Maxis' true intentions are finally revealed!

Dahniska

• Administrators

He is saving them by killing them, basically. Saving them from Richtofen, from everything he can and will do to the human race. I haven't seen the entire EE, but that is how I am perceiving all this.

If he becomes the demonic announcer, then at that point they ARE saved from Richtofen (at least presumably). Anything further is Maxis' own doing... such as destroying them and the planet.

He becomes an announcer, but Richtofen keeps announcer voice as well so I don't think he has absolute control and can protect everyone from Richtofen. I may be wrong, but we will find out as we go along.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I never trusted Maxis. I mean, from the very beginning it was obvious he was a darker character at the very least. I mean, come on, using his daughter's pregnant dog as a test subject for the teleporter? What kind of father does that? Say what you will about Richtofen, he's just insane, not so much evil(Not to say there isn't evil there however). He's basically a stereotypical mad scientist who just wants to experiment with essentially everything.

Doesn't appear to be "full control" but rather they share the same body now, as it's apparent Samuel's still there as well.

Should be interesting, I'm thinking Richtofen will be able to randomly take over for a while and vice versa.

Like everyone else, I'm extremely curious as to where and what could possibly be next.

Still clinging to the hope we'll get our heroes(O4) back soon, while the N4 have certainly grown, I still want the O4. They deserve to finish it.

On a random sidenote, kinda boring of them to make the zombie's eyes orange again if Maxis takes control. Why not another new color? Green? Purple? Hell, even white(With an actual glow, not like dead zombies in Black Ops)? The variations would be a nice touch as all. Oh well.

Yes but what if your EE's are mixed up. Say You did one maxis and two Ric, or two maxis and one Ric. How would this work if we were powering the towers for them to remain in control?

As far as I am understanding this the quotes from the characters are only coming from after you press the button on the box behind the judge's spot in the courthouse. Once a full team has all 3 lights light up the same color, and all 3 lightbulbs on top are light up, then the box is openable and a button is inside.

See ROFLWaffles video of the Richtofen's side easter egg. much more complete though I suggest more time added to the end, it cuts right after one of Richtofen's words.

Thing that is bothering me is that I haven't seen a full video of the Maxis side.

I have seen some videos showing the end of the easter egg but has anyone seen a video AFTER the end? You know stuff that shows what eye color zombies get when Maxis is in control, his firesale song or just some quotes of him as the announcer in general.

Why is no one talking about this "Argetha" place Maxis said he can now get to? I'm sure I'm going out on a very long stretch here but maybe there is a new planet that Maxis is trying to get the N4 to. Earth might be beyond repairing (it take over 100 years for a place to become live able after a nuke) and the "rift" is some sort of connection from Earth to this new planet. Maxis has to have a plan on where he and his daughter will live after he finds/saves her and it sounds like it won't be Earth.

Like I said above, I'm sure this most likely isn't going to be the case, but Maxis must have a plan for after life on Earth is destroyed.

Why is no one talking about this "Argetha" place Maxis said he can now get to? I'm sure I'm going out on a very long stretch here but maybe there is a new planet that Maxis is trying to get the N4 to. Earth might be beyond repairing (it take over 100 years for a place to become live able after a nuke) and the "rift" is some sort of connection from Earth to this new planet. Maxis has to have a plan on where he and his daughter will live after he finds/saves her and it sounds like it won't be Earth.

Like I said above, I'm sure this most likely isn't going to be the case, but Maxis must have a plan for after life on Earth is destroyed.

As far as we are aware, Agartha is a mystical place underneath the Earth.

• Administrators

Agartha is not a new planet, it's a mythical city inside of the Earth, to which Shangri-La is an entrance. It follows the Hollow Earth theory, and below is a quote from my thread that was believed by the Nazi's:

[The Vril-ya] created the city known as Agartha, capital being Shambhala, which is a legendary city that resided in the Earth’s Core, Hollow Earth. Agartha was the center of intellectual progress, enlightenment, and was powered by the Black Sun (mentioned in Der Riese) or the Central Sun, a black star located within the earth itself said to contain immense power, called VRIL Energy. Over time, evidence began to show that this “vril” was the very lifeblood of the Aryans, the source of powerful psychic and technological advancements among their race.

I don't think he is evil, Honesstly he just wants his daughter back. I mean what parent wouldnt do anything to get their child back.

or

at first he wants to get his daughter back then he still wants to rule whatevers left of the world with his daughter at his side. A little Family Ruling.

Either way, he is gonna open a gateway to Agartha, and if anything is clear, when in-game characters start saying the name of a place sometimes its the likely-hood of it being the next map. Not saying it is, but hell back in WaW in Shi-no-Numa that recording to 'Contain' Der Riese practically said 'hey your going here next have fun!' and it was true. Not saying it could happen but it's a possibility.

But in Question: how will the choices you made from previous maps effect the last?

Im sure tons of people have done: Richtofens Side of the Egg on:Tranzit, Die Rise, Buried.

and Ton's of other people done Maxis Egg on the previous maps as well.

So who's ever side you complete this easter egg, will affect the next map?

ugh more questions.

Sacrificing an entire planet and it's people for one person is extremely selfish. Unless he plans to compensate for that.

Maybe shape the planet into his own world? The 4th Reich Cometh? nahhh

He has Aether like powers now, anything is possible for him now.

As soon as i heard in tranzit him saying he cant do physical changes YET that it was gonna result in him doing something in aether.

Exactly guys. You could argue that killing you would be better than a slow torture. Maxis doesn't want to kill anyone. It's just an unfortunate consequence. I see Maxis as the loving father. When forced to choose between his little girl and the world, he chooses his girl. The question is not whether he's selfish but whether he's evil. It's entirely different.

I don't believe Maxis is evil. But he is rather insane. Let me explain:

Let's review Maxis' life in full here: His wife has died and Samantha is really the only person he has left in his lifetime. I mean, he was willing to keep her at a weapons factory just to ensure her safety, and above all else, he had been trapped in an advanced AI system as a disembodied spirit unable to even KNOW the whereabouts of his daughter, who had basically been separated from him due to the selfish will of his research assistant bent on usurping power he knew would end in catastrophe. So once he finally finds out his daughter his safe on Moon and thinks he has thwarted the man who has torn his life into shreds, he finds that he has only multiplied the damage done and worsened the conditions of humanity. Oh yeah, and then his own daughter dies shortly after.

How could this not drive a father to the brink of insanity? Not only do I believe Maxis is not evil, I pity him and understand his struggle. He may not be making the right choices by sacrificing the remnants of humanity, but you must understand he is a father. He would do anything to be reunited with Samantha, even if it meant deceiving the remaining human population and destroying an entire planet (over half of which is populated by brainless undead, mind you).

Doesen't this Easter Egg debunk the whole Maxis is a AI thing? a AI can't take control of the Aether, Maxis is a soul in the Aether, much like Richtofen, he just doesn't have a body to inhabit.

No. People are uneducated on the whole "AI" thing. His soul was trapped within the computers in Griffin Station that were hooked up to the MPD. The idea is that now his soul isn't trapped anymore.

@brett: Not sure if I completely agree with your timeline (still working it on myself to be honest), but I agree with your point. Maxis is not evil. People just want to have bragging rights to go "I called it" without actually evaluating the morals and ethics of what is happening.

Doesen't this Easter Egg debunk the whole Maxis is a AI thing? a AI can't take control of the Aether, Maxis is a soul in the Aether, much like Richtofen, he just doesn't have a body to inhabit.

No. People are uneducated on the whole "AI" thing. His soul was trapped within the computers in Griffin Station that were hooked up to the MPD. The idea is that now his soul isn't trapped anymore.

Ah Ok, that makes sense then.

A quote from a character named John Smith from a nice movie Called Felon

'You protect your family at all costs. Even if you're forced to kill again. Because if i had to, I'd wipe out the whole planet to get mine back.'

I think it fit's well with Maxis. He is not evil just really want to get his daughter back.

• Administrators

The word AI is misleading to me, that's not the right word to describe Maxis's state.

But Maxis is not evil, like I said before, he is saving the human race by killing them.

@brett: Not sure if I completely agree with your timeline (still working it on myself to be honest), but I agree with your point. Maxis is not evil. People just want to have bragging rights to go "I called it" without actually evaluating the morals and ethics of what is happening.

My exact thoughts when all this blasphemy began. Personally this evidence was given completely out of timeline, I was simply writing it out to get the point across of the struggle with Maxis. In fact, I believe you and I previously convened our thoughts due to our shared beliefs that we are in the 2020s on the Die Rise forums back in the day. :lol:

But yeah, this is not my timeline, I simply jotted down my evidence at the time out of order in regards to the story.