The New Maxis Diary

Taklok

Well guys, since it's DLC time, it's also Maxis Diary time, and I'm amazed no one has been talking about it yet. Here is the new diary, and below I will point out why I get from it, and possibly rewrote a bit of our "known" story in the process.

So here's what stands out to me, with explanations below:

-The Aether is our next map

-The O4 are dead

-Maxis is NOT a computer AI

Pretty crazy how I can gather all this from that one diary, right? Not so much. Lets start with The Aether. The only bit of information that supports this is the first paragraph. Maxis wants to uncover the dimensional gateway to the ethereal realm itself, but to do what? That I am not sure of. However, what I am sure of is that Maxis is aware that Samantha is dead. What this means is that Sam in Richtofen's body has died, which if she died, I must say it would be safe to assume that Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo are dead too.

Yes, I said it. They're all deader than a door nail. But for good reason!

Lets look at the second bit from the diary.

It is my sincerest hope that somewhere in the realm beyond, my beloved Samantha still lives.

So if we recall all the way back to Moon, I believe it is stated that when the zombies die, their souls go to The Aether. So why is it different for the O4? It isn't.

My prediction for the next DLC is that we will be playing as the O4 in The Aether. What better way to follow up Moon as a final DLC finale, am I right? It also appears that whatever Maxis is scheming to do in The Aether, Samantha is important in his plot and it is important she is still alive in The Aether. I believe he is trying to get into the Aether in order to instruct the O4 in fixing the Earth, as that is where the Earth has to be healed.

But, I have yet to get to the part where Maxis is not a computer AI. This one is a bit trickier and a little more farfetched, but here goes.

First, I don't think maxis would still be making diary entries as a computer AI, nor genuinely care about the date of the earth or Samantha. That bit is just off.

NOW, here's where it fits together. In buried, when we first find the guillotine, Richtofen ends up saying that it will be perfect to thwart Maxis. "No, we don't actually need to take his head. I was speaking metaphorically. Although, beheading does come with temperaments."

Now, why would he say that if Maxis were indeed a computer AI?

That's right, he wouldn't! Because Maxis isn't an AI! He is a living, breathing person!

All this time he's been talking to us through electronics.... Because he's been talking to us through electronics!

And that is my Maxis Diary breakdown. Thank you for reading and feel free to correct me on anywhere I am wrong, and I shall update the thread accordingly. What are your guys' thoughts?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Tak but I'm here to argue with this.

These diary entries all pre-date the events of W@W and Black Ops. Essentially what can be summed up here, is Maxis is aware of Richtofen grand scheme (the story arch of Black Ops 1) and Sam has died. This means that currently the Original 4 are still alive with Richtofen, carrying out his plan. It also shows that Maxis has some awareness of the aether, although not completely understanding how it works but he knows of Sams where about. This means that it sets this entry, after the events of Der Riese and before Maxis was shot at Griffin Station. This brings up the question to me is that, if he had the time to write this diary entry during that timespan, what the hell was he doing that gave him time? I in no way see this as stating that the O4 are dead. 3arc know their fans are wanting them back, to kill them off would cause a massive 'rift' :lol: in the community. Sorry, but this is how I see it all.

I am aware that the previous journals were from the time period of before WaW and Black Ops, but let's remember something here for a second.

This is zombies, anything is possible, and nothing makes sense at first. I admit, my analysis is farfetched, but something about it seems much more current than the previous ones.

However, I did come up with another theory, that one a lot simpler.

Basically, Maxis is a computer AI and he's hoping Samantha is still alive on the other side, in this ass the living side. I feel that one would be more acceptable around here.

Sorry, but your theory and the diary don't seem to match up. He says that he hopes Richtofen's thirst for power doesn't become catastrophic- well for one thing he already HAS that specific power he has yearned for. And I'd consider the collapse of civilization and the undead ruling the Earth to be a pretty catastrophic outcome at this point.