that in Zombies map before im sure, the Nuketown street signs for example, were references to famous Nuclear tests, they had no bearing except as a small EE, or the Richtofen books, or the Signs that reference to kill yourself if you're biten in Mob of the Dead not everything in a Zombies map has to have a distinct meaning or purpose, everything is in the eye of the beholder of course, but that is how I feel.

I never said that it was in Calico, I said it was modeled after Calico, but they modeled the Buried town after a AMERICAN wild west town, it is obviously American architecture and American design and obviously looks like a American old west mining town. why do you think everyone thought this would be in America instead of Africa? because it is a American old west town, there is absoulutely no evidence that points to Australia in game, no in game quotes, no hints, the only evidence you provide is this supposed sign, which could also have a entirely different meaning as one other poster said, or no meaning at all.

Until you show me concrete evidence the Buried town is from Australia, I will have to disagree with you're theory, as I see no concrete evidence to even back it up.

@Dragonfly, the map is obviously in Angola, that is a given, however the fact they traveled from China to Angola on foot doesn't mean that the city comes from Australia, it just proves they traveled on foot,

That is true also, however, I still disagree with the OP's theory.

Treyarch has put plenty of stuff like that in Zombies map before im sure, the Nuketown street signs for example, were references to famous Nuclear tests, they had no bearing except as a small EE, or the Richtofen books, or the Signs that reference to kill yourself if you're biten in Mob of the Dead not everything in a Zombies map has to have a distinct meaning or purpose, everything is in the eye of the beholder of course, but that is how I feel.

I never said that it was in Calico, I said it was modeled after Calico, but they modeled the Buried town after a AMERICAN wild west town, it is obviously American architecture and American design and obviously looks like a American old west mining town. why do you think everyone thought this would be in America instead of Africa? because it is a American old west town, there is absoulutely no evidence that points to Australia in game, no in game quotes, no hints, the only evidence you provide is this supposed sign, which could also have a entirely different meaning as one other poster said, or no meaning at all.

Until you show me concrete evidence the Buried town is from Australia, I will have to disagree with you're theory, as I see no concrete evidence to even back it up.

@Dragonfly, the map is obviously in Angola, that is a given, however the fact they traveled from China to Angola on foot doesn't mean that the city comes from Australia, it just proves they traveled on foot,

You also have 0 evidence for it to be in an American town. Like I said before, if you're going to ignore an in-game sign with a location of a real mining facility in a location that many people speculated it was in before then you can also ignore that the in-game modeling of the town is after a city in California.

With your logic you're saying neither of us are right. You have no evidence for where this town is from and neither do I using your logic.

I guess we can assume that Die Rise isn't in China since their isn't any in-game quotes from the characters. With your logic none of the signs or aesthetic look of the map doesn't determine it's location.

You heard it here first everyone. It's possible that Die Rise takes place in America.

You also have 0 evidence for it to be in an American town. Like I said before, if you're going to ignore an in-game sign with a location of a real mining facility in a location that many people speculated it was in before then you can also ignore that the in-game modeling of the town is after a city in California.

With your logic you're saying neither of us are right. You have no evidence for where this town is from and neither do I using your logic.

I guess we can assume that Die Rise isn't in China since their isn't any in-game quotes from the characters. With your logic none of the signs or aesthetic look of the map doesn't determine it's location.

You heard it here first everyone. It's not possible that Die Rise takes place in America.

What does Die Rise have to do anything with this? Die Rise is obviously in China, there is no questioning that, I never said that, you seem to be getting overly mad at me because I disagree with you're theory.

Treyarch has reference many real life locations in maps before, doesn't actually mean the map is there.

I Personally feel there is more evidence to the town being from America instead of Australia, while there is not even a single piece of evidence hinting towards Australia im sorry. I believe you are wrong, but did this have to turn into a argument?

I'm not overly mad. I'm just demonstrating your logic to you but in a different scenario so you can see why it is flawed.

Not a single piece of evidence? When will you stop ignoring this in-game sign and the Victorian house?

The only evidence you have is Treyarch's laziness on having to model this town after an already existing one

Places that would logically have "old west" mining town would be

North America

Central America

South America

Australia

All of the above had towns and mining colonies that would have looked very "old west"

So now Buried could take place in any of these places even though there is a sign in-game with the name of a Mining Facility that actually exists in Australia and no other real life or specific names or in-game places in the map.

@ TheRealMistyBriarton

Please state in a clear list format all the reasons why this is an American Old West Town.

Please then state all the reasons this could not be an old Austrailian town.

@ The Vyhl

Please respond with a clear list for all the possible reasons this could be an Austrailian town.

Please then state all the reasons this could not be an American Old West town.

@ Both

Please refrain from back and forth arguing, over-wording your arguments to make them seem more significant, using circular logic, or posting your arguments without either the ability to cite a source, or use basic (nothing much more complex than 2+2) logic for justification.

Please keep your responses to my request as short and complete as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I certainly have a source for mine. He is just ignoring it entirely.

Since someone else on this site who's more popular and has a higher post count will find this sign and post a thread on the same thing and then finally people will notice I'm just going to delete my original post since it just turned into an argument using some backwards logic.

EDIT: Nevermind forgot I couldn't do that. Just delete this entire thread MegaAfroMan there's no point for it anymore.