"Buried" opening Cutscene

way2g00d

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love this intro, had to watchi it again lol

i knew this map would give us their background story...and i knew it was more to Russman all along. i think its time we start gathering his quotes and see if they give any more clues. im startin to think he was a gov. official

Okay, so here's what we found out:

-Russmana and Stuhlinger already knew each other prior to meeting Misty and Marlton. They arrived in Tranzit (called "the town") on the bus and the four met there

-Society has (obviously) collapsed, but few have managed to survive

-The group is aware of Richtofen, whom they refer to as the "German voice"

-Russman was an operative at the Broken Arrow facility, ever since an incident. This could be the zombie outbreak, the missile launch or the outbreak in Broken Arrow mentioned in the Die Rise radios

-Buried is set somewhere in Southeast Africa

Hmm. This was very interesting. By revealing Russman's past, we now know that Russ was an Agent for Broken Arrow, where he met Stuhlinger back in his youth. After an outbreak there, they took the Bus to Hanford, where they met Marlton and Misty. This gets Stuh and Russ' past out of the way. We know Marlton was a scientist at Area 51 and escaped after the outbreak there, but before the missiles from Moon hit, and he met Misty in Hanford. So now, what of Misty's past?

Russman suffers from long-term memory loss though, as he can't even remember his own name... However everyone seems to forget going to the town and using the bank: Heres why

It's not a disease that the scientist is describing, it's the effects of helping richtofen: Resetting of the map, voices in your head, memory loss of recent events....

There is no zombie virus, only 115...

bagel: We still don't know stu's past as well... Odd that the two hate each other and we don't know their pasts...

It's not a disease that the scientist is describing, it's the effects of helping richtofen: Resetting of the map, voices in your head, memory loss of recent events....

but Stu is the one that hears Richtofen and hes fine.

it said "the contaminates are now effecting the air we breathe" theres a virus..how else are people turning to zombies

We know enough about Stu: he was in the Flesh, and now can hear Richtofen. To be honest, that's good enough for me. He's FAR from fine as well- he's having short term memory loss, paranoia, not to mention hearing constant groans in his head during Die Rise... there is something seriously wrong with Stu.

We know enough about Stu: he was in the Flesh, and now can hear Richtofen. To be honest, that's good enough for me. He's FAR from fine as well- he's having short term memory loss, paranoia, not to mention hearing constant groans in his head during Die Rise... there is something seriously wrong with Stu.

havent heard any quotes from him about his memory except the die rise intro "have we been here before" and from the Buried opening scene hes doing better then Russman, who cant remember if Russman is his first name or not.

Ok he may not be infected with 115 but since TranZit came out ive said theres more to him then we think (i think theres more to Misty too..) i think we'll find out in this map finally

but Stu is the one that hears Richtofen and hes fine.

it said "the contaminates are now effecting the air we breathe" theres a virus..how else are people turning to zombies

Im saying that the nukes spread the 115 radiation across the globe, and these CDC scientist are misinterpreting disease for the 115 radiation... Meaning they think its a disease but in reality it's 115, and when the nukes hit only those who had some form of protection: (Nuketown Bunker, wherever Russ was) Survived, everyone else became a zombie and died... Now people are slowly becoming more and more "diseased" due to exposure to the element.... Causing richtofen to gain some control over their souls and life-force... Those who ingested zombies sped up this process by obtaining more 115 inside them and the more 115 they had, the more easy it was for richtofen to talk to them... Misty, marelton, and russman are still at stage 1 of zombie control: Memory-loss and Life-force control.... Where as stulinger ingested zombies and is already at stage 2: Voices....

I think it's important to note that 'The Rift' is used as a proper noun for something.

Could potentially mean:

- The place is known as 'The Rift'. And the place needs fixing?

- There's a physical item there known as 'The Rift', and it needs fixing?

- Or it's a direct quote, and they know that whatever 'The Rift' is, it's where they're going.

Seems as if Russman will be the player to be this time around. Interesting cut scene indeed.

Seems as if Russman will be the player to be this time around. Interesting cut scene indeed.

eeeexactly..and yea tells alot...

hold on...the cutscene showed them fighting zombies in different places..but some of the pics had the TranZit bus in it..werent they teleported right after TranZit to Die Rise..

But remember they walked from die rise to africa....

ok yes , but what im saying is they were teleported to Die Rise but you see them fighting Zombies with the TranZit bus.(notice the places? werent Green Run and one of them had alot of water) and then they WALK from Die Rise to africa? why didnt they get teleported again..maybe we're asking the wrong questions.

SIDE NOTE- has any one seen the new journal entry yet? i was curious about wat clues it has