ATTN Treyarch (Please fix) - Green mist + Paralyzer is OP

Dahniska

Wasn't the Acidgat overpowered? You hear this for every wonder weapon. In a sense you could say any of them are OP. Not everyone is god at using these guns, people just find ways to use them to their advantage. You wanna take that away from them? Just because they can get far in a game..

If you don't like it.. just don't do it.. and ignore the people that do do it. It's not hard.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the Acidgat overpowered? You hear this for every wonder weapon. In a sense you could say any of them are OP. Not everyone is god at using these guns, people just find ways to use them to their advantage. You wanna take that away from them? Just because they can get far in a game..

If you don't like it.. just don't do it.. and ignore the people that do do it. It's not hard.

Yes, all Wonder Weapons are overpowered (except the VR-11 because that really didn't kill Zombies and the Jet Gun, of course), that is the point of Wonder Weapons, they are extremely powerful weapons that are stronger then normal bullet guns, Wonder Weapons have been like this since Nacht and the Ray Gun, as he said, just ignore people who do it.

Thing is it messes up the leaderboards, and stats. It makes people who are good less recognizable... I don't get it, why was there such a hue and cry about the Die Rise spawn exploits, but now people don't care anymore?

Thing is it messes up the leaderboards, and stats. It makes people who are good less recognizable... I don't get it, why was there such a hue and cry about the Die Rise spawn exploits, but now people don't care anymore?

Because you could say that the Die Rise spawn exploit ruined the game and was a cheap tactic to use to kill Zombies.

And the reason they don't care anymore is because the spawn glitches are all patched...?

I think this strategy is fair. Its just basic camping while taking advantage of the new perk. There are people who have gotten much higher by running around. Its up to you what to choose. Camping is slow but easy, while training is fast but risky, this map makes both tactics viable. The gun itself is not incredibly OP, its the green mist in cobination. I would support the idea of no green mist for paralyser kills, i just hope they dont do what they done to sliquifier, its useless 100+.

As mentioned earlier, wonder weapons are designed to be OP and are there to use for high rounds. I would like to say that nobody complained about MOTD's Wonder weapon OP or even purgatory or the redeemer. The wonder weapon would save you endlessley when you were in trouble, purgatory would give you tons of chances during a game. and then a tomahawk which is always 1hit kill. And when the acid trap strategy was found, it just required time and patience for high rounds (im not saying it takes no skill. the area was cramped, and recovering from a down was difficult).

Why d people always complain about how other people play the game? This isn't even a glitch, this is utilizing the games mechanics in a perfectly fair way. Is it cheating? NO.

The same could be said about people who could get 300 kills with one shot of the sliquifier. It's not necessarily unfair, but it is undeniably a bit... I don't know, excessive? They patched the sliquifier for similar reasons. I don't see why they won't for this as well.

I am 100% for making Paralyzer/Petrifier kills not produce Vulture drops, or at least not producing green gas. Unless the zombies took damage from a non-paralyzer weapon.

That way the gun is still useful if you still want to camp with others, but in all honesty there logically shouldn't be a super effective single player camping strat without traps.

One of the few things that makes camping seem logically plausible is being able to alternate reloads so that you each can take time to do so, while consistantly firing at the oncoming horde.

So I reiterate, I am 100% for making Paralyzer/Petrifier kills not produce Vulture drops, or at least not producing green gas. Unless the zombies took damage from a non-paralyzer weapon.

I see no reason to complain. No matter what play style you have wether it be training or camping you are exploiting the game. Training is technically an extremely useful AI exploit. Don't get me wrong If the map is made for creating trains then I will train. However smaller maps like Shangri La, Five or Buried leave the player with little room to move about. Different maps suit different play styles. Simple as that.

Guys, if you haven't realized it by now, treyarch has been designing maps that are tailored for both camping and training. In bo1, it was all about training. There was no good camping spot that could get you to round 40+. In bo2, that's all changed. I think treyarch wanted to make maps that pleased both campers and trainers. Props to them, and another reason why I feel bo2 is superior.

There is no OP in a PVE game. Stop trying to Nerf the world.

There is no need to change anything.

Camping is a legitimate strategy and quite frankly us campers are tired of every map being training friendly to the detriment of Camping since COTD.

This map makes both techniques viable, so of course Trainers hate it. :mrgreen:

BTW training is an AI exploit so I don't see how it's more respectable than camping. (Paralyzer/Vuture-aid aside)

***The Paralyzer has many drawbacks that balance the gun as whole. I think your issue is with Vuture Aid***

yes i agree, people need to stop cryin

I hate when people want to nerf things. I always hear that the new wonder weapon on the new maps need to be nerfed. If you don't like it then don't use it. The only reason you'd care about it being nerfed is because of the leaderboards, which I don't see why that matters. I like the Paralyzer (haven't tried camping with it) just because I can fly around with it. When I play with my friends we do both, training and camping and both ways are fun for us. I'll probably tell them to try this one, but on the Jugg side since that is a fun camping/final stand area.

I hate when people want to nerf things. I always hear that the new wonder weapon on the new maps need to be nerfed. If you don't like it then don't use it. The only reason you'd care about it being nerfed is because of the leaderboards, which I don't see why that matters. I like the Paralyzer (haven't tried camping with it) just because I can fly around with it. When I play with my friends we do both, training and camping and both ways are fun for us. I'll probably tell them to try this one, but on the Jugg side since that is a fun camping/final stand area.

I have no issue with the Paralyzer itself. The thing that irks me is that the Vulture Perk combined with it makes if FAR too easy to camp.

The issue isn't the gun, its the camping areas... There are a LOT of camping spots, but from what I've seen there are many glitches, like the courthouse one where one uses a trample steam to stand above a window and just shoots the paralyzer down to kill, then the zombies cant get him.... Invisible walls and barriers are needed, not nerfed guns....

The green mist thing IS a part of the game and the only solution I see is to reduce the amount of STINKY zombies....

If it's that OP in your eyes, don't buy vulture aid and don't take the paralyzer if thats what rolls. If people enjoy camping, which was the original way to play back in WaW, then that's fine. The paralyzer is only OP if you know how to use it.

It's not camping when you are using an infinite ammo weapon AND the zombies are running away from you after every horde you kill until your weapon cools down enough to kill another horde.

I love the available camping spots. The locations are great. The Paralyzer is great. Vulture aid is great.

Vulture Aid + Paralyzer is far too easy though. It is NOT camping when you have no concern for ammo and the zombies are running away from you.

All they need to do is to make it so a zombie that is killed via the paralyzer without taking ANY damage from other weapons CANNOT drop green gas.

To those that say "Stop complaining" or "if you dont like it, the dont use it" are missing the point. It's not that we feel it is cheap and underhanded. It's that it makes it too easy to "water down" the leaderboards. Yes the leader boards are not 100% accurate, but they still give you a good idea of where you are related to other people. Treyarch does an okay job at removing terrible glitchers, so there isnt usually any round 2000's on the board.

I personally like to figure out what percentile I am within, and if anyone and their dog can sit in one spot, hold down Right Trigger, then move a few steps to stand in green gas for 30 seconds and then repeat until they reach round 50+ then it makes people who actually are fighting by the skin of their teeth, holding out in a camping spot with traps and an LMG, or dogding and training in the clearings look and feel worse about their final scores.

All they need to do is to make it so a zombie that is killed via the paralyzer without taking ANY damage from other weapons CANNOT drop green gas.

^^^ this is the best solution. Easy, Peasy, Japanesy.

They could even go further and just make the paralyzer not give out stink period. Just like some other WW's that don't allow drops. I don't see that being very hard either.

I hate the idea of nerfing one gun because of a spawn exploit. Instead let's fix the spawn.

I understand why everyone is against this strategy, but it's not the Paralyzer or Vulture-Aid's fault. I am totally against the suggestion to make the Paralyzer disconnect from the Vulture-Aid drops.

If you're camping in the Courthouse, you have the Tunnel behind you that doesn't spawn anything. If the Tunnel was spawning Zombies, this camping strategy would not be as easy. Leaderboard problem solved.

I love the Paralyzer and I love Vulture-Aid. The combination of using the green stink to hide while your Paralyzer is cooling is awesome. Just because you're upset about leaderboards is no reason to eliminate the combination. Instead we should be demanding that there aren't spawn exploits like the one in the Courthouse. There's really no need to penalize me and my fun because the already broken leaderboard doesn't magically get better with new DLC.

smh @ nerfing one gun becuase of a spawn exploit

IDK if anyone has really notice but there are ALOT of camping spots on this new map. ALL of which have no spawns behind you but all in front of you. The Jugg hallway is one of them. But once your in rds 45+ even these locations become difficult to hold off. Its all about "Dat Trigger Finger". Stop asking Treyarch to nerf the world because people found easy places to camp in zombies. Noone said zombies was all about the trains, but anytime someone finds a good spot to camp and get high rounds it becomes an exploit, or someone whines about a gun being OP. First it was Jet Gun sucks, Then Sliquifier too OP, Then the blundergat was too OP, now this gun is too OP. What happened to letting Wonder Weapons be Wonderful.

It's not camping when you are using an infinite ammo weapon AND the zombies are running away from you after every horde you kill until your weapon cools down enough to kill another horde.

This.

At first I thought you were overreacting Dahniska, and then i finally had some time to play a solo game for a bit last night, and I have to kinda agree with this. I don't think they should do anything about it particularly, its just going to be an easy map. Its not the first. they didnt do anything to nerf the thundergun on ascension... no need to nerf anything here. Just have to take it for what it is, and realize that 50 is not a particularly impressive round on this particular map

So if they developed and UNLIMITED AI spawn, you would want to nef that right? seeing as the game would be impossable at some poin in the 20's. If their was no max spawn number you would want the petrifyer and scavenger just the way it is.... stop complining and just play the game. jeezz. if you dont like it do something else. If your jelious of them camping to a high round, out camp them to a high round..... or show them up and train to a higher round. Noobs....