How to pap round 1 awaken the gazebo

TheBSZombie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A warning to everyone out there. The ghost house is practically impossible without a weapon. Ghosts will sometimes randomly teleport or respawn if you attempt to ignore them and run for it. It was heartbreaking to see my 20 minutes of work wasted this morning because I was too stupid to remember to buy that Remington originally.

A warning to everyone out there. The ghost house is practically impossible without a weapon. Ghosts will sometimes randomly teleport or respawn if you attempt to ignore them and run for it. It was heartbreaking to see my 20 minutes of work wasted this morning because I was too stupid to remember to buy that Remington originally.

Quick heads up for people. I completed this and didn't use the trample steam in the barn. Just follow the cave into the saloon and jump across to the gunsmith store. May be a little longer but saves zombies dying via TS.

You might want to add to the guide the fact the farther away you are from Debries when you get the Big Guy to break them the more points you can get, (upwards near 2000 points a debrie if you get a good shot).

Should be able get close to 1000 doing the church door if you line it up correctly so it does help alot.

PDW works really well in the ghost house. DO NOT run, pace yourself and wait for them

2 before the bookcase

1 comes out of there

1 while in there.

2 more after you get out.

Bagel.... as shown in the video they will not "randomly teleport or respawn" They only despawn if you get to far away from them. So, like shown in the video and text, go to double tap then when the ghost gets inside the room with you, walk around her and continue walking till you get out of the house.

Bagel.... as shown in the video they will not "randomly teleport or respawn" They only despawn if you get to far away from them. So, like shown in the video and text, go to double tap then when the ghost gets inside the room with you, walk around her and continue walking till you get out of the house.

I'd tried going to double tap but had trouble originally. thought it was easier going up the stairs first and killing them as soon as I saw them.

I did have one spawn behind me on 2 occasions

This achievement is really challenging and it reminds me of playing old school console games like Mario...

You get to a difficult level and first master the initial half, but always die at a certain area in the 2nd half. You end up mastering that first half of the level and experience extreme frustration when you get through that first half just to fail at the 2nd half over and over.

Great job, Treyarch, for taking me back to the days of flinging my controller at the TV screen. Instead of gamerscore for this one, I think we should earn a free controller. :lol:

^this^

The witches house is a guarantee for me now, I never get touched and I never fire a bullet. Not because I'm good or anything, it's just that easy.

I used to hoard or train the witch by looping around her in the Tap room, but there is an even easier way. When you enter the house you can go left (I never do) or right, towards the Tap room. I now just stand in the corner to the right of the stairs and walk around her, soooooo easy.

Keep her behind you about 10', when you get upstairs to the bookshelf sprint into the cracks behind the bookshelf. She will never touch you, ever.

This achievement is really challenging and it reminds me of playing old school console games like Mario...

You get to a difficult level and first master the initial half, but always die at a certain area in the 2nd half. You end up mastering that first half of the level and experience extreme frustration when you get through that first half just to fail at the 2nd half over and over.

Great job, Treyarch, for taking me back to the days of flinging my controller at the TV screen. Instead of gamerscore for this one, I think we should earn a free controller. :lol:

I like that it is challenging. When you finally do it, you get total sense of relief and made me think it wasn't that hard :o

Watched the video and saw you had one ghost the whole time... I guess my game must have glitched out. The ghost in the Double Tap room literally shot up through the ceiling and appeared in front of the bookshelf. This is what I meant about "teleporting" A ghost came around the corner, whom I killed. When the bookcase opened, 2 ghosts came out. At this point I just booked it. There were 3 ghosts after the hallway that leads to the maze. I just ended the game after making it through the maze untouched.

All zombies on the map turn into witches, so maybe that's why you had more than one.

Shouldn't be two witches until the middle 20s.

That sounds wrong considering I had 2 zombies and didn't get more than 1 witch at a time when I done it

I only ever get more than one witch when I have more than one zombie, but you are correct about the witches in the house.

I only get one in the house until round twenty something, even if there are extras outside. (multiplayer)

This is possible to do with the time bomb. You need to get the time bomb from the box on round one. Then you place it down and open all the doors without using any of the chalk. Once you have all the doors open to get to the Pack-a-Punch, you use the time bomb and go back to round one.

I know some of you might say that if you go back in time, the doors and points you have will just reset to what it was. The truth is that using the time bomb doesn't reset the doors opened, it only resets your weapons and points. I don't know why but I'll get a video for proof.

EDIT: Here's proof of being able to use the time bomb to get the achievement. It's not the only way, but it's probably the easiest. Also, you use the chalk to get enough points to Pack-a-Punch after you use the time bomb.

Credit to RockyRhode for showing me the video and to the owner of the video.

Sorry. I felt like everyone just ignored my post so I decided to quote it.

Multiple witches will only spawn if there are more than one player inside the house at a time or if its the mini boss round. If the lights on the house are not lit up, then only one ghost will spawn. This is why I advise people not to only go into the house one by one when you are playing co op.

Oh and eternal, I have already broken a headset when I went down on round 62 and part of my controller when I went down on round 25. Both were bs downs and I accidentaly lost control for a split second. lolz.

I doubt people will have ignored your post but you have to remember getting the time bomb is luck of the box just the same as getting the paralyzer.

I always forget that it might take multiple games to get it. When I went for the achievement, I got the Time Bomb my first or second try so I think that its as easy to get it for me as for everyone else. My luck, huh. :lol:

I doubt people will have ignored your post but you have to remember getting the time bomb is luck of the box just the same as getting the paralyzer.

I always forget that it might take multiple games to get it. When I went for the achievement, I got the Time Bomb my first or second try so I think that its as easy to get it for me as for everyone else. My luck, huh. :lol:

Yea first impressions really set up what you think about something :mrgreen: I would be extremely unlucky and get super frustrated if I had to try for the time bomb.

I thought about doing it using the paralyzer but only ever had it come on round 1 once out of 20/30 tries

If you got the paralyzer it would save you 1500 points because you wouldn't have to purchase the door to the general store to get the trample steam or the door to the saloon.

I thought about doing it using the paralyzer but only ever had it come on round 1 once out of 20/30 tries

My friend got the Paralyzer when he went for it in like 3 tries. Oh the luck. :lol:

Yea first impressions really set up what you think about something :mrgreen: I would be extremely unlucky and get super frustrated if I had to try for the time bomb.

So true!!! :lol:

Another way to help maximise your points in round 1 with the zombies would be to get the Sniper Rifle extra points Persistant Upgrade, and then use the SVU to get all the Round 1 zombie kills (that'll net you at least an extra 1500 points). Plus the SVU isn't too shabby for killing the witches.

Also, you only really need the TS to leap into the courthouse for one of the chalk placements. You can use the giant to just smash the debris for everything else. After you use up the free booze, just buy the rest - the 1000 points you spend to buy the booze, you'll be able to get back (and more) by lining up the giant from far enough away for each of the pieces of debris you smash open; so do that for at least the debris next to the candy shop, the church, and the mansion itself.

Also, you only really need the TS to leap into the courthouse for one of the chalk placements. You can use the giant to just smash the debris for everything else. After you use up the free booze, just buy the rest - the 1000 points you spend to buy the booze, you'll be able to get back (and more) by lining up the giant from far enough away for each of the pieces of debris you smash open; so do that for at least the debris next to the candy shop, the church, and the mansion itself.

This is true also. Now that I think about it, I think you can do the whole thing without the trample steam. Let me go try.

Edit: yes you can. A description will be up shortly.

I was in a solo game... I looked into it on theatre mode, and it was definitely a glitch. The original ghost was trying to go through a wall, then had a random dying animation, then snapped into the animation she does when going off of a ledge. This made her drop under the map then shoot up into the air. After that ghosts spawned every 5 seconds in the spot in the bedroom, even after I left the house. Looks like it was just some sort of error with the AI. :D