ATTN Treyarch (Please fix) - Green mist + Paralyzer is OP

Dahniska

I've been talking with my friends and watching the leaderboards. Right now there are a LOT of people over 60... and few of those people actually got that far by being good at zombies. Most got their rounds by doing something very simple and lame: sitting in a corner or hallway, with the Paralyzer.

As we all know, the Paralyzer is essentially a revamped and improved Jet Gun. It's amazing and has only one flaw, really - the cooldown time, when you're vulnerable. What would it be like if you could become invincible during cooldown, though? Wouldn't that be good? Well, turns out that you can! And not only can you do that, but you can get to ridiculously high rounds doing just that. This is what people are doing to get high rounds on this map.

Just sit in the tunnel above the bar. Use the Paralyzer to kill zombies, and then sit in the green gas from dead zombies when the gun needs to recharge. That's it. Watch your high rounds come easily and quickly, and the best part of it is, you don't need good reaction time or flawless execution of a train strategy. Max Ammos are 100% optional, in fact, all power-ups are.

This is really stupid. While it's not a glitch by definition, it's (in my mind) just about the same as sitting in the GalvaKnuckles room in Die Rise and watching the zombies spawn into your kill chain. Zombies wasn't made to be like this, and there is no reason to try to get better - or to go for high rounds on the leaderboards the real, hard way - as long as people can just do this.

Please fix, Treyarch. Give the gun a lot more cooldown, or reduce the longevity of the gas effect, or something. I don't want a repeat of Die Rise... this new map is very fun to play and well-made, but having the combination of this Paralyzer in combo with this gas just ruins any competitive possibilities this map could have.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no OP in a PVE game. Stop trying to Nerf the world.

There is no need to change anything.

Camping is a legitimate strategy and quite frankly us campers are tired of every map being training friendly to the detriment of Camping since COTD.

This map makes both techniques viable, so of course Trainers hate it. :mrgreen:

BTW training is an AI exploit so I don't see how it's more respectable than camping. (Paralyzer/Vuture-aid aside)

***The Paralyzer has many drawbacks that balance the gun as whole. I think your issue is with Vuture Aid***

Not to come off as a douche but this seems more like whining than actual concern.

Personally, I don't see why this is a problem to you. It's not like it's an exploit/glitch. It's just a strategy that happens to be very effective.

I'm pretty sure only one person can get the Paralyzer, correct? (PS3 player)

"Zombies wasn't made to be like this?" Wrong. The purpose of the game is survival, is it not? Survival via any and all means except for glitching. This isn't a glitch, it's just a new/different strategy that can only be used on this one map.

Personally, I don't care about it. I'd rather Treyarch forcus their efforts on actually banning the real glitchers from the leaderboards, y'know, the people with 214 rounds and 0 kills? Etc.

Remember, you don't have to play that way. If you think it makes you better to limit yourself from using this strategy, by all means don't but why ruin it for those who do? It's not cheating so no harm, no foul, right?

What they should fix is the Ghost girls taking 2 grand a hit, that's a bit much, though I at least understand the reasoning behind it since most will probably use their banks to speed up the game.

Not to come off as a douche but this seems more like whining than actual concern.

Personally, I don't see why this is a problem to you. It's not like it's an exploit/glitch. It's just a strategy that happens to be very effective.

"Zombies wasn't made to be like this?" Wrong. The purpose of the game is survival, is it not? Survival via any and all means except for glitching. This isn't a glitch, it's just a new/different strategy that can only be used on this one map.

Personally, I don't care about it. I'd rather Treyarch forcus their efforts on actually banning the real glitchers from the leaderboards, y'know, the people with 214 rounds and 0 kills? Etc.

Remember, you don't have to play that way. If you think it makes you better to limit yourself from using this strategy, by all means don't but why ruin it for those who do? It's not cheating so no harm, no foul, right?

What they should fix is the Ghost girls taking 2 grand a hit, that's a bit much, though I at least understand the reasoning behind it since most will probably use their banks to speed up the game.

If the strategy of sitting in one place with the zombies unable to do anything to you unless you mess up is part of what Treyarch made Zombies to be like, then why did they fix the exploit on Die Rise with the GalvaKnuckles room? It does appear that they want to encourage the concept of camping, but not to the point that it's mindless and takes no effort or risk on the player's part.

People can use all the arguments you're using for this to defend Die Rise's GK room spawn exploit, but in the end Treyarch fixed it. The simple fact is that this, infinitely camping in a spot where Zombies cannot kill you unless you mess up, isn't what they have (up to this point) designed for you to do. The game cannot be competitive-focused with leaderboards if anyone can simply just do this. Sure, the good players can go for harder strategies but unless they do the easiest, mindless ones then everyone has an advantage over them, which is discouraging and demotivating. This is why I want to see this nerfed - camping in all other maps is doable, but in the end there is a large risk factor. This map shouldn't be any different.

Gotta agree with the OP about this particular spot,and think they WILL fix it like they did Die Rise and wipe the leader boards clean.

On the camping though, I'm all for it, legitimately. Try holing up at Juggernog, or in the Pack a Punch room.. You have to have timed effort on reloads, grabbing power ups etc, it IS a challenge.. But don't get me wrong. I'd rather be running a circle in the Saloon.

If the strategy of sitting in one place with the zombies unable to do anything to you unless you mess up is part of what Treyarch made Zombies to be like, then why did they fix the exploit on Die Rise with the GalvaKnuckles room? It does appear that they want to encourage the concept of camping, but not to the point that it's mindless and takes no effort or risk on the player's part.

People can use all the arguments you're using for this to defend Die Rise's GK room spawn exploit, but in the end Treyarch fixed it. The simple fact is that this, infinitely camping in a spot where Zombies cannot kill you unless you mess up, isn't what they have (up to this point) designed for you to do. The game cannot be competitive-focused with leaderboards if anyone can simply just do this. Sure, the good players can go for harder strategies but unless they do the easiest, mindless ones then everyone has an advantage over them, which is discouraging and demotivating. This is why I want to see this nerfed - camping in all other maps is doable, but in the end there is a large risk factor. This map shouldn't be any different.

What are you talking about?

You can die in this spot, just by waiting too long to reload or any number of ways. This is not a glitch or exploit in the least, its just like the catwalk on der riese or the grenade room in nacht. If you are lacking in your skills you will not make it in to the 30's period.

If you are talking about the weapon then I don't have too much info as I've only gotten it once and did not use it in this spot. However; I am against pretty much any Nerf on Zombies period, just on general principles.

Why d people always complain about how other people play the game? This isn't even a glitch, this is utilizing the games mechanics in a perfectly fair way. Is it cheating? NO.

It really doesn't matter, enjoy the game. Don't worry about what other people do, just have fun. As far as the leaderboards are concerned.. who really cares anyone. If someone wants to glitch their way up the leaderboards then that's between them and Treyarch, even though this has nothing to do with glitces, just saying.

My point is this: if you enjoy the game, have fun playing it the way you want to play it. Don't worry about what other people are doing even if you may consider it OP

ITS A COOP GAME WHATS WITH YOU KIDS WANTING TO NERF STUFF. JUST LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 OMG GUN TO OP LETS NERF IT. nothing in zombies needs to be nerfed ever

The problem with this mind set is, whether you believe zombies should be nerfed or not, treyarch do believe they should nerf there game, Evident in the sliquifier patch.

This particular strategy seems very easy and powerful, It just so happens that the new WW and the new perk go together passably a little too well

but IMO I can't really think of a solution, the perk and the WW used separately work too well, But any way of nerfing them I can think of would stop the tactic mentioned in the OP but will make the item too weak to be used independently.

I would support a idea that stops the two being used in this way but lets them remain powerful when used separately as I am a fan of camping as well as training but I don't think this tactic is a good thing for campers who don't want to use it for a high round run

Either way you ask it to be nerfed treyarch will nerf it but not in the correct way.

This has happened before, someone complained that the Sliqifuier was too OP during a insta kill and too OP for the leaderboards.

So they nerfed it and now it works TERRIBLE, not only that but they already destroyed the accuracy on my favorite LMG the "Hamr"

I don't mind them nerfing guns if it really bothers you THAT badly but still it ruins my own zombie experience when a cool gun that I usually never see or play has been ruined.

Treyarch put the guns in the game for a reason, they respect the players I personally like the new guns and believe they work fine.

Then again im not worried about people going high on the leaderboards because I only play zombies for fun, not for being on top.

Why not just make so that using the paralyzer to kill a zombie doesn't make the green gas?

That seems pretty reasonable. +1

I do agree this would mostly solve the issue of this. Otherwise they need to fix the Trample Steam so people can't get into glitches... I saw people doing glitches with it today.

I think the problem is the the ranking system paired with the leaderboards. The only reason anything is ever OP is because these strategies help achieve higher rounds while affecting rank. Personally I'm not a fan of training, it's boring and really isn't indicative of skill. You can run in circles for hours? So the fuck what. I like having fun when I play, running from area to area, using weaker weapons, not using double tap or pack a punch. It's more of a challenge to have to weave your way in and out of oncoming threats while using the entire map and its features rather than exploiting the zombies predictable paths. And there is definitely merit to camping, as someone said earlier, isn't that the point? Survival? Don't know about you, but in pretty much every zombie movie, our heroes M-O is to find a stronghold and defend it by any and all means. I think Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later would've been pretty dumb if it was just a couple of hours of our protagonists running in circles until all the zombies were dead.

It's not a glitch, not and exploit and not OP weapons. Just smart strategy. Get over it.

I don't want to get into the debate of camper vs. trainer. Both strategies require different skill sets and each have their own challenges. I don't really call getting into the gas an exploit or glitch, that's the players being clever and using all their tools to their advantage.

What I will offer is the issue I have with the Paralyzer. It doesn't penalize you enough for overheating it. Just not being able to use it for X amount of time is not enough to dissuade people from using it in conunction with strategies like mentioned in the OP. On top of that, if I don't get the Paralyzer in a game, I have only one option to ever get it: Player holding it goes down and I let them die.

I think Treyarch should patch in that Richtofen takes the Paralyzer if the counter ever hits 115. This will dissuade players from over-using the weapon and also give everyone a fair chance to have the weapon because if the idiot 'Joe' you play with gets lucky, but has no clue how to use the weapon, he should not be able to keep it.

A little part of me dies everytime I don't get that weapon. Best WW to date, by far.

I think the problem is the the ranking system paired with the leaderboards. The only reason anything is ever OP is because these strategies help achieve higher rounds while affecting rank. Personally I'm not a fan of training, it's boring and really isn't indicative of skill. You can run in circles for hours? So the fuck what. I like having fun when I play, running from area to area, using weaker weapons, not using double tap or pack a punch. It's more of a challenge to have to weave your way in and out of oncoming threats while using the entire map and its features rather than exploiting the zombies predictable paths. And there is definitely merit to camping, as someone said earlier, isn't that the point? Survival? Don't know about you, but in pretty much every zombie movie, our heroes M-O is to find a stronghold and defend it by any and all means. I think Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later would've been pretty dumb if it was just a couple of hours of our protagonists running in circles until all the zombies were dead.

It's not a glitch, not and exploit and not OP weapons. Just smart strategy. Get over it.

I'll just point out that I've never seen a new player in Zombies be able to train to round 30, but I've seen plenty of people who couldn't make it past 30 go to 70+ sitting in glitches (where zombies can't touch them), in exploit spots like Die Rise GK room (where zombies can't touch them), and by sitting in the green gas with Paralyzer (where zombies can't touch them).

You think training doesn't take skill? Then why can't everyone do it perfectly and get high rounds? In any case as I've said before Treyarch has shown a trend of supporting the idea that running around with the zombies following is the end-game strategy; not sitting in a corner. There was a thread with a massive list of complaints when Die Rise came out and the leaderboards were full of GK room people. I don't get how this is that much different.

And yeah Eternal, since that weapon lets you fly around, I hate seeing someone else get it, lol.

Training since bo1 Kino der toten, think I'll try that camping strategy now.

Face it kids people been running the train longer and more effectively than they have been using camping strategies. Need I remind you guys (who've been on the forum for a while now) that when bo2 was coming out most expert slayas were all for changing zombie AI so they'd ruin our trains, hell even syndicate was for it. Just because 2 maps have an efficient camping strat now doesn't make them OP. Hell the only map I ever even camped on was five.

I don't think ethier are overpowered, Vulture Aid is a great perk, and the Paralyzer is one of the best Wonder Weapons in a while, it's a perfect combo. but I feel, you need things to be OP a bit in Zombies to achieve high rounds. this isen't Multiplayer, you need to outbest the Zombies.

I have been training since World at War, I think I will continue to do so.