Analyzing the Wunder Weapon: The Paralyzer

bagel_

Whaddup guys,

Today, a ton of pre-release gameplay was released by several big Youtubers out there. One of the biggest gameplays was by Ali-A, and he showed off many of the new features of the new gamemode, Buried. (The actual map is called Resolution 1295, but whatever.) I'll cut to the chase and tell you all what I managed to pick off from the video.

Acquiring the Paralyzer:

The Paralyzer is a weapon that you may get from the Box, like the Wunderwaffe, Thunder Gun, VR 11, Scavenger, Baby Gun, Wave Gun, and Blundergat. It has a very unique shape, and seems almost like something right out of Halo 4. If you manage to pull this out of the box in your first playthrough, be prepared to crap yourself. I assume there can only be one, unlike how you can have two Blundergats in MotD.

Using the Paralyzer:

As seen in the pictures, this gun "shoots" a constant gas-like substance, making zombies slow down until they are at a complete stop. If the gun is still being shot at this state, the zombies will burst into a puff of white smoke, leaving blood and guts all over the floor. You'll probably notice there is no ammo count on the HUD for this weapon. Instead, there is a "temperature" meter that counts up on it, very similar to the Jet Gun. It is circled in the third photo. I used the stopwatch on my phone to do a little math and breakdown how this counter actually works. By simply holding down the trigger, the meter on the gun goes up 10 digits per second, while letting it cool down makes the digits drop by 5 per second. Unfortunately, this meter goes up to 150, then the gun overheats, giving you 15 seconds to shoot it constantly before you are unable to use it. If the weapon overheats, the gun is unusable for 30 seconds, then you may go back to tearing through your hoards. A good thing about the weapon is that it lets you know it is close to overheating by changing the whiter, illuminated colors of the weapon from white to red, so you'll have a good indicator of when it's time to let the gun cool down. The weapon takes exactly 1.5 seconds to kill a zombie with constant firing on it. So, if you fired upon one zombie after another without taking your finger off the trigger, you could essentially kill 100 zombies, which is definitely more than enough. You do not get points for using the weapon on zombies. Instead, you are given 50 points for every zombie you kill with it.

This weapon is very similar to the Jet Gun, but in a way it actually should've been made. :D

The Paralyzer and Sidequests:

Around the map, there are these red orbs sitting on pedestals, and if you fire a constant blast of the Paralyzer unto them, they change color from red to white, and when they are fully charged, an audio que plays. This obviously means that this is of importance. Perhaps we are looking at the first step of the Easter Egg, or maybe a way to access other areas of the map.

If you want to see a ton of pre-release footage, check out Xperiment's thread here, and thank you for reading!

bagel_, out.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic